1993: Axl tells the truth about Metallica

D..

Oh, and Master of Puppets > AFD.

LOL

Very close. But no. So still LOL.

Although I will give you some respite and state that Master of Puppets has not one bad song on it whereas of course AFD has the much maligned Anything Goes.

But Anything Goes is super catchy.

The only thing super Anything Goes is, is glam.

Someone once said on here that they imagine a video of the song and you'd have CC Deville playing it on a pink guitar. Says it all to me. Shadow of Your Love would have been way better.

I don't care if it's glammy or not, it's still really catchy and gets stuck in my head all the time. I don't think it's a total dud. I certainly like it more than Think About You and You're Crazy.

lol. Some major tards on here and of course as usual it's the guys that finid no fault with what Axl does.

When it comes down to it all at the end of the day Metallica gives their fans what they want and respect them. Guns (Axl) doesn't.

Yeah,everybody is a tard who doesn't share your opinion :rolleyes:

Tends to be the status quo round these parts I'd say.

Agreed,Sad but true ;)

Ah sailaway, you're witty and informative just like Ted Koppel.

And you're a gentleman and a scholar kind Sir.Maybe someday I can make the leap from Koppel to William Shatner :thumbsup:

Call me when you get to the part when you cover Strawberry Fields Forever. I'll be there with bells on and we shall discuss the classics, old chap.

Good deal,Love the combining of tracks Lennon does on that song.

lol. Some major tards on here and of course as usual it's the guys that finid no fault with what Axl does.

When it comes down to it all at the end of the day Metallica gives their fans what they want and respect them. Guns (Axl) doesn't.

Tards? What are you, 11-12 years old?

Axl hasn't put out an album you like in 20 years.....but you still hang out in a GnR forum? Guess that would make you a but of a......

I don't like Chinese Democracy do I? First I've heard of this.

Agreed,Sad but true ;)

And you're a gentleman and a scholar kind Sir.Maybe someday I can make the leap from Koppel to William Shatner :thumbsup:

Call me when you get to the part when you cover Strawberry Fields Forever. I'll be there with bells on and we shall discuss the classics, old chap.

Good deal,Love the combining of tracks Lennon does on that song.

This. Axlites and Slaxlites can get on after all. BAWW. lol

There's an Axl interview where he clearly says during the interview 'Metallica.. the great band that they are..'

I'm not sure it if it was before or after the two bands toured together.

It's safe to say the old GN'R and old Metallica songs are better than the new materials.

Full credit to Metallica, as now in 2011 they still put on great shows and sound like Metallica. Where as Axl and hired hands sould nothing like Guns N'Roses

Edited by star

There's an Axl interview where he clearly says during the interview 'Metallica.. the great band that they are..'

I'm not sure it if it was before or after the two bands toured together.

It's safe to say the old GN'R and old Metallica songs are better than the new materials.

Full credit to Metallica, as now in 2011 they still put on great shows and song like Metallica. Where as Axl and hired hands song nothing like Guns N'Roses

Well, bands evolve and try new sounds, fans should do the same... i think...

For example, i like St Anger a lot, besides AJFA for its one of the best Metallica albums, but thats just me...

oh, and btw, u cant deny that SR and other songs in CD are an evolution from Locomotive, Breakdown etc etc...

for me GnR are one of the BEST Rock shows going on in the last years, this lineup can do justice to the "old" songs and rock the hell out of it like no other lineup has done... Muse, A7Xa and others coming close..

Edited by AGS

For you, my friend. I my opinion, GnR is in a whooole different level. The only bands I can compaire with GnR are Motörhead, AC/DC and KISS. The small GnR song catalog humiliates Metallica's 9-album catalog. And no Metallica album for me can be compaired with AFD, UYI or CD. But that's just me. :xmasssanta:

Again, seems the opinion of people seems to be if you love one band, you can't love GN'R, or vice versa

I love both bands (Metallica are at the top of my 'bands to see live' list), but they're both very different. One is hard rock, the other is thrash metal. (Perhaps pigeon-holeing them both, but you get the idea). Metallica's recent stuff may not be as good as their 80's albums, but they still have a lot of talent and their stage shows/performances are almost second to none. (That said, I love Death Magnetic, and even parts of St. Anger - it's the Load's I don't care for).

Oh, and the reason James sings so differently now is also partly because he blew his voice out singing 'So What' around the Black Album time, hence he's had to change and why he's now seen doing all those vocal warm ups.

And to be fair to them, Metallica tour practically non-stop and release albums every few years, something GN'R have to catch up on (Though touring-wise they seem to be improving recently)

get wrecked nu guns

Whoa man! Badass! Cool Noise! Headbang! Mosh! Rawr!

