No more Axl Rose in Rock in Rio, says Medina

Gallagher Rose

SOAD has nothing to do with it. Guns n' Roses was set to play 1:30 AM, and SOAD was asked to play a longer show if they wanted to. They played till 1:10 AM.

The GNR management asked the festival to change the time the band was going to play, a day before. It would be 1:00 AM and they changed to 1:30 AM.

THis guy is a fucking clown. System of a clown was late. Then water pours down the sky like fucking theres no tomorrow. Don't tell me about lateness. I taught they wouldn't even play in these conditions. You are lucky you cunt, that they didn't cancelled the show! He was probably watching the show in a well dried up, heated little salon, yelling :" why arent this guy not on stage?"

Fuck you Medina. Laughable piece of shit!

I agree with you, he's being a total whining douchebag.

(and next year, people will be asking for GNR in RIR again...)

Really?

Wow.

The world doesn't revolve around GnR.

Rio wont fail or suffer in the future if GnR isn't involved.

Rio is/was a great opportunity for GnR. GnR wasnt doing Rio a favor.

A few of you have no idea how the real world works.GnR aren't big enough to burn major bridges any more.

I don't even believe that their saying that Axl was disrespectful. Sure, he should have rehearsed, but the late start was not Axl's, or the bands fault at all. If it wasn't Rock In Rio, they probably wouldn't have played at all seeing as though the rain was making it pretty hard to perform.

System of a Down played a longer set because they were asked to. The only clown is the Axlhole who appeared 2hrs late and left me in the rain after 14hrs of standing. Anyway, I don't even know why I'm complaining, that was so ROCK N' ROLL.

Mehhhhhhhhhhhh.

You people have trouble COUNTING. 1:30 to 2:30 equals 1 hour.

SOAD ended 00:30. Of course I didn't expect them to take so fast, but still took a long time. I don't even care about the delay, it was expected. What I can't believe is that I waited so long to see wrong lyrics and an amateur singer.

Edited by marlon_brando15

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

System of a Down played a longer set because they were asked to. The only clown is the Axlhole who appeared 2hrs late and left me in the rain after 14hrs of standing. Anyway, I don't even know why I'm complaining, that was so ROCK N' ROLL.

Mehhhhhhhhhhhh.

I hope that if I ever have the misfortune of an “off” Axl show I don’t respond like you or Ron Mexico (who hypocritically revert on their positions of pro-Axl entirely).

Mehhhhhhhhhhhh.

You people have trouble COUNTING. 1:30 to 2:30 equals 1 hour.

SOAD ended 00:30. Of course I didn't expect them to take so fast, but still took a long time. I don't even care about the delay, it was expected. What I can't believe is that I waited so long to see wrong lyrics and an amateur singer.

We were watching live.. SOAD ended at 1:08.

Roberto Medina, the man who control the Rock in Rio festival talks about Axl during an interview for today's newspaper Extra:

Medina speaks of disappointment with Elton John and Axl Rose.

■ Do not invite to the same stage Roberto Medina and Elton John and Axl Rose. Just hearing the name of two stars that were exhibited at the Rock in Rio and the Godfather of the biggest music event on the planet will make an ugly face.

"He (Axl) came very late and did not respect the public. The other made a show beyond bureaucratic."

Five days after the last chord guitar sound in Rock City, Medina received the Extra newspaper bar in his office, to take stock of the event and anticipate that Iron Maiden and Bruce Springsteen are guaranteed in 2013.

▬ And Axl Rose? What happened to him this time?

- I found a lack of commitment, respect the public, the huge delay of it (there were more than two hours).

▬ So the two are crossed out of your notebook?

- Ah, yes. And that thing, Axl had connection with the Rock in Rio, but was unfortunate.

• Marlom Brum

• Nilton Carauta

Elton John's thrown his share of tantrums at shows in the past. I don't think Roberto had to have been all that shocked. Just because they agreed to do it doesn't mean they'd make it easy on the organizers.

You're talking about 10 year increments. Who knows what'll happen in 10 years time.

THis guy is a fucking clown. System of a clown was late. Then water pours down the sky like fucking theres no tomorrow. Don't tell me about lateness. I taught they wouldn't even play in these conditions. You are lucky you cunt, that they didn't cancelled the show! He was probably watching the show in a well dried up, heated little salon, yelling :" why arent this guy not on stage?"

Fuck you Medina. Laughable piece of shit!

I agree with you, he's being a total whining douchebag.

(and next year, people will be asking for GNR in RIR again...)

Really?

Wow.

The world doesn't revolve around GnR.

Rio wont fail or suffer in the future if GnR isn't involved.

Rio is/was a great opportunity for GnR. GnR wasnt doing Rio a favor.

A few of you have no idea how the real world works.GnR aren't big enough to burn major bridges any more.

I know GNR isn't as big as it was in the 80's and 90's, cause some member left, it's not normal band that realises new stuff regularly and the concerts never start in time, etc...

But GNR still has a fair amount of fans IMO, cause they're one of the few great rock bands still left nowadays.

And you're probably thinking that I'm talking a lot of bullshit here, but hey, I'm not a Medina fan or a Rio fan or a RIR fan. I'm a GNR fan and I really don't care about where they're playing, as long as they're playing.

I would like to remind you that Medina didn't do so well in organizing the first few days of RIR. :shrugs:

did anyone else think that maybe he wasn't talking about the actual show with being late; but arriving to the venue or maybe rio?

that's kinda what i took,..but oh well who knows, i could care less about this. i have never had any interest in watching or attending rock in rio, so the exclusion (or inclusion) of gnr means nothing to me. the spin some "axl hardliners" put on this will be entertaining to read though...

Funny. Before the show Rio was the ultimate proof that GnR was still an A-list band. But now, Rio and its organizers are a joke and not to be respected. Funny how that works.

i have never had any interest in watching or attending rock in rio, so the exclusion (or inclusion) of gnr means nothing to me. the spin some "axl hardliners" put on this will be entertaining to read though...

Edited by SunnyDRE

Funny. Before the show Rio was the ultimate proof that GnR was still an A-list band. But now, Rio and its organizers are a joke and not to be respected. Funny how that works.

Considering the lineups for each day, you can tell that most of the bands sucked (with a few exceptions), specially the brazilian ones :tongue2: . RIR hasn't set the bar for good ROCK festivals for some time now. IMO they should actually consider changing the name to "Pop In Rio".

Edited by Shooting Star

Considering the lineups for each day, you can tell that most of the bands sucked (with a few exceptions), specially the brazilian ones :tongue2: . RIR hasn't set the bar for good ROCK festivals for some time now. IMO they should actually consider changing the name to "Pop In Rio".

To be fair, pop is a sub-genre of rock.

Never once heard Mmmm Bop and thought "now that's some sweet rock".

Edited by Nintari

Never once heard Mmmm Bop and thought "now that's some sweet rock".

Doesn't change the fact that pop is a sub-genre of rock.