Oh My God played during RIR soundcheck?

WhazUp

OMG is my favorite song by GNR since the UYI albums. SR comes in a close second. It's not that either of these are written any better than any of the others on CD, just that they are FAST and HEAVY. we need more FAST and HEAVY songs. rock3

no offense to anyone, but shit like prostitute, TIL, sorry etc. put me to sleep. :sleeper:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That soundcheck clip sounded great. I look forward to hearing it live. Oh My God is what I imagine the cd2 material to be like in some aspects.

One of the better rockers from new Guns imo.

No way dude...yuk.gifyuk.gif That would be a total nightmare.!! :shocked:

Chinese, the song, was originally like... electronic punk grunge. I liked it better without all the guitars.

I'd have liked Chinese Democracy to have more Oh My God and less Elton John.

Good song.

But already released.

I don't want new versions of old songs from over a decade ago.

How about new songs? That's what every other band in the world does.

I know what you mean about new songs. But the haters always complain about the setlist as well. So it's good to mix it up. Axl and GNR can never win :(

I wouldn't mind them playing some old songs.

I never go on YouTube and look for 2010 live performances of out ta get me or live and let die.

I would welcome replacing a couple songs.

Volcano, I just grew up in the hair band era and then the start of the grunge era. And back then bands put out an album every year or every two years.

No, they weren't all masterpieces. But the good bands would still have 6-8 really good songs.

Would you rather have one amazing album every 15 years? Or would you rather Axl had put out albums every 3 years, and today you had 70 GnR songs in your ipod compared to just having Chinese democracy?

I just get frustrated that he refuses to put out new music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q--CyTwt5B0

So badass! Reaaallly, hoping this makes it's way into the Chicago setlist.

Where is exactly the badass? :unsure: I really dont get how you ppl like that song,its so empty. :crazy: This sounds like a bunch of scattered music sounds,industrial rock shit,gimme a break. :thumbsdown: Thats not GNR,i dont recognize this song as GNR music. :thumbsdown:

to me have more gnr that all chinese democracy, is a really good song with a good lyric.

Guest ben9785

That studio version from "End of Days" soundtrack does not do the song any justice. There is so much going on, different layers, but it is not clear. A new studio version of this song would be great. People might be able to grasp it a little better then.

That studio version from "End of Days" soundtrack does not do the song any justice. There is so much going on, different layers, but it is not clear. A new studio version of this song would be great. People might be able to grasp it a little better then.

Thought Axl said the song released on the soundtrack was a demo version?

The song has more guitars in it now (I mean that's what it sounded like in the video).

Really getting curious how this sounds - I've read varying things about what was changed in the reworked version (new intro? new bridge), but the new bassline in that video is really cool.

Hopefully they bust it out at one of the shows as an extra treat, and that it doesn't suffer the same fate as "Perfect Crime" from a couple years back.