If There's No "New" Album This Year...

Nick85

Think about it. If there is no new album this fall, like we'd been hoping, and this tour is more or less a continuation of the Chinese Democracy World Tour, I wonder if it would it be wise for GNR to reissue CD as a double album - complete with the new artwork, notes and cover that we've seen, along with a new song or two and some of those remixes that Brain was working on.

I think that would be a cool way for the band to re-introduce CD to the states, and also would take some heat off the band putting out a whole new album. It also would leave the door wide open for the current lineup to start writing a new album soonish.

In fact, there are signs that the ball has already started rolling on this. We know that the band was toying around with re-launching CD earlier this year on the heals of the U.S. tour that never happened. Well, now it is. Late this summer, we saw CD get marked down to $1.99 on Best Buy's website, re-enter the charts...then disappear completely from their website. Not to mention, the 2008 version of the album has even become somewhat scarce in Best Buy stores in recent months. Interesting.

So anyway, how would you feel about a Chinese Democracy relaunch to support the upcoming tour? Good idea? Terrible?

Edited by sofine11

I highly doubt there will be a new album this year. Next year would probably be the fastest they can get an album together, considering they have not recorded anything with the band yet and are playing quite a few shows in the near future. 3-4 months is just not feasable to play tour dates, write material, record, mix, and master the songs, make deals, and manufacture and release an album worldwide. As for a reissue of CD, if they truly revamp it with unrelased material and new cool additions it would be neat to see a re-release but honestly I don't see that happening

Edited by WhazUp

On the contrary, Axl confirmed in his tweet earlier this year there were never any plans for a reissue/relaunch. It'd be great if it did happen, but I'd say the chances are slim.

He said there were no concrete plans, beyond discussions. :thumbsup:

No way this could happen.

Who is going to sign on to distribute that thing when Best Buy is sitting on millions of copies that they've already shown a willingness to let go of for $1.99?

New artwork ain't enough to make it work. It'd be nice if he'd upload a .pdf of the real artwork or even sold booklets online. But outside of that, Chinese Democracy is past tense.

Edited by artfromtex

I don't think it would be a good business move.

That ship has sailed 3 years ago.

That said

I personally would like a rerelease. Mabey keep the best off CD and add four or so new songs and all the remixes etc.

Also include a DVD were axl talks about recording CD and his plans for the future coupled w concert footage and chicken coupe bloopers. Heehee

Also throw one newly recorded axl/ashba/bumble track that is catchy, has a distict chorus, some bite, and a bit on the raidio friendly side....

Release it all over the net w video.

This would mos' def cause some much needed buzz.

In a perfect world right.....

people in the u.s have not heard the new songs live

Better

IRS

Chinese D

The Blues

Riad

Madagascar

TWAT

Have all been showcased in the states already. I don't think the band playing Catcher In The Rye in Omaha is going to complete the Chinese Democracy circle. :D

On topic, if they rereleased CD with The General, Atlas Shrugged, & Soul Monster, I could honestly move on with the CD Era and start looking forward to a Ron & DJ Guns album. I think many fans who have followed the band throughout the making of that album would agree that those 3 songs still need to be heard.

Edited by sofine11

ChiDem did not sell here when it was originally released so what makes you think anyone is going to care if they rerelease it? And as someone said Best Buy is sitting on a ton of unsold product they are having trouble moving at bascially the cost to make the discs $1.99 so how does your suggestion make any business sense..

You want some buzz? Axl should get off his ass and do some promotional interviews for the tour............... that would create more buzz then rereleasing an album which already tanked here.............

Correct. A mainstream interview would do wonders as far as album sales & tickets. He won't do it.

I just wish there was an official GNR website that was actively run and managed by the band.

Yeah, I really don't get why everything that happens with this band still gets the 'cloak & daggers' treatment. Weird for a band that doesn't really release music. :shrugs:

I just wish there was an official GNR website that was actively run and managed by the band.

Yeah, I really don't get why everything that happens with this band still gets the 'cloak & daggers' treatment. Weird for a band that doesn't really release music. :shrugs:

Careful lads you are treading into the Axl police cupcake zone with your blasphemy.................... :rolleyes:

I'm not trolling I'm just saying that it would be awesome if we all had something like Megadeth fans get where Dave basically runs the entire site and shit. Even if Axl didn't want to have much to do with it I'm sure DJ would be on there all the fucking time with updates and stuff. I just think it would be much better than what we have now because everything would be centralized and not so fragmented.

I'm just sayin', it's strange that everything that happens or that's planned is still so top-secret...But in the end, nothing really happens. We got, what, 1 album in the 12 years of NuGNR? All the secrecy gets a little idiotic after a while, when there's just not much to show for it...

It would be nice if there was something actually going on for a change be it a re-release, new album, anything at this point.

Edited by sofine11

I'm just sayin', it's strange that everything that happens or that's planned is still so top-secret...But in the end, nothing really happens. We got, what, 1 album in the 12 years of NuGNR? All the secrecy gets a little idiotic after a while, when there's just not much to show for it...

It would be nice if there was something actually going on for a change be it a re-release, new album, anything at this point.

I agree 100%. That is something I have NEVER understood about this band. The fact that they never release any info officially, most of the info we get is like "hey look on this ticket site,they are selling tickets for a concert in chicago"..or "hey i saw a random commercial on espn2 at midnight for the guns concert".

