1993: Axl tells the truth about Metallica

D..

so damn long. It's great for the first couple of songs but it gets redundant.

I've read/heard the same for a good portion of UYI and CD. But I don't think the songs are long so much. Just some listeners have a tough time sticking around for that long no matter how good the song might be. That's more their problem than the material's...

Why doesn't gunsguy share "the truth about Montreal" with the rest of us if it is such a big thing?

Its only been 19 years, Axl still has to sort it out with the lawyers. Gotta give the guy some time. <_<

Yeah, Its only been 19 years, it's perfectly normal people still haven gotten over that too... :monkey:

Why doesn't gunsguy share "the truth about Montreal" with the rest of us if it is such a big thing?

Its only been 19 years, Axl still has to sort it out with the lawyers. Gotta give the guy some time. <_<

Yeah, Its only been 19 years, it's perfectly normal people still haven gotten over that too... :monkey:

too soon boys, too soon.

• 2 years later...

The best video is where Hetfield rips on Axl's ridiculous rider demands -

"Horrible truths. The piddly wants and needs of certain folks on the road. Axl 'Pose' dressing room requirements." Sneering, Hetfield read from the list, "absolutely no substitutions. One cup of 'cubed' ham, it's got to be cubed so it can get down his little neck...one rib eye steak dinner, I didn't know the guy ate meat, looks like a fucking vegetarian....pepperoni pizza, fresh - I think that's just for throwing around. One can of assorted Pringles chips, that's the greasy shit so he can grease his hair back." As those onlookers in the Metalica camp shooray for tolerance&#33;ed at Hetfield's obvious distaste, he finished with "honey that makes him SING LIKE THIS!" rising with a squeal and imitating Axl's voice, "one bottle of dom perignon - hey that's where the money's at right there." He then says "its just fucking crap" and throws the list into the air and steps on it when it lands.

:lol: :lol:

Hetfield had a real issue with Alice in Chains once cause Staley's heroin use led them to drop out of a support slot or something for Metallica so he started playing Man In The Box and jabbing his arm. Can't think of many times he's come across as king dick, the whole Mustaine thing with him and Lars was kinda mean but Dave was a whackjob back then lol.

I left this forum half a day, came back, and cannot believe I am reading a thread about two of my favorite bands being put against each other by fans.

Anyways, yeah, old Metallica AND old Guns are always beyond better than the new ones, that's a FACT. But Metallica is doing a great job being a band RIGHT NOW compared to Guns. That is a FACT too that no one can deny.

• Like 1

For me they peaked with '..and Justice for All' and the 'Black' album. 'Garage Inc.' has its moments. There's some great tracks on 'Load'. The last album i picked up of theirs was 'Death Magnetic' which did nothing for me, although the 3D paper CD cover was great :D

Edited by star

I didn't even remember being the OP of this garbage thread (and didn't read past 1st page) but I still think Metallica is overrated garbage (except for a song or two).

That being said, GN'R is a fucking joke as of now. Fuck.

Metallica fans piss me off. Metallica piss me off.

James Hetfield has never been anywhere Axl's charisma on stage. I don't like bands that are here for the money and feel the need to release average albums and tour all the time because they need a new golden hottub.

Metallica is about money. Guns is about music.

That's all I wanted to say, nighty night everyone, and fuck Metallica and the hypocrisy surrounding them.

Yet Metallica gets a thank you in CD's liner notes and Lars played with Axl years later on "Out ta Get Me"

Edited by Chris 55

It's funny to see how my 3 favorite bands, AiC, Tallica and Gn'R managed to bash each other over the years :rofl-lol:

Anyways, I love MetallicA. I really don't care if they're about money or not, I just love their music :thumbsup:

What did AiC say about gn'r or metallica?

Metallica's one of those bands I just assumed I really liked so I had their discography on my ipod, but I recently had to start conserving space so I got rid of a lot of music I just had on there and didn't really like....7, I like 7 Metallica songs.

I would like to know if I'm the only one who does NOT like or enjoy Metallica music at all? They're very professional at what they do, no question about that but I just don't like their music. Zero. :huh:

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Endgame blows Death Magnetic out of the water. Considering how frequently Mustaine releases records it's crazy how competent he is, plus he writes 90% of it all. Sure there's three mediocre 'deth records (Risk, The World Needs A Hero, Super Collider) but for the most part Megadeth ought to have the respect Metallica get. All the thrash acts benefit from Metallica but the distribution of success is disproportionate but that's usually what happens with a genre, look at Nirvana - great band but the other grunge gods had equally strong material. They all get the hell by of course so it don't really matter.

I dunno, Lightning, Master and ...And Justice For All are pretty complex technically compared to GNR, it ain't as layered or ambitious in a variety and texture sense but they're solid records with a lot of innovation and depth. Most GNR songs are fairly simple to play except a couple solos, Metallica is moderately difficult at first but obviously gets simpler with practice. Complexity is a chameleon of a concept though so it all depends how you weigh the term and relate it to different genres and boxes but the tallica have some superlative material, tackled in a more mechanical kinda approach than Guns but rock vs metulz are different breeds of the same land kinda. Even the black album hits both edges like songs such as Jungle/Garden of Eden do.