If There's No "New" Album This Year...

Nick85

There is no new album anywhere on the horizon.

Think about it, if there were any plans to release an album in the next 12 months, GNR would NOT be touring the U.S in the next few months.

If something was legitimately 6 months or so away, they would hold off touring and tour behind the new release.

There is no way they are going to release an album soon and sit on their ass and not tour again like they did in 08, and the fact they are touring now indicates there is nothing planned for release.

For a band playing arenas like they are, they are not going to be touring at the end of this year, and then coming back again in the next 12 months. It just doesn't happen in todays day and age for arena acts.

I should know better than to apply common sense to GNR considering Axl's ass backwards stewardship of the band, but the fact they are doing an arena tour in the next few months tells us all we need to know about the status of anything new anytime soon.

Some good points actually. Megadeth's new album comes out November 1st, and that was announced 2 months ago, I think they are currently touring also. Perhaps Guns could launch an album while on tour? The tour could possibly go into next year.

A new album this year would be amazing. But it is very unlikely. New album in 2012 would be great as well. But with Axl who knows?

I agree, I would just prefer a re-release at this point.

I do believe there were negotiations from when the 2010 tour ended til now. I have no source or insider word, but Guns do have a manager right now. This tour wouldn't be happening without a manager. Managers are used are a bridge between the artist and the record label so chances are some discussions went on in the 9 months since they stopped touring. But a new album this year.... not likely at all. Probably still hasn't been mastered.

people in the u.s have not heard the new songs live

Better

IRS

Chinese D

The Blues

Riad

Madagascar

TWAT

Have all been showcased in the states already. I don't think the band playing Catcher In The Rye in Omaha is going to complete the Chinese Democracy circle. :D

On topic, if they rereleased CD with The General, Atlas Shrugged, & Soul Monster, I could honestly move on with the CD Era and start looking forward to a Ron & DJ Guns album. I think many fans who have followed the band throughout the making of that album would agree that those 3 songs still need to be heard.

1 us tour date don't count and you forgot these songs

Shackler's Revenge

If The World

Catcher In The Rye

Riad N' The Bedouins

Scraped

Sorry

This I Love

Prostitute

those songs have not been played live in the u.s

Edited by thomase

I just wish there was an official GNR website that was actively run and managed by the band.

Yeah, I really don't get why everything that happens with this band still gets the 'cloak & daggers' treatment. Weird for a band that doesn't really release music. :shrugs:

Careful lads you are treading into the Axl police cupcake zone with your blasphemy.................... :rolleyes:

Yeah, Volcano and Popcorn what's-his-name are going to get angry and bring out their inned "E-thug". On topic, a re-release would be brilliant, especially if there is no new album coming out.

You idiots have serious mental issues and love to instigate an argument.

Of course I wish their fuckin' website was a normal updated website but i'm not going to cry about like you guys.

You know what's funny? You reiterate the fact that you love how Axl is his own man, how he does what he wants and how he is rock n roll and speaks his mind, yet when someone who doesn't think Axl is a God simple mentions what Guns could do better you call them haters. Are the 'haters' not just speaking their mind? Are they not just doing what they want? You say Axl doesn't work for us(he doesn't of course), but we also do not work for him. Praise is given when praise is due, same goes for criticism.

Bad idea imo. CD bombed in the US and it's clear they're trying to distance themselves from it in the tour promotion. New music is what we need not a reissue of a 3 year old album nobody cared about in the first place.

I just wish there was an official GNR website that was actively run and managed by the band.

Yeah, I really don't get why everything that happens with this band still gets the 'cloak & daggers' treatment. Weird for a band that doesn't really release music. :shrugs:

Careful lads you are treading into the Axl police cupcake zone with your blasphemy.................... :rolleyes:

Yeah, Volcano and Popcorn what's-his-name are going to get angry and bring out their inned "E-thug". On topic, a re-release would be brilliant, especially if there is no new album coming out.

