Do you think Nu Guns will eventually become a band that can stand on their own?

Bobbo

And by the end of the tour they played as little as four or five of their old songs. It's not that it has to be all or nothing when it comes to the old material, I get playing the hits for some of their act, but when most of your setlist is comprised by material written by another band, how is the casual fan to take this current incarnation seriously, and not just a cover band?

Your last couple of sentences hit the nail on the head.

My question is why?

I don't take bands seriously or not seriously, depending on who is in the band or not, or how that band is ran (who the boss is, who makes the rules, etc). I don't understand why you care so much about the "casual fan taking the namd seriously".......seriously, who gives a shit?

The members in the band. Other than them, why should you worry about if people take them seriously or not?

Even tho u and I agree on some major issues, and disagree on some issues....your comment sums up why we will probably never fully agree on this band.

You and a few others are obsessed with stuff like that. Will they be taken seriously by the casual fan. Will there be a group photo. Will the band members be allowed to give interviews. What is the new song to old song ratio in concerts. How will a Dj solo compare to an old slash solo. What is the bands legacy going to be. How many albums the album sold. Cover band. Hired hands. What type of hat Dj wears. Nu this and that.

You and a few others are obsessed with those things. None of that has any meaning or interest to me. I don't understand why u guys are so obsessed with all that side drama. I couldn't care less.

Edited by Groghan

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are "nuguns"?

Seems to be a term that inbreds are fond of,I'm going to see Guns N' Roses and "nuguns" isn't listed on the roster. :xmassrudolph:

And there it is. I'm a fan of Guns N' Roses, so that's who I discuss, go to see in concert, buy merchandise from, etc. If I'd seen the newer members and disliked them or the band in general, the only title that would change would be applied to me. I'd have gone from "fan" to "non-fan", the band wouldn't be retitled no matter what my stance is.

And for all the bitching about "NO ONE OUTSIDE THE BOARDS CARES ABOUT THIS BAND! BLAH BLAH BLAH, ETC ETC" try dropping the term "NuGuns" outside of a message board and see where it gets you...

And by the end of the tour they played as little as four or five of their old songs. It's not that it has to be all or nothing when it comes to the old material, I get playing the hits for some of their act, but when most of your setlist is comprised by material written by another band, how is the casual fan to take this current incarnation seriously, and not just a cover band?

My question is why?

I don't take bands seriously or not seriously, depending on who is in the band or not, or how that band is ran (who the boss is, who makes the rules, etc). I don't understand why you care so much about the "casual fan taking the namd seriously".......seriously, who gives a shit?

The members in the band. Other than them, why should you worry about if people take them seriously or not?

Even tho u and I agree on some major issues, and disagree on some issues....your comment sums up why we will probably never fully agree on this band.

You and a few others are obsessed with stuff like that. Will they be taken seriously by the casual fan. Will there be a group photo. Will the band members be allowed to give interviews. What is the new song to old song ratio in concerts. How will a Dj solo compare to an old slash solo. What is the bands legacy going to be. How many albums the album sold. Cover band. Hired hands. What type of hat Dj wears. Nu this and that.

You and a few others are obsessed with those things. None of that has any meaning or interest to me. I don't understand why u guys are so obsessed with all that side drama. I couldn't care less.

You obviously care becasue you feel the need to keep pointing out how much you don't care..............

My question is why?

You obviously care becasue you feel the need to keep pointing out how much you don't care..............

Lol I was thinking the same thing

Who are "nuguns"?

Seems to be a term that inbreds are fond of,I'm going to see Guns N' Roses and "nuguns" isn't listed on the roster. :xmassrudolph:

And there it is. I'm a fan of Guns N' Roses, so that's who I discuss, go to see in concert, buy merchandise from, etc. If I'd seen the newer members and disliked them or the band in general, the only title that would change would be applied to me. I'd have gone from "fan" to "non-fan", the band wouldn't be retitled no matter what my stance is.

And for all the bitching about "NO ONE OUTSIDE THE BOARDS CARES ABOUT THIS BAND! BLAH BLAH BLAH, ETC ETC" try dropping the term "NuGuns" outside of a message board and see where it gets you...

Seems from observation to be three types of "fan" here.

1. The ones that have been fans for the long term,and roll with the punches enjoying the ride.Accepting that Guns has evolved,acknowledging change and loving both the previous albums,as well as CD.

