What's the most iconic image of New GNR?

ITW 2012

Guest siliconmessiah

I haven´t seen this one ever. Is it the House Of Blues 2001?

[pic of Axl]

2001-12-31 The Joint - Las Vegas, NV

Cool, thx!

there's also the 2006 (?) pic of Axl in a black leather jacket with braids, out on the corner of the stage flipping the audience off. i can't seem to find that pic but it was on their official website fore awhile. quite iconic IMO. can anyone find it?

Guest siliconmessiah

A lot of people complained about the VMA performance but I thought Madagascar was well done.

I had absolutely NO problem with the VMA performance.

I remember being like 17 years old and going absolutely ape-shit when GNR finally hit the stage that night.

Well, Axl got a little winded, but what the hell - he delivered the goods!

All in all an amazing performance from an amazing band. How I wish it was continued and built upon!

Edited by siliconmessiah

The VMA's were cool in that it was the first time Axl played on MTV in...forever. But the performance was awful. It's sort of like RIR3. It was the biggest event post the original band but the execution wasn't there. There's a bunch of 2006/2011 shows that blow both of those performances out of the water.

Edited by Nintari

They are waiting for Bumblefoot to shave.

I want a black and white photo of the band sitting outside. Give them a very Allman Brothers feel to it.

This. And like have everyone sitting in a row whilst Axl in gold underpants with red microphone stuffed in them, lays across everyone's laps.

I don't think anyone would want to see Axl in underpants at his age. :rofl-lol:

The VMA's were cool in that it was the first time Axl played on MTV in...forever. But the performance was awful. It's sort of like RIR3. It was the biggest event post the original band but the execution wasn't there. There's a bunch of 2006/2011 shows that blow both of those performances out of the water.

Yes,the VMAs weren't the greatest performance but it still stole the show.

Yes,the VMAs weren't the greatest performance but it still stole the show.

Exactly...they were and still are the real deal. They didn't have to lip sing shit.

The term is Lip Synch from synchronizing a music track and pretending to sing to it.Look up Milli Vanilli,or that Simpson twat.

Yes the terminology police are out.