You idiots have serious mental issues and love to instigate an argument.

Of course I wish their fuckin' website was a normal updated website but i'm not going to cry about like you guys.

You know what's funny? You reiterate the fact that you love how Axl is his own man, how he does what he wants and how he is rock n roll and speaks his mind, yet when someone who doesn't think Axl is a God simple mentions what Guns could do better you call them haters. Are the 'haters' not just speaking their mind? Are they not just doing what they want? You say Axl doesn't work for us(he doesn't of course), but we also do not work for him. Praise is given when praise is due, same goes for criticism.

I always say, some fans have a lot of trouble separating the art from the artist around here. You can buy tickets to the shows and buy his albums and, you know, still be a little baffled by his behavior from time to time.

Van Gogh is one of my favorite painters. Dude was batshit crazy. Cut off his own ear. Axl's my favorite front man of all time. I can still lament the fact that he really doesn't speak to his fans and should release A LOT more of the music he has allegedly recorded over the past 12 years. See? ;)

That's a great post Groghan. Some people don't take kindly to criticism. I think it's fair to assume Axl is one of these people evidence for this is how he reacts to magazines, which he used to all the time, and his seemingly cautious moves with everything he does. I think the internet reeeaaaaally screwed with his head in this regard. I mean, there's tons of people saying all kinds of negative stuff online about Axl. I think he knew in the early 90s he was an outside of the norm badass who a lot of people didn't like but actually reading comment after comment online where nobody holds back their feelings has got to mess with him more than say an overly critical, but still respectful a bit since it's published, review of a show or something. I don't mean just here or other forums either, youtube videos, music news websites, review sites, etc,. I Personally believe Axl knows all the big points people feel against him and has read, and still reads, all kinds of stuff about him and GNR online. Sometimes you can tell the way he talks about his "detractors" like it's a big deal but it's really just a few people online. I think the comments of SunnyDre would dictate his actions more than someone like Sailaway, for whatever reason. That's PURE speculation but you can tell by his actions and when he does speak that he knows the negative shit people say and keeps up to date. "I don't do a single note for some fuckhead from Iowa" or whatever he said about some dude that complained about a set list online... that the crowd knows nothing about or even if the set list is typically the same.

It's unfortunate for all concerned sad.gif

Wouldn't it be sad if two years from now we are still wondering if a new album will ever come out.....

Edited by Groghan

• 2 years later...

I enjoy Chinese Democracy as an album a lot. The politics of GNR aside - at the end of the day I really like a lot of the songs.

However, at this stage, I feel it's haunted most of Axl's professional life, and I'd like to see that whole era put to bed.

For someone as talented as Rose, who cowrote 3 Albums and an EP full of classics in just 5 years, it's unfortunate to see the subsequent 20 years dominated by obsession over 12 songs - even if they are great songs.

As we enter 2014, some of Chinese Democracy has been played live for 13 years, and the album itself will have been released 6 years ago. Haven't those songs already taken up their fair share of Axl's attention and life?

• Like 1

I enjoy Chinese Democracy as an album a lot. The politics of GNR aside - at the end of the day I really like a lot of the songs.

However, at this stage, I feel it's haunted most of Axl's professional life, and I'd like to see that whole era put to bed.

For someone as talented as Rose, who cowrote 3 Albums and an EP full of classics in just 5 years, it's unfortunate to see the subsequent 20 years dominated by obsession over 12 songs - even if they are great songs.

As we enter 2014, some of Chinese Democracy has been played live for 13 years, and the album itself will have been released 6 years ago. Haven't those songs already taken up their fair share of Axl's attention and life?

He's been performing the Appetite material for nearly 30 years.

I'd have no problem with new music from the current band, but I still hope I hear the trilogy in my lifetime. The CD era- the songs, the seclusion, the backstory, personnel changes, etc) fascinates me.