2. The ones who only like the current lineup,and apparently haven't been around enough,or even attended a gig.There is history,not all of it is pleasant, but the music makes it all worthwhile.If you don't like the alumni,stay out of that section.

3. The stubborn,angry mob of reunionists and haters that relentlessly come here each day to bash GNR,to complain about setlists that haven't happened yet,to infer that they are experts in one field or another and give advice on how GNR "should" do things.These peopleinsist on referring to GNR as "nuguns". This group of so-called fans will never like a Goddamed thing and I really don't have the slightest idea why they fucking care. Their negativity and ignorance is unbelievable.

What I mean by this is, do you think nu guns will ever be remembered as a band that "made" it and eventually have their own material that fans (both casual and hardcore) hold near and dear?

No

Do you think the heavy reliance on the classic material for most of their act will stop?

No

Do you think people will ever seperate the eras of the band, and appreciate the nu band for their OWN material?

No

Do you think the day will ever come that the band will be seen more to the general public than just a cover band?

No

My question is why?

yep...

What I mean by this is, do you think nu guns will ever be remembered as a band that "made" it and eventually have their own material that fans (both casual and hardcore) hold near and dear?

No

Do you think the heavy reliance on the classic material for most of their act will stop?

No

Do you think people will ever seperate the eras of the band, and appreciate the nu band for their OWN material?

No

Do you think the day will ever come that the band will be seen more to the general public than just a cover band?

No

My question is why?

yep...

Don't like GNR? Don't listen to or buy material,don't go to upcoming tour gigs,find some music you like.Nobody is forcing you to be here,don't you have articles to plagerize? :rofl-lol:

My question is why?

sigh. This is why it is hard to have a civil conversation with you and your group of negative posters.

How are my posts any different than what u guys do? You post the same thing in every topic. Mine are the same because I'm responding to YOU.

This is a forum. People post their opinions. U make daily negative posts about the band....and I will continue to make posts pointing out why u are wrong.

I notice u have nothing to say specifically about my comments. Just a smart ass comment. Exactly.

And sunny. If u are going to cry to people off the forum that I purposely follow u around make negative posts about u.....maybe u should stop responding to my posts. But I do congratulate you for not taking credit for writing songs for GnR, and for not using racial or homophobic slurs in your response. I appreciate u not telling me to suck your dick (but then call me a Fag).

Edited by Groghan

No

No

No

No

My question is why?

yep...

Don't like GNR? Don't listen to or buy material,don't go to upcoming tour gigs,find some music you like.Nobody is forcing you to be here,don't you have articles to plagerize? :rofl-lol:

exactly.

I don't understand why these negative people post here. So many great bands out there to enjoy. But they would rather come here and make negative post after negative post. Then call us cupcakes because we actually like the band. It is friggen weird.

sigh. This is why it is hard to have a civil conversation with you and your group of negative posters.

How are my posts any different than what u guys do? You post the same thing in every topic. Mine are the same because I'm responding to YOU.

This is a forum. People post their opinions. U make daily negative posts about the band....and I will continue to make posts pointing out why u are wrong.

I notice u have nothing to say specifically about my comments. Just a smart ass comment. Exactly.

I am just pointing out the obvious Apollo and funny thing is I am not the only one who notices it............Your posts rarely have any real Guns related content and are just variations on a theme of you pointing out how anyone who criticizes Axl or the band is a cupcake and how we can't be real fans and you can't understand why we continue to come here...and I have answered that theme multiple times always saying the same thing. If it bothers you so much that we point out the truth which you feel is bashing Axl and NuGuns why do you stay here and not go to HTGTH forum where criticism is not allowed? You never answer that question but just repeat the same whine about how badly treated poor Axl is............

You don't like our opinions go to the other forum or put us on ignore but please stop whining..............

Who are "nuguns"?

1. The ones that have been fans for the long term,and roll with the punches enjoying the ride.Accepting that Guns has evolved,acknowledging change and loving both the previous albums,as well as CD.

2. The ones who only like the current lineup,and apparently haven't been around enough,or even attended a gig.There is history,not all of it is pleasant, but the music makes it all worthwhile.If you don't like the alumni,stay out of that section.

3. The stubborn,angry mob of reunionists and haters that relentlessly come here each day to bash GNR,to complain about setlists that haven't happened yet,to infer that they are experts in one field or another and give advice on how GNR "should" do things.These peopleinsist on referring to GNR as "nuguns". This group of so-called fans will never like a Goddamed thing and I really don't have the slightest idea why they fucking care. Their negativity and ignorance is unbelievable.

