1993: Axl tells the truth about Metallica

D..

^ Clearly not. Guns could only wish Tommy or Duff had a tenth of that mans talent. Not a slight to them I love them both but Cliff was a beast.

I clearly did. Just because I didn't like it as much as you doesn't mean I didn't watch it.

Edited by packersnroses

some people on here probably think Nu Guns is better than Led, Cream and ACDC all put together :rolleyes:

post-Scott ACDC sucks

LOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Tell that to:

Hell's Bells

Shoot To Thrill

Back in Black

You Shook Me All Night Long

For Those About To Rock

Heatseeker

Thunderstruck

Ballbreaker

Stiff Upper Lip

Rock N Roll Train

and the millions of fans they've earned after Bon died. Brian Johnson and post Bon ACDC ROCKS THE FUCK OUT OF ANYONE. Including 90% of Classic GnR.

some people on here probably think Nu Guns is better than Led, Cream and ACDC all put together :rolleyes:

I've never really been a fan of AC/DC or Cream, and I like Guns more than Led Zeppelin, but I would never make such an ignorant statement like, "Guns is the Led Zeppelin of this generation." How arrogant can you be to think you're the Led Zeppelin of your generation? Go home.

I've never really been a fan of AC/DC or Cream, and I like Guns more than Led Zeppelin, but I would never make such an ignorant statement like, "Guns is the Led Zeppelin of this generation." How arrogant can you be to think you're the Led Zeppelin of your generation? Go home.

I love Guns, my favorite band but they are not Led Zeppelin. Nor is any band. the only band that compares to raw talent of Zeppelin is the beatles. Maybe late 60's stones with taylor and wyman.

John Paul Jones is a top five bass player all time. Not to mention he basically ran the band when Bonzo was out of control and Page was trying to summon demons.

Page is a top five guitar player alltime.

Bonzo is the BEST drummer all time.

Robert Plant is a top ten or fifteen singer.

That is truly an amazing collection of talent. I put their five best albums up against any band top five run, second only to the stones run of Beggars to goats head soup and maybe Dylan and the Beatles. No one else is even close to those four. No one.

Edited by tange

I love Guns, my favorite band but they are not Led Zeppelin. Nor is any band. the only band that compares to raw talent of Zeppelin is the beatles. Maybe late 60's stones with taylor and wyman.

John Paul Jones is a top five bass player all time. Not to mention he basically ran the band when Bonzo was out of control and Page was trying to summon demons.

That is truly an amazing collection of talent. I put their five best albums up against any band top five run, second only to the stones run of Beggars to goats head soup and maybe Dylan and the Beatles. No one else is even close to those four. No one.

Exactly. No one is like Led Zeppelin.

I'm not trying to flame or insult you in any way, but how could Guns be your favorite band if you think those bands are better? Wouldn't that make one of those bands your favorite by default?

post-Scott ACDC sucks

Tell that to:

Hell's Bells

Shoot To Thrill

Back in Black

For Those About To Rock

Heatseeker

Thunderstruck

Ballbreaker

Stiff Upper Lip

Rock N Roll Train

and the millions of fans they've earned after Bon died. Brian Johnson and post Bon ACDC ROCKS THE FUCK OUT OF ANYONE. Including 90% of Classic GnR.

You are half right and half very wrong.

Post Bon is just as good as pre.

But "lol" at saying that they were better than GnR. Songs like thunderstruck are better than jungle and scom and Nov rain and estranged and....no need to go on. Ac/dc is a solid band for a very long time. But only a die-hard fan of theirs would say they blow 90% of GnR songs away.

I'm not trying to flame or insult you in any way, but how could Guns be your favorite band if you think those bands are better? Wouldn't that make one of those bands your favorite by default?

Not in my opinion. I like many bands that are better then Guns by my own criteria, but Gn'R is still my favorite band.

It's not about who's better or best in music. Every band is just a representation of the energy of the people creating the music. It's the feel, vibe, whatever you want to call it that you most relate to as a person. Like I'm sure there are hotter chicks then some dude's girlfriend, but he loves her and won't replace her for any hotter girls cause that particular combination of qualities in her is what he prefers over everyone else.

Edited by Rovim

He's just being reasonable. I like Bruce Dickinson more than the Beatles, but I wouldn't dream of calling him better than the Beatles. There are plenty of "better" band out there, but your favorite will always be the one that speaks to you the most, I guess. You don't gotta be the best to be my favorite.

