Buckethead Rules!!!

BucketShred

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's buckets best solo album?? Sorry for the daft question but havint really listened much of his solo stuff. Cheers

Try Enter The Chicken, Electric Tears, Crime Slunk Scene.

Songs like King James, Nottingam Lace, Padmasana, Soothsayer and Lotus Island are masterpieces.

I meant amazing as in chemistry on stage. Not amazing as in talented.

Oh. In that case, I still don't think the chemistry of this line up on stage is amazing. It's great, no doubt and I don't mean to take away from the awesomeness on stage, but when I think of the amazing chemistry of Gn'R this is not even the second best line up - chemistry wise. Just my opinion.

The old line up had amazing chemistry.

Bucket and Brain had it in the 2002 line up

It's just not that easy to have.

Your wrong opinion. But still an opinion.

..of the 20+ Buckethead albums I own, the best are:

(in no order)

Giant Robot

Enter The Chicken

Peppers Ghost

Monsters and Robots

Colma

..all the other albums have their moments, but all too few..

Since the last Buckethead album I picked up, he has released about another 5. Until you buy them, you don't know what your getting

Edited by star

Oh. In that case, I still don't think the chemistry of this line up on stage is amazing. It's great, no doubt and I don't mean to take away from the awesomeness on stage, but when I think of the amazing chemistry of Gn'R this is not even the second best line up - chemistry wise. Just my opinion.

Assholes and armpits,everyone has them.

:rolleyes: So defensive. Even though I said I think this line up is great, awesome onstage, and got potential - the minute someone mentions that it's not the best thing in the world he's 'wrong' and reminded that it's nothing special that he's got an opinion.

Do I have to agree with everyone here to prove I love this band?

At least I've explained why I think what I think and didn't give a short reply that didn't contribute anything to the discussion.

:rolleyes: So defensive. Even though I said I think this line up is great, awesome onstage, and got potential - the minute someone mentions that it's not the best thing in the world he's 'wrong' and reminded that it's nothing special that he's got an opinion.

Do I have to agree with everyone here to prove I love this band?

At least I've explained why I think what I think and didn't give a short reply that didn't contribute anything to the discussion.

Some long drawn out replys could easily be compressed into two words.I was simply responding to ITW.

Just thought i'd throw this in randomly but Buckethead is, IN MY OPINION, the greatest guitarist in the history of the band. Absolutely unparalleled. Axl appears to think this, too!

Buckethead - Bumblefoot - Richard Fortus; now that would be some aural attack. I liked Robin Finck's look in early 2000's and he did some seriously good shit on ChiDem (ProTools???). Such a pity he could never back it up live

No need to insult Robin to make your point about Bucket. Bucket is a great guitar player and no one can deny that.

I saw him with GN'R in 2002 and solo for the first time a few weeks back. I may be seeing him again in Orlando next Tuesday as well.

My comment about Robin wasn't intended as an insult. I genuinely liked his work on ChiDem, particularly the riff under Buckethead's Better solo (or at least I assume that's Robin) and the solo on This I Love I can listen to over and over again. I merely questioned that given how his live performances could only be described as somewhat erratic then perhaps his studio performances were possibly enhanced with studio trickery. Just a thought. If i'm wrong then fair play to the man!

A lot of people do deny that Buckethead's a great player. A lot of people also deny that Slash is a great player. It seems to have a lot to do with who they are and their perceived place in the bands history rather than their musical abilities. Personally, I think they're both great guitarists. Still, to each their own.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the show next week. If only Buckethead would cross the North Atlantic Ocean occasionally!!!!

Buckethead - Bumblefoot - Richard Fortus; now that would be some aural attack.

that would be unecessary overkill. If you have BH, you don't need BBF and viceversa. Guns just does not need that much shred, maybe that's why first Robin, and then DJ got such a large bulk of the solos.

Fair point, but anyone who's ever heard Population Override would surely agree that Buckethead could quite easily play the laid-back, bluesy role when required. Shredding is just one of his many talents.

Just thought i'd throw this in randomly but Buckethead is, IN MY OPINION, the greatest guitarist in the history of the band. Absolutely unparalleled. Axl appears to think this, too!

Buckethead - Bumblefoot - Richard Fortus; now that would be some aural attack. I liked Robin Finck's look in early 2000's and he did some seriously good shit on ChiDem (ProTools???). Such a pity he could never back it up live

No need to insult Robin to make your point about Bucket. Bucket is a great guitar player and no one can deny that.

I saw him with GN'R in 2002 and solo for the first time a few weeks back. I may be seeing him again in Orlando next Tuesday as well.

My comment about Robin wasn't intended as an insult. I genuinely liked his work on ChiDem, particularly the riff under Buckethead's Better solo (or at least I assume that's Robin) and the solo on This I Love I can listen to over and over again. I merely questioned that given how his live performances could only be described as somewhat erratic then perhaps his studio performances were possibly enhanced with studio trickery. Just a thought. If i'm wrong then fair play to the man!