Put us on ignore mate then you won't get so upset reading our blasphemy....pretty simple really.......... :shrugs:

I am just pointing out the obvious Apollo and funny thing is I am not the only one who notices it............Your posts rarely have any real Guns related content and are just variations on a theme of you pointing out how anyone who criticizes Axl or the band is a cupcake and how we can't be real fans and you can't understand why we continue to come here...and I have answered that theme multiple times always saying the same thing. If it bothers you so much that we point out the truth which you feel is bashing Axl and NuGuns why do you stay here and not go to HTGTH forum where criticism is not allowed? You never answer that question but just repeat the same whine about how badly treated poor Axl is............

You don't like our opinions go to the other forum or put us on ignore but please stop whining..............

Who are "nuguns"?

Put us on ignore mate then you won't get so upset reading our blasphemy....pretty simple really.......... :shrugs:

Exactly. Groghan I respect you even though we don't agree on things, but you're not pointing out how we're wrong, you're pointing out why you THINK we're wrong, there's a difference. It's the same song and dance every thread with you.

And sailaway/volcano is sucha brick wall with his way of thinking, it's really just pointless having a conversation with him. I'm at my girlfriends, as she's sick and I'm taking care of her, but when I have more time later, I'll post my responses to some more posts.

Too funny.

Everything u just said about me you should apply to yourself.

Your statement about me posting my opinion and thinking it is fact.....while u and Norte are posting facts.....might be the most ridiculous thing u have ever posted. Just because you strongly believe something doesnt make it fact. You are posting YOUR opinion. Just like I am. There is no difference.

And u, Norte and silicon post the same negative statements in EVERY topic. Same old song and dance, as u like to say. I wouldn't have to continually say the same thing if u guys didn't continually post the same things. Why is it ok for u to post numerous negative comments?????

In my post I listed about 6-7 things that we disagree about. You chose to ignore that.

As for the original topic, which i already responded to (u ignore that).

Yes. I think album number two will establish this band. But, no matter how good or successful the album is, people will still moan and cry about Axl and the new band.

But by keeping the GnR name, Axl had to know that the slash diehards would never forgive him.

I like that Izzy and Duff have moved on, even tho a few fans can't.

Axl and the current band need to put out new music. It's that simple. Will they? I think so. I think we will get a couple new albums over the next couple years. And.....a reunion before the guys get to old.

Too funny.

Everything u just said about me you should apply to yourself.

Your statement about me posting my opinion and thinking it is fact.....while u and Norte are posting facts.....might be the most ridiculous thing u have ever posted. Just because you strongly believe something doesnt make it fact. You are posting YOUR opinion. Just like I am. There is no difference.

And u, Norte and silicon post the same negative statements in EVERY topic. Same old song and dance, as u like to say. I wouldn't have to continually say the same thing if u guys didn't continually post the same things. Why is it ok for u to post numerous negative comments?????

In my post I listed about 6-7 things that we disagree about. You chose to ignore that.

As for the original topic, which i already responded to (u ignore that).

Yes. I think album number two will establish this band. But, no matter how good or successful the album is, people will still moan and cry about Axl and the new band.

But by keeping the GnR name, Axl had to know that the slash diehards would never forgive him.

I like that Izzy and Duff have moved on, even tho a few fans can't.

Axl and the current band need to put out new music. It's that simple. Will they? I think so. I think we will get a couple new albums over the next couple years. And.....a reunion before the guys get to old.

You should talk about ignoring posts. You've done it to me countless times. And I wasn't ignoring you, I'm just taking care of my girlfriend at the moment and don't have too much time to post at the moment.

The way you said "I come to tell you why you're wrong" implies that your opinion is of higher value than ours. It's not. It's just your everyday, run in the mill opinion. I base my opinions off facts that have happened, but it's still just an opinion, and I never claim for it to be anything more than that.

Bottom line: why do you get so worked up over differing opinions? Most times you just over analyze it as some kind of hidden agenda to brain wash fans into thinking our way. If you don't like it, and it gets you upset (judging by your posts)...then just...idk...ignore us, go to here today, gone to hell where our critical views aren't allowed, or put us on ignore and conversate with people who see things your way.

As I said I respect you, but get a grip dude.

Edited by Bobbo

Your opinions aren't "critical thinking" they are daily bashings. Big difference.