Releases since 2008:

Guns N' Roses -> Chinese Democracy

Metallica -> Albums: Death Magnetic

E.p's: Six feet down under part 1 & 2, Live at Grimey's

Singles: The day that never comes, My apocalypse, Cyanide, The Judas kiss, All nightmare long, Broken, beat and scarred

Music video's: The day that never comes, All nightmare long, Broken, beat and scarred

Dvd's: Français Pour Une Nuit, Orgullo, Pasión y Gloria: Tres Noches en la Ciudad de México, The Big 4 Live from Sofia, Bulgaria

Wich band is most productive/loyal to his fans and wich band is most unproductive to his fans?

post-Scott ACDC sucks

Tell that to:

Hell's Bells

Shoot To Thrill

Back in Black

For Those About To Rock

Heatseeker

Thunderstruck

Ballbreaker

Stiff Upper Lip

Rock N Roll Train

But "lol" at saying that they were better than GnR. Songs like thunderstruck are better than jungle and scom and Nov rain and estranged and....no need to go on. Ac/dc is a solid band for a very long time. But only a die-hard fan of theirs would say they blow 90% of GnR songs away.

You're right.

GnR, AC/DC, KISS and Motörhead are my 4 favorite bands. I can't choose a praticular order for them. When I said they're 90% better than GnR I assume it was just impulse. I hate it when people bad mouth Brian Johnson and his albums. He's one of the best frontmen in the history of Rock N' Roll. For God's sake, Back in Black sold more than any BEATLES album. It's the second top-selling album of all time, just behind Thriller. In my book, GnR and AC/DC, along with KISS and Motörhead are equal in terms of quality and I could never have said AC/DC is 90% better than even classic GnR when that's not even what I think. I say they're all equal to me in every way.

I do NOT compare bands from different genres. Metallica is thrash metal, GNR is rock. The only thing they have in common is that they both have one of the greatest records in their respective genres. Master Of Puppets and Appetite For Destruction.

Thanks to everyone who gave me heads up on the video but really, sometimes I forget that this a GNR fan forum.

I understand that you can be a fan of several bands, GNR ain't the only band I listen to hopefully, but when a band acts like shit like Metallica did, I don't even see why anyone here would chose to defend them over GNR. It's GNR all the way end of. If not why are you here? Go bash GNR on a random metallica forum.

Same goes for the constant pointless battles about Zeppelin vs GNR vs AC/DC... pointless, all those bands are great, as far as I'm concerned they did no harm to GNR except influence them so it's all good. Let's just all bash those motherfuckers metallica youtubers fans and show em what we got.

Of course what I'm doing here is very childish and I'm very aware of it, but I'm doing this because I want the kids in 50 years from now to know where the good music is. If things keep doing this way, Metallica will be hailed as fucking gods in 50 years when their leader's integrity is just toilet paper. Kids in 50 years must remember true rock stars like Axl Rose and listen to Nightrain over and over and keep the legacy alive. In order to do this, we must give Axl and Guns videos +1 top comments on youtube everytime we see them, we must defend the Kingdom!

MyGNR the movie: coming 2012

I hate it when people bad mouth Brian Johnson and his albums. He's one of the best frontmen in the history of Rock N' Roll. For God's sake, Back in Black sold more than any BEATLES album. It's the second top-selling album of all time, just behind Thriller.

I prefer Brian :shrugs:

And yeah Black In Black is a solid album.

post-Scott ACDC sucks

Tell that to:

Hell's Bells

Shoot To Thrill

Back in Black

For Those About To Rock

Heatseeker

Thunderstruck

Ballbreaker

Stiff Upper Lip

Rock N Roll Train

You're right.

GnR, AC/DC, KISS and Motörhead are my 4 favorite bands. I can't choose a praticular order for them. When I said they're 90% better than GnR I assume it was just impulse. I hate it when people bad mouth Brian Johnson and his albums. He's one of the best frontmen in the history of Rock N' Roll. For God's sake, Back in Black sold more than any BEATLES album. It's the second top-selling album of all time, just behind Thriller. In my book, GnR and AC/DC, along with KISS and Motörhead are equal in terms of quality and I could never have said AC/DC is 90% better than even classic GnR when that's not even what I think. I say they're all equal to me in every way.

I think most of the people that say that aren't really acdc fans, and probably couldn't tell you which singer was singing which song. There are some standard "cool" things to say.....GnR is nothing without slash, van halen was better than van Hagar, and old acdc was better than new.

In terms of success and popularity.....post acdc has achieved much greater.

I just can't understand all the trolling in this thread. Liking/hating a band is a matter of personal opinion, I think we should stop imposing our musical tastes like this. Just because you don't like a band, it doesn't mean they actually suck. Geee...

I just can't understand all the trolling in this thread. Liking/hating a band is a matter of personal opinion, I think we should stop imposing our musical tastes like this. Just because you don't like a band, it doesn't mean they actually suck. Geee...

This is MYGNR, where opinion = fact.

Yup, it's ridiculous like that.

This is MYGNR, where opinion = fact.

Yup, it's ridiculous like that.

Yeah, I guess so.

I do NOT compare bands from different genres. Metallica is thrash metal, GNR is rock. The only thing they have in common is that they both have one of the greatest records in their respective genres. Master Of Puppets and Appetite For Destruction.

I can't into Master of Puppets the album. It has something to do with the recording quality. I prefer the live versions of those songs. ..AND JUSTICE FOR ALL is for me, the greatest Metallica album of all time.