GnR on Worst Heavy metal Albums of all time

tat2d1

2.) Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy: Anyone who tells you this album was "worth the wait" is likely still under contract with W. Axl Rose or trying to justify paying real money for it. After taking a century's worth of work, the album was about what you'd expect from a Guns N' Roses with no Slash, no Izzy, no Duff. If you enjoy this, you probably thought "Civil War" needed more piano.

Purchase instead: Appetite for Destruction and anger management courses.

the album was about what you'd expect from a Guns N' Roses with no Slash, no Izzy, no Duff. If you enjoy this, you probably thought "Civil War" needed more piano.

Chinese shits all over previous band members attempts.

Some people are just bitter.

You mean the people who made the band famous with the timeless songs eh? WOW.

the album was about what you'd expect from a Guns N' Roses with no Slash, no Izzy, no Duff. If you enjoy this, you probably thought "Civil War" needed more piano.

I like Izzy's stuff the best.

And before someone flames me as being a hater; I don't like Slash's solo album or Snakepit. VR was good though.

How can Load, Reload and CD be on the list of worst "metal" albums when neither of them are metal? Total fail lol

well i would consider load and reload heavy metal, maybe not just as metally as metallica fans expects

No, they're hard rock records. If you want to hear what metal sounds like listen to Machine Head or Devil Driver. Saying Load is a shitty metal album is like saying Aerosmith Rocks is a shitty rap album. It makes no sense.

St. Anger on the other hand...it deserves to be there lol

Edited by Nintari

Some people are just bitter.

You mean the people who made the band famous with the timeless songs eh? WOW.

You completely missed my point.

Saw this posted on the Maiden FC as well. It's one of the worst lists I've ever seen. Maiden, Sabbath and Metallica are really the only metal bands on the list.

No Maiden album besides Virtual XI is bad by any means. The 90's albums get slagged by everyone, but No Prayer, Fear Of The Dark, and The X Factor all have some KILLER tunes. All that sucks about Fear Of The Dark is the production.

Good call on Never Say Die! though. Second worst Sabbath album ever IMO.

The term "heavy metal" is an umbrella term that is extremely open-ended. In the 1970s Deep Purple and KISS were considered "metal," and they aren't as heavy as GN'R.

And Never say Die is light years better than most of the Tony Martin shit.

It's a self-esteem thing. There's always a new generation of kids that need to redefine metal and make into an even smaller, more niche category so that they can feel like they're better than everyone else.

Can you tell I hate genre nazis?

The term "heavy metal" is an umbrella term that is extremely open-ended. In the 1970s Deep Purple and KISS were considered "metal," and they aren't as heavy as GN'R.

And Never say Die is light years better than most of the Tony Martin shit.

It's a self-esteem thing. There's always a new generation of kids that need to redefine metal and make into an even smaller, more niche category so that they can feel like they're better than everyone else.

Can you tell I hate genre nazis?

Oh, you mean metal-core-groove-thrash?!?! haha

Edited by Nintari

I like Izzy's stuff the best.

And before someone flames me as being a hater; I don't like Slash's solo album or Snakepit. VR was good though.

Slash's solo album isnt great no. Snakepit is slightly better but only just.

Izzy's solo work is by far and away the best. With perhaps Duff's being a second place best

It's a pretty correct list, except for Fear Of The Dark.

Load and Reload and fuckin' great

Load and Reload are good IMO, but they both got some pretty bad tunes... Should've been one GREAT album. About CD, they put it on the list to draw attention... just to raise hell....motherfuckers....And Fear Of The Dar ain't that bad either.