How Good of a RAPPER do you think Axl can be?

gnrfan2007

If Axl grew up in today's culture, I think he would have been what EMINEM is today.

We've seen Axl spit rap rhymes in the past.

He's incorporated hip-hop and dance beats and sounds on CD.

Axl's ability to sing lyrics very fast is why I think Axl could be one of the best WHITE rappers out there if he wanted to switch full gear into hip-hop.

Axl could certainly be better than Anthony Kiedis (Red Hot Chili Peppers) if he did incorporate a more rock-rap style.

Do you think Axl will bring back his rap game in this new tour?

Do you think he will RAP on any new albums?

How good do you think Axl could be? As good as EMINEM maybe?

Or, what about these two other bands:

1. The Beasties Boys

2. Rage against the Machine

You think Axl could out-rap these bands?

Edited by gnrfan2007

Had he put his first album out in 1995 instead of 1985, he prob. would've incorporated hip hop into whatever band he would've been in.

I don't think the Beasties considered themselves real rappers until Rick Rubin and Russell Simmons trained them. They admitted they never went to the Bronx because they would've gotten their asses kicked. Rollins and Ian MacKaye said they went to see go-go shows at DC in the early 80s and they were skinheads at the time, but the black community just thought they were crazy white boys and left them alone.

OK, maybe this is a better statement: EMINEM is the most successful selling WHITE RAPPER

Age is not a factor for rapping or singing. Age is a factor for the topics of your lyrics.

Obviously, if Axl rapped about BIG BOOTY and GANGSTA LIFE, that would be stupid.

Hip-hop is not limited to just the club and street scene.

I mean, the Paradise City verses could be considered *rap* as well.

No way lol. Eminem is not only the best white rapper, he's top 3 all time amongst ALL rappers.

Better than Rakim? Nope. Better than KRS One? Nope. Better than 2Pac? Nope. Better than Ice Cube? Nope. Better than Eightball? Nope. Better than Big L? Nope.....

laughable statement.

Edited by SunnyDRE

^^WTF are you talking about. how much rap do you listen to, anyhow. if you think that's good, then clearly you know nothing about rap. it's not old school, it's just really, really bad rapping.

That's a fucking awesomely performed song and you're a lost gnr soul if you're not moved by the funk rock leanings evident in the clip I posted.

And it is old school, actually. I can find 100's of authentic rappers of the time delivering songs in the same manner. So now what? Whoops.

No way lol. Eminem is not only the best white rapper, he's top 3 all time amongst ALL rappers.

Better than Rakim? Nope. Better than KRS One? Nope. Better than 2Pac? Nope. Better than Ice Cube? Nope. Better than Eightball? Nope. Better than Big L? Nope.....

laughable statement.

Skill wise, he's the GOAT. When he did Forever, he made the biggest rapper of today (Lil Wayne) look like an idiot. He's without a doubt the greatest skill wise. I put 2Pac above him though because 2Pac was an activist and a leader for an entire people. His work was just much more important. But as far as lyrical ability, word play, flow...intelligent writing? No one has ever come close.

And GTFO with Ice Cube lol. His raps are beyond simplistic.

laughable statement.

Skill wise, he's the GOAT. When he did Forever, he made the biggest rapper of today (Lil Wayne) look like an idiot. He's without a doubt the greatest skill wise. I put 2Pac above him though because 2Pac was an activist and a leader for an entire people. His work was just much more important. But as far as lyrical ability, word play, flow...intelligent writing? No one has ever come close.

You know nothing about about rap. My guess is Eminem is your link to the genre.

It isn't a black and white thing.........did you know Ice Cube wrote Straight Outta Compton, nothing Shady has done touches that. Did you know Ice Cube and Warren G wrote Dr Dre's The Chronic? As for story telling and word play, heck almost everyone agrees Slick Rick and Nas are the kings......hell maybe even Too Short.

EDIT: I just re-read your post GTFO of here with 2Pac being a leader for black people. Great musician, but he was no leader....stupid ass stereotypical shit *jesus*

Edited by SunnyDRE

laughable statement.

You know nothing about about rap. My guess is Eminem is your link to the genre.

It isn't a black and white thing.........did you know Ice Cube wrote Straight Outta Compton, nothing Shady has done touches that. Did you know Ice Cube and Warren G wrote Dr Dre's The Chronic? As for story telling and word play, heck almost everyone agrees Slick Rick and Nas are the kings......hell maybe even Too Short.

EDIT: I just re-read your post GTFO of here with 2Pac being a leader for black people. Great musician, but he was no leader....stupid ass stereotypical shit *jesus*

Straight Outta Compton? If that was released today, people would laugh at it. It's simplistic. Run DMCish simplistic. That's where you're failing here. You don't seem understand the technical side of rap. Eminem raps so fast and stacks 3-4 rhyming syllables together...ala Pac. He's like a fucking savant with words to the point where everyone else (see Forever video) looks adolescent in comparison.

And 2Pac WAS the voice of a generation of black people. Everyone else is rapping about money,cars,bitches and weed....he's rapping about the roles of urban women and how they should be respected.

If Axl grew up in today's culture, I think he would have been what EMINEM is today.

Axl's ability to sing lyrics very fast is why I think Axl could be one of the best WHITE rappers out there if he wanted to switch full gear into hip-hop.

Axl could certainly be better than Anthony Kiedis (Red Hot Chili Peppers) if he did incorporate a more rock-rap style.

1. The Beasties Boys

The more appropriate question is when will Axl quit dicking around and get back to writing some real fucking music and stop experimenting with shit like hip hop, industrial and flavor of the month music? ...Some body should have kicked Axl in the balls for that Mix Master Mike snore fest in 2002. Nice experiment but epic fail. Leave Red hot chili peppers to what Red Hot Chili peppers do and let Eminema do his thing...

YA know Axl could probably outsing some country western dude too but that shit aint remotely authentic and dont make it cool at a GNR show...Axl sings George Strait songs at Rock In Rio!!!! Do you think GNR will have a country hoedown song on the new Album??? OHH by why not a fiddle and a banjo too!! What about some fucking opera??Axl does Pavoratti with a full orchestra and a tuba and promises to put out a most "beloved christmas carols album as well !! If he did it would be just about as cool as seeing him emulating Emenema! Why not go for the deepthroat and choke on some screamo- emo while hes crashing the car too?

1. The Beasties Boys

The more appropriate question is when will Axl quit dicking around and get back to writing some real fucking music and stop experimenting with shit like hip hop, industrial and flavor of the month music? ...Some body should have kicked Axl in the balls for that Mix Master Mike snore fest in 2002. Nice experiment but epic fail. Leave Red hot chili peppers to what Red Hot Chili peppers do and let Eminema do his thing...

YA know Axl could probably outsing some country western dude too but that shit aint remotely authentic and dont make it cool at a GNR show...Axl sings George Strait songs at Rock In Rio!!!! Do you think GNR will have a country hoedown song on the new Album??? OHH by why not a fiddle and a banjo too!! What about some fucking opera??Axl does Pavoratti with a full orchestra and a tuba and promises to put out a most "beloved christmas carols album as well !! If he did it would be just about as cool as seeing him emulating Emenema! Why not go for the deepthroat and choke on some screamo- emo while hes crashing the car too?

dear god, LOL