A lot of people do deny that Buckethead's a great player. A lot of people also deny that Slash is a great player. It seems to have a lot to do with who they are and their perceived place in the bands history rather than their musical abilities. Personally, I think they're both great guitarists. Still, to each their own.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the show next week. If only Buckethead would cross the North Atlantic Ocean occasionally!!!!

I can dig that. Sorry if I came off snotty, I didn't mean too. I just got so sick of 01-Now when the new guitarists showed up and it seemed no one could just say "I prefer Slash" without insulting whomever was current or whoever happened to like them. Didn't mean to lump you in with that, but hopefully you can see how I might've thought that.

For me, I've liked pretty much every guitarist ever to be in the band with Robin being my personal favorite and DJ being my absolute least. I have certain things I don't like about Bucket but how anyone can say he's not a brilliant guitarist is just beyond me.

Fair point, but anyone who's ever heard Population Override would surely agree that Buckethead could quite easily play the laid-back, bluesy role when required.

He can lay back and play something chill when necessary, if given the chance, maybe he could have been the sole lead guitarist. I don't really know why he wasn't.

Fair point, but anyone who's ever heard Population Override would surely agree that Buckethead could quite easily play the laid-back, bluesy role when required.

He can lay back and play something chill when necessary, if given the chance, maybe he could have been the sole lead guitarist. I don't really know why he wasn't.

This was Axl's plan. Buckethead was the sole lead guitarist for the band leading up to Rock in Rio, then Robin decided he wanted back in just before the show. Robin was allowed back in because of a contractual loop-hole. Buckethead was not impressed, and I don't blame him.

If Robin never returned to the fold we'd probably have Buckethead on lead guitar to this day.

Edited by ashysdad

I don't understand why he stuck around long as he did, not a dig at him or Axl, it's just he seems to be such a loner and likes releasing music VERY quickly. Him and Axl seemingly saw something in eachother they just couldn't come to a middle ground.... :(

That situation sounds a lot like Axl and this other guy from the past...

Don't think so,different scenarios.I think since Bucket's contributions were present on CD that the parting of the ways wasn't nearly as bitter.

Scenario 1

Singer + Guitar Player respect eachother, very different personalities, both talented, but could not keep together long enough to write and release the next full GNR album together largely due to Axl's behaviour and the Guitarists desire to release more music and eventually to play with other people. The guitar player stuck around longer than they probably should have as well. This guitarist recorded a number of songs for GNR that never ended up having Axl record vocals on them despite saying how much interest he had in them. The Singer and Guitar player clearly had different ideas on how to make and release music eventually leading to their falling out. The guitar player quit.

Scenario 2

Singer + Guitar Player respect eachother, very different personalities, both talented, but could not keep together long enough to write and release the next full GNR album together largely due to Axl's behaviour and the Guitarists desire to release more music and eventually to play with other people. The guitar player stuck around longer than they probably should have as well. This guitarist recorded a number of songs for GNR that never ended up having Axl record vocals on them despite saying how much interest he had in them. The Singer and Guitar player clearly had different ideas on how to make and release music eventually leading to their falling out. The guitar player quit.

Which guitar player am I talking about for each of these? What part of these statements is incorrect for either ex-gunner? Of course the situations are different but there's certainly parallels. That's all I was saying.

You can make up as many ficticious situations as you want,it doesn't make either situation the truth.It's just your imaginative speculation and guesswork at play. :lol:

Scenario 1

Scenario 2

Which guitar player am I talking about for each of these? What part of these statements is incorrect for either ex-gunner? Of course the situations are different but there's certainly parallels. That's all I was saying.

They only problem with your scenario, is since Bucket never talks we don't know what his reasons for leaving where, or how he felt about Axl and the recording process. I think BH was just there for the check and publicity. Nothing wrong with that..

So basically you couldn't find anything in those scenarios that don't apply to Bucket and Slash?

What did I make up that's not what really happened?

Bolded what undeniable fact. Everything else may or may not be true for either of them.

I don't understand why he stuck around long as he did, not a dig at him or Axl, it's just he seems to be such a loner and likes releasing music VERY quickly. Him and Axl seemingly saw something in eachother they just couldn't come to a middle ground.... :(

That situation sounds a lot like Axl and this other guy from the past...

I'm not knocking Buckethead in anyway when I say: By joining Axl, Buckethead got the one thing he wanted, A RECORD DEAL!

Duff once said, the people Axl was now working with were there to boost their own careers.

Joining Axl sure helped Buckethead to promote himself.

i agree the "afraid of girls "thing is lame,non gnr like.

You took him seriously when he said that?

Here's a pic of mrs Buckethead: http://people.tribe.net/bigd/photos/e1f147ed-a1c9-4c8a-a358-4392a51783bd

Also, music is an aural art last time I checked. Who really gives a fuck what the band looks like? It has absolutely no bearing on what the album(s) sound like.

Edited by ashysdad