Nostagia 2.0: What Stage Attire Should Axl Bring Back

gnrfan2007

in all seriousness, I wish all the people telling Axl to shave or wear this or that would shut the fuck up. Its fucking lame and annoying.

I agree...what kinda gnr fan cares what AXl rose wears???? I for one always enjoyed an artist more if they played, sung and acted the way they wanted to. Uniqueness is in short supply all the time.

Everyone always cared. From UYI tour outfits to the complete bashing of 2002 GnR look with buckethead and finck, to crucifying Axl for having Braids, to hating the fuck out of DJ for wearing a top hat, the moustache, everyone always commented on this... Not saying it's right, but people do that...

I didn't hate the 2002 look but I will bet my last dollar that he choose the baggy stuff because if everyone saying he was fat at rio III

I think in 06 he looked much better and was in alot better shape than he was in either 02 or 2010.

I too think the mustache would be a good start if he got rid of it or grew a goaty like in 06 but I really don't care it's his face!!!

As long as he is in shape it really don't matter to me.

You could tell in the 09-10 shows he was out of shape, not what I would call fat but just out of shape. He pretty much stayed center stage 80% or more of the time

I didn't hate the 2002 look but I will bet my last dollar that he choose the baggy stuff because if everyone saying he was fat at rio III

I think in 06 he looked much better and was in alot better shape than he was in either 02 or 2010.

I too think the mustache would be a good start if he got rid of it or grew a goaty like in 06 but I really don't care it's his face!!!

You could tell in the 09-10 shows he was out of shape, not what I would call fat but just out of shape. He pretty much stayed center stage 80% or more of the time

Axl was really really thin in 2002. Actually, since Vegas shows he was in great shape.

In 2009/2010 i agree that he was out of shape, but he was almost there in the Australian 2010 tour (december/2010).

Check out this video of sorry and this one from sidney airport:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajrwbCbXWmE

Axl was really really thin in 2002. Actually, since Vegas shows he was in great shape.

In 2009/2010 i agree that he was out of shape, but he was almost there in the Australian 2010 tour (december/2010).

Check out this video of sorry and this one from sidney airport:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajrwbCbXWmE

do you mean SYDNEY. I went to that show and it was amazing.

On topic: the 2006 look was cool, but not the braids.

And what girl on here doesn't want the bike shorts brought back !!!

Edited by kittengirl

Retire the bandanna and bring back the kilt, baseball catcher, and Elton John jacket.

Yeah, I loved the UYI wardrobe. And hair, actually.

Yes, Axl can do whatever he wants, but I'd like to see those brought back. Just wishful thinking. Nobody's ordering him around (at least, not in this particular thread).

It's called: having a sense of humor!

Plus, I'm sure there are homos, girls, and straight guys in here who have a man-crush on Axl.

Don't take things so seriously! LOL

I'm not sure axl dressed in all the nostaLgia from every band that I ever heard a symbol crash from would give me one of those.

sorry.

I am confused. please let me know if I have strayed into the homosexual axl fetish forum.

Can the 2001/2002 era completley..try to either forgive him or forget that he did that....as well as letting BH do his solo act in the middle of a GNR show and Robins ghost makeup and cat in the hat sox...chalk it up to really really really bad drugs!

I liked the club era/AFD/Lies Axl look because thats what put him over the top. While the rest of that eras bands were pretty boys in spandex Axls was snakeskin boots and leathers. simplyt wouldnt work in this era..be as embarassing as the VMA hip hopper look.

i also dug the red jacket he wore in November Rain. Oddly enough the 2006 era worked as well.

Guest siliconmessiah

Weirdly maybe, I don´t like Axl to "dress up" anything like in the old days. I think the 2002-2011 has been great when it comes to styles. He has been wearing quite modern clothing for the year being, and that´s good for me.

Rebel jackets, kilts and stuff like that, is things for the past in my opinion. Bring on the new.

I didnt like the braids, prefer his hair the way it is now. But he was a little out of shape in the last tour. If you could combine the 2010 look with how in shape he was in 2006, he'd be back to his best

axl_rose_reading_festival.jpg?width=175

By the way - lose the fedora and moustache - he reminds me of Tex Hex from the 80s cartoon Bravestar haha

TexHex.jpg

Edited by LA_0013

Weirdly maybe, I don´t like Axl to "dress up" anything like in the old days. I think the 2002-2011 has been great when it comes to styles. He has been wearing quite modern clothing for the year being, and that´s good for me.

Rebel jackets, kilts and stuff like that, is things for the past in my opinion. Bring on the new.

+1 :thumbsup: