Black Sabbath - Official Announcement on 11-11-11

Black Sabbath

Saw them at Ozzfest.

Don't hold your expectations too high and you'll have a blast.

What do you guys think makes their performance not on par with fan's expectations? Is it Ozzy, the band or their chemistry?

To me it just felt tired and bloated,so perhaps chemistry.

But hey,some people were blowing proverbial loads as they stood there in awe.

It didn't suck,it just felt kinda meh.

If you're pumped for it you'll most likely have a blast.

I wouldn't expect it to be the most amazing thing you've ever seen though.

It might not live up to that hype for you.

The Heaven and Hell tour I saw was waaaay better imo. :shrugs:

But in fairness,if they are going all out on this as their own headlining tour rather than a halfbaked reunion at Ozzfest,then maybe it will be what everyone is hoping for.

Like P5...I'm not holding my breath,but I might just end up going anyway. :tongue2:

Did you see Heaven And Hell in '07 or '08? Saw both Toronto gigs...'07 was great because of the longer setlist with lots of rarities, but the band was gelling A LOT better in Toronto in '08. Unfortunately, that one was only a 75 minute set, as they were opening for Priest (Who were also a letdown...)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen Black Sabbath before and they weren't all that great. And Ozzy's voice these days is kind of shot when it comes to live shows. He mostly just sings a few lines and then starts swearing. The album might be good though.

Edited by ITW 2012

I've seen Black Sabbath before and they weren't all that great. And Ozzy's voice these days is kind of shot when it comes to live shows. He mostly just sings a few lines and then starts swearing. The album might be good though.

And don't forget the oh-so-popular "Here's a song called..." line he uses before every song.

And don't forget the oh-so-popular "Here's a song called..." line he uses before every song.

"CLAP YOUR FUCKING HANDS!"

"CLAP YOUR FUCKING HANDS!"

:lol:

:fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou:

ALL OF YOU

<_<

:heart:

All in good, fun, we know you're excited as hell.

Edited by Powerage5

Did you see Heaven And Hell in '07 or '08? Saw both Toronto gigs...'07 was great because of the longer setlist with lots of rarities, but the band was gelling A LOT better in Toronto in '08. Unfortunately, that one was only a 75 minute set, as they were opening for Priest (Who were also a letdown...)

'07 (that's like 3 or 4 same gigs we were at) :tongue2:

I thought it blew Sabbath out of the water.

Priest...saw them in '91...it was enough.

I hate it when artists say that.. I like to be surprised haha :P

At least it's more coherent than "This one's called ---. This one!" Dio was a god, but the guy couldn't intro a song.

I would pay to see Sabbath, no question. Never seen Ozzy, love the band. Don't care if they stand still. Clapton does that too, but still puts on a damn fine show. If you want to see old overweight geniuses run around out of shape, GNR are on tour and you can see them. Sabbath accept their limits and do the best they can. Fine by me.

At least it's more coherent than "This one's called ---. This one!" Dio was a god, but the guy couldn't intro a song.

I would pay to see Sabbath, no question. Never seen Ozzy, love the band. Don't care if they stand still. Clapton does that too, but still puts on a damn fine show. If you want to see old overweight geniuses run around out of shape, GNR are on tour and you can see them. Sabbath accept their limits and do the best they can. Fine by me.

But the limits of the original band are a 70 minute set with a singer who's incomprehensible. I'd much rather see them get back Tony Martin, whose voice is still in great shape. They could do 2 hour sets again, with material from Ozzy, Dio, and Martin.

But the limits of the original band are a 70 minute set with a singer who's incomprehensible. I'd much rather see them get back Tony Martin, whose voice is still in great shape. They could do 2 hour sets again, with material from Ozzy, Dio, and Martin.

Wow, I saw Ozzy in April this year touring his new solo album, he wasn't THAT bad... he stood still most of the time and between every single song he'd go "Make some fucking noise, I can't hear you" but it was a good show, actually...

I know where you're coming from with this, but A LOT more people care about an original reunion. Hell, some people would even be like "Who's Tony Martin?"

I'm excited.