Tips to sing like axl rose (serious answers )

kevin96

That's right. First of all, are you a tenor or a baritone, perhaps a bass?

Axl seems to be a low tenor/high baritone, as he seems capable to reach both high and low notes.

There's a lot of exercises you could try in order to achieve a wide vocal range

No way. He's either a low baritone or a bass.

If he was a low tenor, his talking voice would sound more like Dio or Bruce Dickinson or Elton John. If he was a high baritone, his talking voice would sound more like Ian Gillan.

That just means Axl's vocal range his huge. In TWAT alone, he spans four octaves. That's more octaves than people like Rob Halford and Bruce Dickinson have spanned in their entire lives.

Axl seems to be a low tenor/high baritone, as he seems capable to reach both high and low notes.

If he was a low tenor, his talking voice would sound more like Dio or Bruce Dickinson or Elton John. If he was a high baritone, his talking voice would sound more like Ian Gillan.

That just means Axl's vocal range his huge. In TWAT alone, he spans four octaves. That's more octaves than people like Rob Halford and Bruce Dickinson have spanned in their entire lives.

Axl's is definetely not a bass (Johnny Cash) and sure is not a a low baritone (Phil Anselmo/ Eddie Vedder). His voice is way too smooth and lacks that strident/heavy ("bari" means "heavy") tone from lower vocal registers. (this has nothing to do with him being able to use a raspy voice to sing, raspy and strident are not the same thing).

My voice is lower than Axl's and I'm a mid-to-low baritone.

Axl's is definetely not a bass (Johnny Cash) and sure is not a a low baritone (Phil Anselmo/ Eddie Vedder). His voice is way too smooth and lacks that strident/heavy ("bari" means "heavy") tone from lower vocal registers. (this has nothing to do with him being able to use a raspy voice to sing, raspy and strident are not the same thing).

My voice is lower than Axl's and I'm a mid-to-low baritone.

But his voice IS like Phil's (I haven't heard Eddie speak very much, so I can't judge there).

• 2 weeks later...