Axl Rose, you are GNR!

ITW 2012

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron and DJ need to be given a chance.

No they don't. Go listen to their other projects.

I have and I think Ron is way better than Bucket.

I honestly have no idea how anybody can say that, in what way is Ron a better guitar player than Buckethead? The creativity just isn't there, he does a lot of chromatic wankery that sounds kind of cool... but it hardly compliments the music the same way Buckethead's solos do, which (especially for Guns N' Roses) is A LOT more effective imo.

Ron's solos sucked on Catcher in The Rye and Shackler's Revenge. We should have had a Bucket solo and a Brian May solo on those two respective songs. I just don't see the point in watering down the music in order to keep these guys happy. If they don't like just being touring guitarists than Axl should replace them.

They were probably way better than what Bucket had since Ron improves on most of his other solos live.

cupcake alert!

Ron and DJ need to be given a chance.

No they don't. Go listen to their other projects.

I have and I think Ron is way better than Bucket.

I honestly have no idea how anybody can say that, in what way is Ron a better guitar player than Buckethead? The creativity just isn't there, he does a lot of chromatic wankery that sounds kind of cool... but it hardly compliments the music the same way Buckethead's solos do, which (especially for Guns N' Roses) is A LOT more effective imo.

I can say that judging by how he improves on Bucket's solos live. I personally do not like any of what Bucket did on his own anywhere near as much as the stuff he did on CD. Not to start a flame war, but the same with Slash. The only conclusion I can come to to make any sense of that is that they don't have Axl's influence outside of Gn'R. I'm expecting magic when Ron and Axl write something together.

Ron's solos sucked on Catcher in The Rye and Shackler's Revenge. We should have had a Bucket solo and a Brian May solo on those two respective songs. I just don't see the point in watering down the music in order to keep these guys happy. If they don't like just being touring guitarists than Axl should replace them.

They were probably way better than what Bucket had since Ron improves on most of his other solos live.

cupcake alert!

Oh ya got me. My honest opinion is for trolling. Damn you're clever. :shrugs: