Chris Pitman solo show in brazil!

AGS

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If some of you people wouldn't go 'Mommyyyyyyy he said the S-word' as soon as someone mentions a certain ex GNR-guitarist, there wouldn't be any problem. I mean, the one and only CHRIS FUCKING PITMAN is playing a show! Let's focus on what matters here.

Why in the world would slash's name NEED to be mentioned in a story about a Chris pitman show?

Your post works both ways."mommy there is a GnR topic that didn't mention slash. Sure, Slash hasn't been in the band for 15 years and has moved on with his life and career, but I cannot do the same. So I think I will hang out at a forum of a band that Slash isn't in, just so I can ridicule and make fun of any topic that talks about a current band member."

His name does not NEED to be mentioned, but he played a significant role in the history of Guns N' Roses (arguably more than any of the current band members excluding Axl), so it isn't all that weird his name and fans of his turn up on a GNR forum.

Edited by st0n3r

If some of you people wouldn't go 'Mommyyyyyyy he said the S-word' as soon as someone mentions a certain ex GNR-guitarist, there wouldn't be any problem. I mean, the one and only CHRIS FUCKING PITMAN is playing a show! Let's focus on what matters here.

Why in the world would slash's name NEED to be mentioned in a story about a Chris pitman show?

Your post works both ways."mommy there is a GnR topic that didn't mention slash. Sure, Slash hasn't been in the band for 15 years and has moved on with his life and career, but I cannot do the same. So I think I will hang out at a forum of a band that Slash isn't in, just so I can ridicule and make fun of any topic that talks about a current band member."

His name does not NEED to be mentioned, but he played a significant role in the history of Guns N' Roses (arguably more than any of the current band members excluding Axl), so it isn't all that weird his name and fans of his turn up on a GNR forum.

There's a section dedicated to him, there are thred in which it makes sense fot fis name to pop up but this one has absolutely nothing to do with him. Pitman and Slash can coexist :tongue2:

There's a section dedicated to him, there are thred in which it makes sense fot fis name to pop up but this one has absolutely nothing to do with him. Pitman and Slash can coexist :tongue2:

Hey, I don't wanna drag this , but you know it's one of the Pitman defenders who dragged Slash into this discussion. :P

Really, when someone says something negative about Pitman here, it is his right to say so. Instead of answering with 'Well Slash suxxxx tooo!', someone could have chosen to say something like 'Pitman is cool, because [insert arguments]'. No? :shrugs:

Edited by st0n3r

Guest ben9785

Well he's not at the front of the stage playing the iconic guitar riffs that people identify GN'R with, but I think his position is probably more significant in the studio, since "Chinese Democracy" came out anyway, considering he has two co-writing credits with Axl on the album. So, I'd say he has earned a right to be identified as a member of GN'R.

Edited by ben9785

Someone else has been doing it for 15 years, and he isn't even in the band.

Yeah but he earned it

:thumbsup:

Pitman has been in GN'R longer than most of the members of the original band. Also, he's IN Guns N' Roses.

:fuckyou:

So? What's he done? "Sub bass" on CD? Played some shows? Partial song writing credit?

Slash has more a right to use the GNR name than this guy. Granted, he is in GNR currently and has every right to use the name to promote himself but Slash shouldn't be knocked because he does.

Edited by Chris 55

Yeah but he earned it

Pitman has been in GN'R longer than most of the members of the original band. Also, he's IN Guns N' Roses.

So? What's he done? "Sub bass" on CD? Played some shows? Partial song writing credit?

Slash has more a right to use the GNR name than this guy.

Hey I like Slash too however let's remember one tiny detail about him and GN'R SLASH QUIT!

Yeah but he earned it

Hey I like Slash too however let's remember one tiny detail about him and GN'R SLASH QUIT!

IT'S OFFICIAL...

Axl Thread --> Slash discussion

Tommy Thread --> Slash discussion

DJ Thread --> Slash discussion

Bumblefoot Thread --> Slash discussion

Fortus Thread --> Slash discussion

Dizzy Thread --> Slash discussion

PITMAN thread --> Slash discussion

who's up for a slash discussion at a Frank thread?

Yeah but he earned it

Of course. They all quit. But when you quit a job, you can still use your past experience at that job on your resume can't you?

Yeah but he earned it

Of course. They all quit. But when you quit a job, you can still use your past experience at that job on your resume can't you?

Yes u can, i love slash snakepits work and i understand ex-gunners or gunners using the GNR banner to promote them in SOME WAY, but check the first post who complained about that... check who was the guy that started all this crap in this thread... he only has 2 posts in this thread if im not wrong... then u will see whats wrong with it, and the way he expressed it... and yes, im talking about star :monkey: ...

Edited by AGS

Yeah but he earned it

Of course slash can. And he should. Nobody is debating that. Bro, 99% of us "axlites" also live Slash. You are missing the point.

I will chat about Slash all day long with you. In the PROPER topics and forum sections.

But in the current GnR forum ....no. slash isn't currently in the band. So no need to bring his name up in every post about what the new band is doing. That is just idiotic.

And IN the forum specifically designed for current band members (which Slash isn't) there is a post about a current band member. Again, clearly this has NOTHING to do with Slash.

There is no reason to mention slash in a negative or insulting way towards the new band in this section. None at all. Except for clowns who have nothing better to do.

If u want to chat about Slash, let's go to the VR section. Or the former gunners section. There, we can spend hours and hours chatting about how slash is the greatest human being to ever set foot on earth in the history of the world.

This is just the wrong section to do it. Unless you are a cupcake. Which is pretty sad if u are over the age of 13.

Pretty pathetic that the slash fan boys spend more time in the current GnR forum than they do in the VR and former gunners forum.

Any GN'R fans that doesn't care about Slash not being in the band? Yeah he was awesome, but he's not in the band anymore.

I couldn't care less that Slash is no longer in the band. I love the contributions he made while he was in it, but everything he's done since has been a major letdown for me. I don't know why we're discussing this in this thread, but I hope that answers your question.

..and another rides on the back of the name Guns N'Roses :rolleyes:

Pitman is in GN'R, therefore it's normal. It's like if Kirk Hammett had a solo show, do you think it would just say "Kirk Hammlet" or "Kirk Hammett FROM METALLICA."

:rolleyes:

I just read that and choked on my coffee :lol::lol:

Guest siliconmessiah

Is it posted already?

http://www.twitvid.com/XVCLX

:rofl-lol: He's good!

Pitman needs a freaking solo spot with GN'R!

Very nice! "Drink motherfuckers" lol xD

i ike it a lot

Great stuff!!!

Haha, this is EPIC!!! I wanna do E with Pitman. :thumbsup:

Yes. Would have been a great night to be there!

Pitman is one of GNR´s finest musicians together with Stinson and 4tus!

Edited by siliconmessiah