I'll be listening to Catcher now.

That very statement sugests you haven't even listened to the song.

I started to like Mettalica when ...AND JUSTICE FOR ALL arrived. To this day that is their best album. When BLACK arrived, I liked that to. When LOAD showed up, I was like WTF?!. There's some good songs on there, but the sound compated to AJFA and Black had gone. S&M was an interesting experiment, and there's some good covers on Garage Inc. I nver bothered to check out St Anger, although I did check out DEATH MAGNETIC, which isn't all that, athough the 3D CD Cover is excellent :thumbsup:

Metallica fans piss me off. Metallica piss me off.

James Hetfield has never been anywhere Axl's charisma on stage. I don't like bands that are here for the money and feel the need to release average albums and tour all the time because they need a new golden hottub.

Metallica is about money. Guns is about music.

That's all I wanted to say, nighty night everyone, and fuck Metallica and the hypocrisy surrounding them.

Funniest post ever. :rofl-lol:

Again, seems the opinion of people seems to be if you love one band, you can't love GN'R, or vice versa

I love both bands (Metallica are at the top of my 'bands to see live' list), but they're both very different. One is hard rock, the other is thrash metal. (Perhaps pigeon-holeing them both, but you get the idea). Metallica's recent stuff may not be as good as their 80's albums, but they still have a lot of talent and their stage shows/performances are almost second to none. (That said, I love Death Magnetic, and even parts of St. Anger - it's the Load's I don't care for).

Oh, and the reason James sings so differently now is also partly because he blew his voice out singing 'So What' around the Black Album time, hence he's had to change and why he's now seen doing all those vocal warm ups.

And to be fair to them, Metallica tour practically non-stop and release albums every few years, something GN'R have to catch up on (Though touring-wise they seem to be improving recently)

get wrecked nu guns

Whoa man! Badass! Cool Noise! Headbang! Mosh! Rawr!

I'll be listening to Catcher now.

That very statement sugests you haven't even listened to the song.

But I did.

LOL

Very close. But no. So still LOL.

Although I will give you some respite and state that Master of Puppets has not one bad song on it whereas of course AFD has the much maligned Anything Goes.

But Anything Goes is super catchy.

I don't know what people see in the album Master Of Puppets that makes it so good... I like Battery, the title track, Welcome Home and Damage Inc. but that's it. I can't even listen to Leper Messiah ou The Thing That Should Not Be... hate those songs. Of the old 'tallica records I say the best is Ride The Lightning.

Agreed,Sad but true ;)

Metallica's a great band. Kinda overrated, but stilla great band. I actually am one of the few people that liked them better when they worked with Bob Rock, in the 90's. Sometimes I think their music lacks 'feeling', it's just technical playing, but they got some GREAT tunes, specialy from those 3 Bob Rock albums such as Enter Sandman, Nothing Else Matters, Sab But True, Unforgiven I & II, Fuel, Memory Remains, Hero Of The Day, Bad Seed, Wasting My Hate, etc... Individually, I think James Hetfield has lost his stage persona when he gave up drinking, and became this "Hello friends, I would like to thank the metallica family" papa bear that pisses me off, while Lars is dispicable as a person and Kirk has no personality of his own. Of them all, I say Trujillo seems to be the coolest guy.

No! Trujillo is a hired hand :rolleyes:

No he's not.

True that is..he recieved $1 miilion to join the band and is a partner not a pay for play hired hand like the NuGuns band members.........

Edited by classicrawker

Hetfield was cool before he became obsessed with being taken seriously as a singer. In other words, Metallica was better when he couldn't sing.

I also resented his little snarky comments on that mtv thing where he reads Axl's list of backstage amenities.

Yeah,this plus the way they got rid of Jason and their "some kind of mother"bullshit counseling dvd made me lose respect.I loved Justice for all,and ride the lightning.

I lost all respect for Metallica when they fired Jason for no reason. He spoke his mind and James + Lars didn't like it. Their ego couldn't handle that shit.

Kirk is just a hired hand and a little puppet.

Anyway I think Load and Re-Load are their best albums.

Edited by volcano62

some people on here probably think Nu Guns is better than Led, Cream and ACDC all put together :rolleyes:

Better than AC/DC and Cream anyway. I think with the release of CD II, Zepp and Guns will be tied.

To me nothing beats the classics. I am not some fanboy who thinks Nu Guns is the best band of all time but they are better than a lot of shit out there that considers themselves as rock and roll bands.