The weird thing is that there is an old quote from Axl where he says he can't imagine doing that, and that as an artist he needs to create and play new stuff. I wonder what happened to change that attitude to what it is now?

• Like 1

That's a great post Groghan. Some people don't take kindly to criticism. I think it's fair to assume Axl is one of these people evidence for this is how he reacts to magazines, which he used to all the time, and his seemingly cautious moves with everything he does. I think the internet reeeaaaaally screwed with his head in this regard. I mean, there's tons of people saying all kinds of negative stuff online about Axl. I think he knew in the early 90s he was an outside of the norm badass who a lot of people didn't like but actually reading comment after comment online where nobody holds back their feelings has got to mess with him more than say an overly critical, but still respectful a bit since it's published, review of a show or something. I don't mean just here or other forums either, youtube videos, music news websites, review sites, etc,. I Personally believe Axl knows all the big points people feel against him and has read, and still reads, all kinds of stuff about him and GNR online. Sometimes you can tell the way he talks about his "detractors" like it's a big deal but it's really just a few people online. I think the comments of SunnyDre would dictate his actions more than someone like Sailaway, for whatever reason. That's PURE speculation but you can tell by his actions and when he does speak that he knows the negative shit people say and keeps up to date. "I don't do a single note for some fuckhead from Iowa" or whatever he said about some dude that complained about a set list online... that the crowd knows nothing about or even if the set list is typically the same.

It's unfortunate for all concerned sad.gif

Wouldn't it be sad if two years from now we are still wondering if a new album will ever come out.....

HI IRONY!

To think in 2011 we actually thought there was a chance they would have an album out that year. It would've been 2 years old by now.

Back in 2011 I actually did have hope - although skeptical that anything would happen until 2012

Now we are going into 2014 and my hope has all but diminished. It's a shame that GNR is not doing anything anywhere near their potential

I'd have no problem with new music from the current band, but I still hope I hear the trilogy in my lifetime. The CD era- the songs, the seclusion, the backstory, personnel changes, etc) fascinates me.

Yes I'm not saying he shouldn't perform CD songs or AFD songs.

I just find it curious that five years on from CD's release...the leaks are of DJ Ashba redoing Better...not writing some brand new song. How many years should the same 12 tracks be the focus of Axl's creative energy? Even when they're out there in stores now? Indefinitely if that's what he wants I guess..buy you'd think after decades and millions of dollars and blah blah blah - those songs have had their moment in the sun already - great songs as they are - but it just seems strange to Still be redoing them now.

I'm just saying at this stage - Axl spent a great deal of his working life working on CD - he got it out - surely the band would be better to start working on finishing the CD2 songs than on remixing CD1 or redoing UYI or AFD or anything else that's already been finished a few times previously!

There won't be a new album this year. I understand a new album probably won't take as long as Chinese did, but there's no way we're going from no talk of even leaks for a new album to a new album in a year. Thats just not gonna happen. This new tour will obviously be a continuation. MAYBE it will have some new songs, and if it does that will be a nice touch, although one that is long overdue so its hard to say "that's good". Its more just logical. Also, even with the new songs, there's 100% no chance it will lead to a new album by the end of 2014.

There won't be a new album this year. I understand a new album probably won't take as long as Chinese did, but there's no way we're going from no talk of even leaks for a new album to a new album in a year. Thats just not gonna happen. This new tour will obviously be a continuation. MAYBE it will have some new songs, and if it does that will be a nice touch, although one that is long overdue so its hard to say "that's good". Its more just logical. Also, even with the new songs, there's 100% no chance it will lead to a new album by the end of 2014.

I tend to take this same view.

Just think about it. They are touring through, what, April? Then they come back and decompress. It not like work starts in earnest the next day.

And just given their track record, even if they got back to work in July (no guarantee) is that enough time to have it out in calendar 2014? Highly, highly dubious.

And if any further dates are announced, here or abroad, you can absolutely forget it.

• Like 2