Do you think Nu Guns will eventually become a band that can stand on their own?

Bobbo

Just basic shit. Nothing that really gives anything away. Unless there's a surprise at Rio, we know the set list is gonna contain the songs they've played at rehearsal already. Tommy blaming the record company for the delay of Chinese Democracy isn't something that I would think upset Axl too much. It's really never anything too specific, and not really anything past what we already know. It always seems like they have to get the "go ahead" from Axl before they give anything too juicy away. Things the fans are really interested in knowing.

Didn't Dj reveal over a year ago that the intention was to tour the US. The original plan was February, but for some reason it didn't happen, obviously. He still reassured people after that.

As for giving anything "juicy" away.. Did you mean new releases? If so, that would go into the business aspect, and I also believe it's all up to Axl when it comes to this. If nothing is finalized in that department, wouldn't it be wrong of the band members to go out giving a approximate guess of release date if they honestly didn't know?

Dj has said the writing process is rolling. Did we know that at the time he came out and said it?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just basic shit. Nothing that really gives anything away. Unless there's a surprise at Rio, we know the set list is gonna contain the songs they've played at rehearsal already. Tommy blaming the record company for the delay of Chinese Democracy isn't something that I would think upset Axl too much. It's really never anything too specific, and not really anything past what we already know. It always seems like they have to get the "go ahead" from Axl before they give anything too juicy away. Things the fans are really interested in knowing.

Didn't Dj reveal over a year ago that the intention was to tour the US. The original plan was February, but for some reason it didn't happen, obviously. He still reassured people after that.

As for giving anything "juicy" away.. Did you mean new releases? If so, that would go into the business aspect, and I also believe it's all up to Axl when it comes to this. If nothing is finalized in that department, wouldn't it be wrong of the band members to go out giving a approximate guess of release date if they honestly didn't know?

Dj has said the writing process is rolling. Did we know that at the time he came out and said it?

We knew the band had intentions to eventually tour the US, once they started touring in 2009. That's not anything too juicy. And I'm sure Axl must've given him permission before he gave it away.

I didn't necessarily mean JUST new releases, but where the band stands past the tour. What are the plans? Are there any? Is Axl serious about working with the band on new music and getting it out there? The writing process may have started, but where is it going? How far along is it? What's been going on with the band between the current tour and the last one? It wouldn't be too wrong to give a estimate based on where the band stands now, or to just address the fans on some unanswered questions. I just don't get what's with all the secrecy. It may all be up To Axl, but his band members should be given some knowledge as to where things stand in terms of the future.

Edited by Bobbo

We knew the band had intentions to eventually tour the US, once they started touring in 2009. That's not anything too juicy.

You knew that?

Up to the point Dj came out and said it, many people were worried they might skip the US this time around, especially since they did a strictly Canadian tour earlier. They've always combined US and Canadian dates in the same leg in the past.

I can remember people being very excited getting to know from a band member.

I didn't necessarily mean JUST new releases, but where the band stands past the tour. What are the plans? Are there any? Is Axl serious about working with the band on new music and getting it out there? The writing process may have started, but where is it going? How far along is it? What's been going on with the band between the current tour and the last one? It wouldn't be too wrong to give a estimate based on where the band stands now, or to just address the fans on some unanswered questions. I just don't get what's with all the secrecy. It may all be up To Axl, but his band members should be given some knowledge as to where things stand in terms of the future.

More info to the fans, yeah sure, I agree with you on this.

They could have all ageed to keep the next one as secret as possible for whichever reason, doesn't mean there's a gag order.

Do you remember 2002-2006? Off the top of my head at least Dizzy and Tommy were out in the press giving updates to the process, even several predictions to when the release might be. In that case everything backfired, they were off by a mile. I don't think their predictions were shots in the dark at the time, but there were a lot of things happening which fucked it all up.

That might be the reason to the secrecy this time around. Just a guess of course.

Edited by spirit83