Ashba: I think the difference is to be mature in what you do and the choices you make.

auad

Guest siliconmessiah

Bla bla bla Slash bla bla bla Slash bla bla bla. Every single thread is being derailed these days.

I agree with you. And I don´t like it either.

But at the same time, the lack of news and new material keeps the nuguns from having their an history of their own.

As there is nothing new to discuss about nuguns ---> discussions end up to be about the past ---> and we all know who belonged in gnr in the past.

If there had been news and songs released by Guns N´ Roses in 2009-10-11 the discussion would have been different.

Edited by siliconmessiah

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest siliconmessiah

If there had been news and songs released by Guns N´ Roses in 2009-10-11 the discussion would have been different.

I agree with you, even though I don't believe that's a good enough excuse to keep the Axl vs Slash vs Ashba bullshit going on.

I agree. I am not the one starting shit in every thread. I am just tired of the same generic interviews, the same talk about Sixwhatever and clothing.

But I guess that´s how it´s gonna be until there is music to speak for itself.

just censor the word slash like cd.com censored newgnr.com

''newgnr.com'' became ''cocksalad.com''

''slash'' should be made into ''we're sorry, this product is either sold out or about to sell out''

discussions would then be like:

FUCK ASHBA! he wears a tophat, smokes on stage and plays a gibson, he thinks he is ''we're sorry, this product is either sold out or about to sell out''!!!!!1111!! :fuckyou::fuckyou:

as a matter of fact, i think i'm gonna use THAT instead of slash or saul, you with me volcano?

j/k

or am i?

Edited by UcudBmineCD

Actually going back through some more footage of the band and comparing it, I take back anything bad I said about Bumblefoot, he's definitely got a better overall style than Ashba. Plus his solo career kills anything Ashba has did. Really Ashba can play the part, but some of the stuff live isn't as good as it should be, but certain songs Ashba just does great, however Bumblefoot has a more consistant style (and for that matter should play more of the solos) Ashba has potential, and I'm sure we'll have to accept him as I don't see him leaving anytime soon. It remains to be seen how well he'll handle the new studio material.

Good boy. You should check out November Rain Live at Reading 2010. Richard did the first solo, DJ did the second and Bumblefoot blew them away with the final solo. Rich need to do more guitar solos.

Its not really related, but I've always thought to that Richard should get more solo's. He's better than Finick and I feel he could be better than Ashba as well, both of which I've saw more as Rhythm guitarists than Leads. Finick more than Ashba as I feel Finick butchered older material at times, where Buckethead or Bumblefoot could have did much better. However on the material that he was directly involved in such as Better, he could play great.

I saw Ashba perform the solo in Sorry which was composed by Buckethead and I thought he did fine. I thought Bumblefoot would have been selected to perform it since he and Bucket are similar in training and style but Ashba pulled it off very well. Ashba is more talented than Finck IMO. Finck may not play the old material as well, but he was great when he did his own thing.

just censor the word slash like cd.com censored newgnr.com

''newgnr.com'' became ''cocksalad.com''

''slash'' should be made into ''we're sorry, this product is either sold out or about to sell out''

discussions would then be like:

FUCK ASHBA! he wears a tophat, smokes on stage and plays a gibson, he thinks he is ''we're sorry, this product is either sold out or about to sell out''!!!!!1111!! :fuckyou::fuckyou:

as a matter of fact, i think i'm gonna use THAT instead of slash or saul, you with me volcano?

j/kuy

or am i?

Does it really say cocksalad.com brilliant! Can the words hired hand and nut swinger be abolished as well? :lol:

I bet if you naysayers saw him live with Nu Guns you'd be rocking out throwing the horns.

I prefer Robin as I really love everything he did with Guns. His style of playing, writing abilities, persona and feel are amazing to me.

That said, I have nothing against DJ. I mean, I don't like it when he's playing Finck's Chinese material as I don't really hear the right feel there but other then that he plays the old stuff great, and seems to fit really well in the band.

His Ballad Of Death solo spot is a highlight and I like his melodic approach.

The current line up is a strong unit. They just need a chance to show what they can do together in a studio. Ashba never felt out of place for me in Guns, even if he's not my first choice as one of the lead guitar players for this band.

Edited by Rovim

I bet if you naysayers saw him live with Nu Guns you'd be rocking out throwing the horns.

I prefer Robin as I really love everything he did with Guns. His style of playing, writing abilities, persona and feel are amazing to me.

That said, I have nothing against DJ. I mean, I don't like it when he's playing Finck's Chinese material as I don't really hear the right feel there but other then that he plays the old stuff great, and seems to fit really well in the band.

His Ballad Of Death solo spot is a highlight and I like his melodic approach.

The current line up is a strong unit. They just need a chance to show what they can do together in a studio. Ashba never felt out of place for me in Guns, even if he's not my first choice as one of the lead guitar players for Guns.

Yeah Robin Finck was awesome in Guns N' Roses, he had great showmanship and he was very talented. I guess Ashba's playing is a bit cleaner, he certainly fits with the rest of the band and I do love the ballad of death.