But the fact that they don't make announcements sucks, but what can you do?. The thing that gets me about that though is ; Fine you don't want to give us info...cool. But don't get all pissed off and come on here and start snapping on people for speculating. If you give cryptic messages about new albums/tours/general band info then all most of us fans are left with is speculation. It reminds me of what that guy on twitter said, I think his name was "gunsoftruth" or something like that (which I dont know if he was proven to be fake or not) but what he said stuck with me "I never understood the abrassive attitude this new band has had towards the fans". And I am part of that, I do not understand that. I mean shit, we aren't asking for their social security numbers, we just want them to throw us a bone....maybe even a "hey, axl and I have been working on a song together". Not the typical "I don't know,thats for axl to announce, not me" Then we hear 6 months later from Baz "Man, I heard this killer track with axl and dj".

I can't remember any other band (popular or underground) that has been like this with basic information that every other band in the world relays to their fans.

I mean shit, we aren't asking for their social security numbers, we just want them to throw us a bone....maybe even a "hey, axl and I have been working on a song together". Not the typical "I don't know,thats for axl to announce, not me" Then we hear 6 months later from Baz "Man, I heard this killer track with axl and dj".

I can't remember any other band (popular or underground) that has been like this with basic information that every other band in the world relays to their fans.

Can't argue with that. Tommy's been in GNR for since, what, 1998? He recently gets asked about the one thing the fans really want to know "What's up with the next album?" And he bats it away, stating that it's Axl's business. Lame and strange on so many grounds I won't even begin to discuss it.

Careful lads you are treading into the Axl police cupcake zone with your blasphemy.................... :rolleyes:

Yeah, Volcano and Popcorn what's-his-name are going to get angry and bring out their inned "E-thug". On topic, a re-release would be brilliant, especially if there is no new album coming out.

I hate the lack of communication as much as anybody.

But I don't think there is some big evil secret thing going on like some of you do.

I think Axl hasn't embraced the internet. And that he has given out release information and plans in the past.....and for whatever reason those plans never happened (a lot probably his fault) and that makes him look bad. And we know he has had a problem with media since back in the early days. Get In The Ring?

Imo he isn't trying to keep everything secret. He just is in the "u don't need to know my every move, the press will screw up what I tell them, internet haters will twist anything I say......so Fuck it. Fans will get info when I feel like telling them. Until then....live your lives."

That sucks for fans and isn't great for marketing the band. But Axl has always done things his own way.

There is a poster on here who always talks about how Axl owes him something. Since he has bought albums and supported Axls career....then Axl owes him or basically works for him. Instead of listening to the die-hard fans who love him, I think Axl listens to the haters with that attitude and he says "I don't owe u shit, and with your bad attitude I ain't giving u anything."

Like how at every party there is always one asshole that ruins everything. Or at a concert, one fan throws a bottle and ruins the concert for everybody else.

Axl has walked off stage at shows because of 2-3 idiot fans, even tho the other 10,000 are having a great time.

I think that's why Axl doesn't talk or do any publicity. Because of the random few haters.

It sucks for the real fans though.

I hate the lack of communication as much as anybody.

But I don't think there is some big evil secret thing going on like some of you do.

I think Axl hasn't embraced the internet. And that he has given out release information and plans in the past.....and for whatever reason those plans never happened (a lot probably his fault) and that makes him look bad. And we know he has had a problem with media since back in the early days. Get In The Ring?

Imo he isn't trying to keep everything secret. He just is in the "u don't need to know my every move, the press will screw up what I tell them, internet haters will twist anything I say......so Fuck it. Fans will get info when I feel like telling them. Until then....live your lives."

That sucks for fans and isn't great for marketing the band. But Axl has always done things his own way.

There is a poster on here who always talks about how Axl owes him something. Since he has bought albums and supported Axls career....then Axl owes him or basically works for him. Instead of listening to the die-hard fans who love him, I think Axl listens to the haters with that attitude and he says "I don't owe u shit, and with your bad attitude I ain't giving u anything."

Like how at every party there is always one asshole that ruins everything. Or at a concert, one fan throws a bottle and ruins the concert for everybody else.

Axl has walked off stage at shows because of 2-3 idiot fans, even tho the other 10,000 are having a great time.

I think that's why Axl doesn't talk or do any publicity. Because of the random few haters.

It sucks for the real fans though.

Great post. One funny thing is that it is pretty clear Axl hasn't embraced the internet when it comes to telling fans updates etc, but he will find time to jump online and blast a(now former) moderator and read reviews on his songs/album/shows.

Have you seen the movie Inception? We need to incept the idea of moving forward with a new album's worth of material. Only the bravest and cleverest of GnR fans will be able to descend 3 levels deep into Axl's subconscious to successfully execute the new album idea inception.

There is no new album anywhere on the horizon.

Think about it, if there were any plans to release an album in the next 12 months, GNR would NOT be touring the U.S in the next few months.

If something was legitimately 6 months or so away, they would hold off touring and tour behind the new release.

There is no way they are going to release an album soon and sit on their ass and not tour again like they did in 08, and the fact they are touring now indicates there is nothing planned for release.

For a band playing arenas like they are, they are not going to be touring at the end of this year, and then coming back again in the next 12 months. It just doesn't happen in todays day and age for arena acts.

I should know better than to apply common sense to GNR considering Axl's ass backwards stewardship of the band, but the fact they are doing an arena tour in the next few months tells us all we need to know about the status of anything new anytime soon.