Since The Third Chinese Democracy Album Comes Out in 2012

Stipemanblue

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OP was sort of joking, wasn't he?

Baz said a bunch of things, some of them didn't make sense.

Axl's said a bunch of things, many of which didn't happen.

Clearly, whatever was said YEARS AGO no longer applies today. If it did, we'd have gotten a BETTER video, a US tour awhile ago, and perhaps even a bonus disc of Chinese remixes/alt versions.

The only thing we can be for sure about is

1.) They're scheduled for shows in US

2.) They will probably be playing Estranged.

3.) They might play Oh My God

People giving weather predictions about "Atlas" or "The General" or "My Dog Ate My Homework" have nothing to base it on - at all.

Clearly, whatever was said YEARS AGO no longer applies today. If it did, we'd have gotten a BETTER video, a US tour awhile ago, and perhaps even a bonus disc of Chinese remixes/alt versions.

People giving weather predictions about "Atlas" or "The General" or "My Dog Ate My Homework" have nothing to base it on - at all.

This is when you pull out your Velvet Revolver shirt and say; "At least we got two albums out of them." Where is Thyme?

Axl should reunite with the old guys and make a reunion tour. There is no creativity, and for doing this kind of tours (2006,2008,2010) I think he should do reunite (if the other guys want to reunite, if not retire), because the gigs are tour for nostalgia, and for doing that, do it well and reunite, we don't need hired guns. By the way, I went to a gig last year and it was not bad, but those guys weren't Guns, thos guys where the ego circus drama guys of Axl Rose and his band.

You make no sense. Why should he reunite with some guys he released music with back in the early 90's when he can continue to play with guys he released music with in 2008? And why do you say there is no creativity? Are you basing this on the fact that GN'R hasn't released anything since 2008? That is just silly. We KNOW they have more songs in various states of completion and we KNOW Tommy has hinted that work on a new record will start after this tour.

All you say is Guns fashioned old propaganda. The band has not release any new music since 1991. The one that has release music is Axl with a bunch of mercenaries (the CD credits are ridiculous) with no soul or attitude, that's where it is the lack of creativity. And the gid that I atended last year was 85% of old stuff, practically all AFD was played and just 3,4 songs from CD from a setlist of almost 25 songs. Ridiculous! And finally, if Slash was (or is) a cancer why keeps Axl playing songs that Slash made?, for example WTJ, the main riff is from Slash. I love GNR music even some of CD! but what I don't understand is Axl's dork behaviour....

If you live in the united states, there's a law called 'truth in music', that forbids bands without a significant amount of legitimate members from advertising themselves at that band. if you're confident in what you say, file a lawsuit. Tell ya what, i'll help file the paperwork. I promise.

You're not saying anything new. People have been saying the same thing since like 99. Nobody cares. It IS guns n roses, weather you like it or not. There was a time aerosmith was aerosmith without joe perry. There was a time when black sabbath only had tony iommi as an original member. Metallica only has 50$ of their original line-up, oh and so did the beatles. it seems your a new fan, so maybe you aren't aware, but every day this board has been open someone has said 'this isnt gnr'. it's not funny or clever, and it never has been. and it's impossible to make a claim as to what GNR actually is. There's been too many changes in the line-ups over the years to make a definitive line-up of what is 'really' gnr.

Bands change members. they do. it happens. it was a constant flow of members in and out, since day one. Scarcely was there an occasion where 2 gnr records had the same line up. At one point GNR was Axl, Duff, Paul Tobias, Robin Finck, and Matt Sorum. Was that not GNR? Because really, only one member was different since their last recording, which is pretty business-as-usual for gnr.

It is guns n roses. it just doesn't has a dude in a top hat any more. sorry. and for the record, Axl plays more songs he has credit on than slash has credit on. And izzy wrote a huge huge huge chunk of the older material they play. Considering Izzy helped Axl write a new song, he probably agrees it's guns n roses. And judging by Duff joining Axl on stage, he's probably ok with this being gnr, too. Most everyone that was in GNR knows it's GNR. Why don't you?