And if my opinions cause you so much grief......ignore or don't read them. See how that works?

Both of you have valid points but spend way too much time arguing (as well as a handful of other people) and having this "us and them" type style of posting and finger pointing. His posts are not daily bashings. It takes two to tango, both of you should just use the ignore feature and be done with it

Edited by WhazUp

Your opinions aren't "critical thinking" they are daily bashings. Big difference.

And if my opinions cause you so much grief......ignore or don't read them. See how that works?

Both of you have valid points but spend way too much time arguing (as well as a handful of other people) and having this "us and them" type style of posting and finger pointing. His posts are not daily bashings. It takes two to tango, both of you should just use the ignore feature and be done with it

Agreed.

I am going to try and just post on topics and stop paying attention to who posted the message.

You seem to be the one that goes ape when somebody posts a different opinion from yours. Why you care so much about what someone on the internet thinks is just beyond me.

What I post is not daily bashings. It's having a conversation and expressing my opinion about the band. Do I ever call Ashba a "Slash wannabe", or Axl "a fat botoxed hasbeen"? That's bashing. I'm open for this band to make a name for itself, and not just live off past success, which is why I made this thread in the first place. I mean, of course I'd want a reunion over the nu band (a legit reunion, not just a cash n grab), but I'd like Axl to succeed with what he's got. He's probably my favorite front man of all time, and he's still got a whole lotta talent in him. But I'm not just gonna look the other way when he does something erratic, or mind boggling. And sadly that's held more true post 1996 than not.

I don't see or understand why anyone would bother to come and put a negative spin on GNR's activities and projects relentlessly.I don't like a lot of popular music,but I don't belong to their fan forums.

It seems like an exercise in stupidity,and certainly won't change a thing about the way GNR operates,nor my opinion.

I think the terms "hired hands" and "nugnr" are offensive and geared to provoke a reaction.It would be like me trolling the alumni section and repeatedly ragging on sequined hats,and lack of memorable lyrics.I don't post there.

You seem to be the one that goes ape when somebody posts a different opinion from yours. Why you care so much about what someone on the internet thinks is just beyond me.

What I post is not daily bashings. It's having a conversation and expressing my opinion about the band. Do I ever call Ashba a "Slash wannabe", or Axl "a fat botoxed hasbeen"? That's bashing. I'm open for this band to make a name for itself, and not just live off past success, which is why I made this thread in the first place. I mean, of course I'd want a reunion over the nu band (a legit reunion, not just a cash n grab), but I'd like Axl to succeed with what he's got. He's probably my favorite front man of all time, and he's still got a whole lotta talent in him. But I'm not just gonna look the other way when he does something erratic, or mind boggling. And sadly that's held more true post 1996 than not.

No,Axl has always been erratic and controversial but he creates mindboggling music. I like to see the envelope pushed,when did Rock become so " civilized?" And "Tame?"

No,Axl has always been erratic and controversial but he creates mindboggling music. I like to see the envelope pushed,when did Rock become so " civilized?" And "Tame?"

There's a difference being a erratic twat, and being one hell of a rockstar. And of course, I firmly believe Axl is a legit musician who has tons of musical talent. I know I sound harsh but you can't really deny that some of his behavior throughout the past decade and a half, as well as their heyday has been pretty ridiculous. Again, he's great at what he does, and I love the guy, but there's plenty of room for improvement.

I don't see or understand why anyone would bother to come and put a negative spin on GNR's activities and projects relentlessly.I don't like a lot of popular music,but I don't belong to their fan forums.

It seems like an exercise in stupidity,and certainly won't change a thing about the way GNR operates,nor my opinion.

I think the terms "hired hands" and "nugnr" are offensive and geared to provoke a reaction.It would be like me trolling the alumni section and repeatedly ragging on sequined hats,and lack of memorable lyrics.I don't post there.

Really nothing that gets stated in this forum is probable to change the way GNR operates. Nor do I personally try, for the most part, to change opinions. It's just really discussion. From one fan to another with differing views. If everybody thought the same, it wouldn't be very fun to come to the forums.

And just curious, lack of memorable lyrics from the classic lineup? Seriously? Each to their own I guess :shrugs: ...

Edited by Bobbo

I fall into this category

In about 1 minute i'm adding you and BoBo with Sunny on my ignore list.

You're all a bunch of fuckin' trolling maggots that ruin this place