After Estranged what?

dimitrisaxl

To answer topic question, i would love one in a million (i know will never happen which is kinda understandable)

Wouldnt anybody else be happier with a shorter set?

Why? My reasons,

Guns are notoriously late. This is expected and fine with me. It adds to the excitement and rush to the first couple of songs but makes it difficult for travel, work, or perhaps a younger crowd (like 11-12 with parents) to get home and just stamina. Shit, these tickets aint cheep and not everyone can lead the Rock n Roll life style these guys can (and deserve, but not at fans expense)

I would rather have songs like T.W.A.T, Rocket Queen, Estranged, Dont Cry to be a MUST in the setlist and lose a couple of solos, forget the piano solo and cetainly lose a few others. Get rid of Knocking and Live n Let Die and replace with ANY 1 track from Chinese Democracy.

Play 2 hours of what peaple want.....IMO i think Knocking On Heavens Door is in there cos its an EASY 10-15 minutes to fill. Its like having 5 mins of Facebook or Whatever at work just to stretch the day out.

I would rather see and hear 1 hour and 45 minutes of dynamite than 2 hours 30mins of "ups and downs"

Im sure Axl would favour this.....i bet the band could, and would, play for 5 hours happilly. Anyway, just my thoughts. I know its only my 3rd-4th post but hey, i love you all and the band.

Peace and Love

Adam

Edited by Adazybear

I don't see the current band ever doing any obscure UYI stuff, so I guess by default I'd go with Civil War.

Being the anniversary year of the albums, I think there's a bigger chance now than previous years. We got Estranged already... :D

I don't know where you draw the line at 'obscure', but it would be nice to hear Dead Horse, Locomotive or Don't Damn Me.

One in a Million. Fuck it, it is a great song.

That would be a surprise! I like it too.

Could get some headlines for the wrong reasons though... :lol:

You been around the last couple of days?

Hardly any big headlines anywhere... Some mentions yes, both good and bad.

The biggest uproar has been within the confined space that these forums are.

To answer topic question, i would love one in a million (i know will never happen which is kinda understandable)

Wouldnt anybody else be happier with a shorter set?

Why? My reasons,

Guns are notoriously late. This is expected and fine with me. It adds to the excitement and rush to the first couple of songs but makes it difficult for travel, work, or perhaps a younger crowd (like 11-12 with parents) to get home and just stamina. Shit, these tickets aint cheep and not everyone can lead the Rock n Roll life style these guys can (and deserve, but not at fans expense)

I would rather have songs like T.W.A.T, Rocket Queen, Estranged, Dont Cry to be a MUST in the setlist and lose a couple of solos, forget the piano solo and cetainly lose a few others. Get rid of Knocking and Live n Let Die and replace with ANY 1 track from Chinese Democracy.

Play 2 hours of what peaple want.....IMO i think Knocking On Heavens Door is in there cos its an EASY 10-15 minutes to fill. Its like having 5 mins of Facebook or Whatever at work just to stretch the day out.

I would rather see and hear 1 hour and 45 minutes of dynamite than 2 hours 30mins of "ups and downs"

Im sure Axl would favour this.....i bet the band could, and would, play for 5 hours happilly. Anyway, just my thoughts. I know its only my 3rd-4th post but hey, i love you all and the band.

Peace and Love

Adam

Knocking must stay ! maybe a tripped down shorter version like at the Marquee or something but it must stay!!

on topic.....................new song !

I have seen this tour a few times now , hoping for Scraped in Chicago !

I didn't see the stream yet.

who did the dolphin solos? They should play the video

On the big screen.

Civil War and Yesterdays next?

Bumblefoot did.

Did I see dolphins on the video wall during Estranged, or did I dream that?

On the big screen.

Bumblefoot did.

I think it was a dream anyway.. :lol:

The ONLY older material I'd have any interest whatsoever in hearing would be 'Civil War', 'Coma', and 'Locomotive'. They should seriously drop 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door'. It goes on for waaaay too long. There's no reason whatsoever that they shouldn't be playing AT LEAST 8-10 'Chinese Democracy' songs, not to mention 'Oh My God', and if they're so dead set on covers, throw in 'Sympathy For the Devil'...

Guest ben9785

"Estranged" was nice, and if they play it occasionally it would be welcome I'm sure..

I think the focus should remain on new songs though.. Not comparing the likes of "Rhiad & The Bedouins" to the quality of the older songs but it is more relevant to the band *now* and I think it would be better to see that, "If the World", "Scraped' and the other CD music played more often.

No most of the audience won't care about new songs but if they believe in what they are doing they should push it out there to the audience.

Wouldn't it be more pleasing for a GN'R concert review to highlight how great a new song sounded rather than a new rendition of "Civil War"..

Do think Estranged was played because Dolphins swim in water like it was a joke about the rain and flooded stage?

On the big screen.

Bumblefoot did.

I think it was a dream anyway.. :lol:

Sympathy for the devil would be awesome.