You don't have to be happy with the current line-up. that's all personal taste/preference. But it IS gnr. You know it is. You have to. If you don't, by all means, sue 'em. Given these new music advertising laws, you might really have a case. You could tell a judge how these guys don't have the right attitude.

What a great post Dann.

At the end of the day, fans just want new music. Why Axl refuses to release new music is a mystery to his fans. He could shut up 90% of the negative talk by just releasing new music. The best rock singer of my generation has released one album or original music in the last 20 years. That is a tragedy.

This is when you pull out your Velvet Revolver shirt and say; "At least we got two albums out of them." Where is Thyme?

No, because those records suck.

Duff's solo is pretty good, though.

Thyme is probably in a big ProTools project file, on several hard drives, some on a RAID array, and some in a lockbox.

Mystery.

Axl should reunite with the old guys and make a reunion tour. There is no creativity, and for doing this kind of tours (2006,2008,2010) I think he should do reunite (if the other guys want to reunite, if not retire), because the gigs are tour for nostalgia, and for doing that, do it well and reunite, we don't need hired guns. By the way, I went to a gig last year and it was not bad, but those guys weren't Guns, thos guys where the ego circus drama guys of Axl Rose and his band.

You make no sense. Why should he reunite with some guys he released music with back in the early 90's when he can continue to play with guys he released music with in 2008? And why do you say there is no creativity? Are you basing this on the fact that GN'R hasn't released anything since 2008? That is just silly. We KNOW they have more songs in various states of completion and we KNOW Tommy has hinted that work on a new record will start after this tour.

All you say is Guns fashioned old propaganda. The band has not release any new music since 1991. The one that has release music is Axl with a bunch of mercenaries (the CD credits are ridiculous) with no soul or attitude, that's where it is the lack of creativity. And the gid that I atended last year was 85% of old stuff, practically all AFD was played and just 3,4 songs from CD from a setlist of almost 25 songs. Ridiculous! And finally, if Slash was (or is) a cancer why keeps Axl playing songs that Slash made?, for example WTJ, the main riff is from Slash. I love GNR music even some of CD! but what I don't understand is Axl's dork behaviour....

If you live in the united states, there's a law called 'truth in music', that forbids bands without a significant amount of legitimate members from advertising themselves at that band. if you're confident in what you say, file a lawsuit. Tell ya what, i'll help file the paperwork. I promise.

You're not saying anything new. People have been saying the same thing since like 99. Nobody cares. It IS guns n roses, weather you like it or not. There was a time aerosmith was aerosmith without joe perry. There was a time when black sabbath only had tony iommi as an original member. Metallica only has 50$ of their original line-up, oh and so did the beatles. it seems your a new fan, so maybe you aren't aware, but every day this board has been open someone has said 'this isnt gnr'. it's not funny or clever, and it never has been. and it's impossible to make a claim as to what GNR actually is. There's been too many changes in the line-ups over the years to make a definitive line-up of what is 'really' gnr.

Bands change members. they do. it happens. it was a constant flow of members in and out, since day one. Scarcely was there an occasion where 2 gnr records had the same line up. At one point GNR was Axl, Duff, Paul Tobias, Robin Finck, and Matt Sorum. Was that not GNR? Because really, only one member was different since their last recording, which is pretty business-as-usual for gnr.

It is guns n roses. it just doesn't has a dude in a top hat any more. sorry. and for the record, Axl plays more songs he has credit on than slash has credit on. And izzy wrote a huge huge huge chunk of the older material they play. Considering Izzy helped Axl write a new song, he probably agrees it's guns n roses. And judging by Duff joining Axl on stage, he's probably ok with this being gnr, too. Most everyone that was in GNR knows it's GNR. Why don't you?

You don't have to be happy with the current line-up. that's all personal taste/preference. But it IS gnr. You know it is. You have to. If you don't, by all means, sue 'em. Given these new music advertising laws, you might really have a case. You could tell a judge how these guys don't have the right attitude.

dann that was probably the greatest post I've read on here in a long long time. Thing is some people will never be happy with Guns N' Roses unless there is a reunion. Some people will always say this isn't GnR but oh well, I like this lineup and enjoy their shows and cannot wait to see them live. I really just want some new music from them because I feel they'd be amazing.