Can Somebody explain Axl's answer to me

axl_on_drums

3 years later (has it been that long?) I still don't fully understand

Me: Does the new band, FEEL like GNR?

If that makes sense.

Axl: On the what's the difference... I think I get what you're asking... I feel it depends on how and in what ways either the formers members are using the association and what the true circumstances regarding why they moved on from both the band and the name that would or could affect the decision to continue on with the name by in this case this lineup and or myself.

:confused:

i think he's saying that the former members have portrayed the AFD lineup as the "real" GNR - which is a different thing than GNR really is. And so, whether or not the band feels like GNR depends on what you think GNR is.

Edited by nambis

I feel it depends on how and in what ways either the formers members are using the association(that they had with guns) and what the true circumstances regarding why they moved on from(quit) both the band and the name that would or could affect the decision to continue on with the name by... this lineup and or myself.

Maybe that helped?

i think he's saying that the former members have portrayed the AFD lineup as the "real" GNR - which is a different thing than GNR really is. And so, whether or not the band feels like GNR depends on what you think GNR is.

That's actually a pretty good explanation, just a watered down version

I feel it depends on how and in what ways either the formers members are using the association(that they had with guns) and what the true circumstances regarding why they moved on from(quit) both the band and the name that would or could affect the decision to continue on with the name by... this lineup and or myself.

Maybe that helped?

Still loses me towards the end of the second line..

To be honest I think Axl was high in his oxygen tank when he wrote this because it makes little to no sense..

Or maybe he's just on a completely different level to us, the guy writes like Austin Osman Spare

I feel it depends on how the formers members are using the association and why they quit the band that could affect the decision to continue on with the name in this lineup and or myself.

I completely butchered it, but I think it pretty much means the same as Axl's. I give up if this doesn't help.

Edited by packersnroses

here's my take on the anwser to the question: Does the new band, FEEL like GNR?

Which is quite a simple question. Put simply, Does the new band / the hired hands feel like the same band feat. Slash, Duff, Izzy, Adler ?

On the what's the difference... - the difference between Slash, Duff, Izzy, Adler compared to the hired hands.

I think I get what you're asking... - Axl will attempt to answer based on what he believes is the question.

I feel it depends on how and in what ways either the formers members are using the association and what the true circumstances regarding why they moved on from both the band and the name that would or could affect the decision to continue on with the name by in this case this lineup and or myself.

Axl does not anwser the question. He focuses more on why former bandmembers quit, and not on: does the new band feel like GN'R.

This might also go some way to explaining why Axl and managers don't get along, and why things in the world of GN'R move so slowly :D

Edited by star

It's obvious Axl had a predetermined answer to a question that he thought he'd get asked or perhaps was asked prior, and h chose this question to say his answer to.

It's the methods politicians use whn answering questions, they have preplanned answers and say them to questions that are in no way related

I think he's saying that because they fucked him over by leaving it's still feels like GNR to cos there's nothing to miss. If they had left on good terms he may have felt like it wasn't the same without his buddies.

I mean he claimed that Slash was out before the illusions. they were on bad terms. same with Adler or Izzy. so when they leave it's not like oh no, it's more like good riddance. Does it feel the same? Sure, only better.

maybe I'm way off

He has always been known as the guy to "tell it like it is" not the guy who tries to over-complicate simple thoughts with vague and redundant word choices, I don't know what prompted the change in his way of getting his point across

Yeah. It's all "lawyer talk" now.

Nah. I'm guessing his train of though isn't as linear as most of the population, i.e., the Slash B&W vs. rainbow thinking comment. This is not a bad thing folks...

We're just talking about axls most recent interview. That's what fans do.

Breaking down his sentences, comparing Axl to religious fundamentalists, calling his statements retarded, calling him paranoid, delusional minded and a bold faced bullshitter.

Yeah, I guess that's what "fans" do.... :rolleyes:

You're just as one-sided in your train of thought as you accuse Axl of being...

Nah, I don't think so. If you look at the situation objectively like the general public has than everything's pretty obvious. I think even though I'm hard on the guy I'm still much more of an Axl apologist than most.

Who's to judge what objectivity is in this case? All we got are different versions from different people's perspective. What are we going by then? Slash? Isn't that biased?

As I said before, none of us were present to observe the situation first hand.

Hypothetically, Slash could've been a mean manipulative asshole to Axl whenever he wasn't in the media (Personally I don't think he was). How would any of us know? If that really was the case though, wouldn't the "objective" opinion of this situation be dead wrong?

Word against word, that's all we have and will ever have I think. Usually when you have two distinct egocentrical standpoints, the most logical truth to situations like this lies somewhere in the middle. We're talking about human relations here, and we don't know exactly how the relationship was between Axl and Slash, 99% of it was probably personal and only 1% known to the public.

I think he's saying that GnR was always an evolving thing and the old members left because they didn't fit with GnR and where it was going.

In other words, the current lineup feels like GnR, whereas the older lineup wouldn't feel like GnR at this point.

I think he's saying that GnR was always an evolving thing and the old members left because they didn't fit with GnR and where it was going.

In other words, the current lineup feels like GnR, whereas the older lineup wouldn't feel like GnR at this point.

..which is kinda dumb-ass, as everyone one knows that there was only ever one GN'R, and the current Axl + Hired hands is simply an attempt to cover the music live for the sake of the fans and Axl's ego.

..which is kinda dumb-ass, as everyone one knows that there was only ever one GN'R, and the current Axl + Hired hands is simply an attempt to cover the music live for the sake of the fans and Axl's ego.

gnr_Latin%20America%20Tour%202011.jpg

What does it say on the top there? It doesn't look like "Axl + Hired hands". It looks like there's a Guns N' Roses up there to me.

While we're at it, what did it say on Chinese Democracy?

m.jpg

Nope, no "Axl + Hired hands" there either.