ITW 2012

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron's Shackler's Solo is awesome!

I just don't dig Elephant noises.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M7bcz9M5Yg&feature=related

Anyway, let's get back on topic. I just think it's a complete waste of time and money for Axl to rerecord CD II with the current lineup.

Doesn't sound like an Elephant to me.

I think most people prefer Brian May's just because it's Brian fucking May. Money isn't even the issue here. Axl can spend how much he wants to get what he wants.

I recall you saying Buckethead's guitar sounds like Elephants too.

Edited by BirdCatcher

I also think that Ron and Frank are a noticeable downgrade in playing from Bucket and Brain.

And many people think that Bucket and Brain are a noticeable downgrade from the old school lineup but that doesn't mean Axl should record all the new material with the old lineup. I have no problem with the old CD material being released, but then it shouldn't be advertised as a new Guns N' Roses record. Save the 'new' sticker for material that was recently recorded with the recent lineup and is released within that time frame. That is organic

I just feel that they should act like a band, release music as a band, and record as a band. Not release music with a revolving door of muscians. Finck left almost 4 years ago. Buckets been gone for almost 8. Time to move on.

See Bobbo? On rare occasions we can agree on something. I agree with you 100%

I just feel that they should act like a band, release music as a band, and record as a band. Not release music with a revolving door of muscians. Finck left almost 4 years ago. Buckets been gone for almost 8. Time to move on.

See Bobbo? On rare occasions we can agree on something. I agree with you 100%

Haha very nice. I just feel like the current bands got plenty of talent, and seemingly put on a great performance. They seem stable for the time being. I feel that axl should just start fresh (from a recording standpoint) with these guys and record.

I really think that if they play anywhere near you this tour, you should go. Youtube is cool and everything but it's nothing like being there. I know you would have a blast.

They should start workin' on a new album from scratch with this band, and while we wait, just release CDII as it is, I see no problem in that!

How about releasing CD2 ala NIN's The Slip? Just digitally release the entire shit and all art work directly to us, the hardcore fan base. That would be awesome. It would kill two birds with one stone because it would quickly and easily get the rest of CD out there and also allow for the beginning of a new album with the new band.

Randy have you thought that the current guys dont want to play over the cd II material. Ron has already expressed his intention of wanting to write new songs (even though they haven't been together in the studio in the past 5 years to do so) rather than play on old chinese left overs.

but I rather Ron and Frank add their parts then Dj,

I just think Dj couldn't possibly add anything better then what Bucket and even Ron could add already.

I honestly don't think Axl will ever write new songs with the current lineup, or at all. He's just about 50. I don't really see him putting in ten years and recording a new album that he can't release on his own terms.

Edited by ITW 2012

I honestly don't think Axl will ever write new songs with the current lineup, or at all. He's just about 50. I don't really see him putting in ten years and recording a new album that he can't release on his own terms.

What the fuck does his age have to do with it? You clearly don't know this man. He'll continue as long as he can.

^ It sounds like you do know him.

Of course it's more organic to release music where the guys who wrote it are also the guys playing it. If the song is ten years old and ten years ago BH and Finck came up with the material and laid it down, that's what I want to hear. To have another artist cover it and change it kind of ruins it. So that would be the most organic and preferable thing to me, but of course there is nothing really organic about the way this band records music. Far as I can tell the musicians do their thing and send parts to Axl, who then pieces them together and adds vocals. And the songs are pretty damn good regardless, but then comes the layering and effects that sap the music of it's rawness and spontaneity.

There's a solution of course....would love to get a stripped down version of Chi Dem, without all the unnecessary frills. And for CD2, why not release the album with the new guys, and then on gnr.com offer a download of the original mixes? In this day and age it's so easy to do.

Is there the urgency to get this done quickly though? I don't see it, and ultimately that's what fans have to contend with and why the topic of this thread is even relevant to begin with. Most bands would have made a decision long ago and already released the music. It's actually almost 3 years now since Chi Dem came out. That's getting to be a pretty long stretch between albums when looking at the track record of most active bands. Time flies.

If the CD era material is released with no or just minor overdubs I would say call it "Chinese Democracy - From the Vault" or something. Cause when you have songs that were recorded before Chinese Democracy was even released I can't see calling it a "new" album rather just a collection of previously unreleased songs. Not that they can't use any old solos or parts at all, but in my opinion I would rather have the band release an album of recent fresh studio takes.

If the CD era material is released with no or just minor overdubs I would say call it "Chinese Democracy - From the Vault" or something. Cause when you have songs that were recorded before Chinese Democracy was even released I can't see calling it a "new" album rather just a collection of previously unreleased songs. Not that they can't use any old solos or parts at all, but in my opinion I would rather have the band release an album of recent fresh studio takes.

Yeah, in an ideal world a new album would be written and recorded by this current line-up starting fresh. But if they wanted to release a stop-gap album with the old material, then I don't see the point in getting guys to rerecord parts that are already laid down, just release it as is and carry on with the tour. They could call it "The Chinese Democracy Sessions" or something

but he also mentioned that it had been "handed in" which to me says it's complete, tinkering with it or adding some new parts with DJ seems redundant to me, but Axl's the one in charge and he does as he sees fit. Nothing wrong with that it's just frustrating having to wait when we know that there is all this material supposedly lying around