DJ Ashba: "My plan is to release the best GNR album ever. I know we can do it"

Guest Gunns

How naive is DJ Ash ?

He obviously don't know Axl very well :D

Supposed plans went a head for a new album feat. Axl Rose

What ever DJ Ash recorded would have to be re recorded time and time again.

Assuming some songs were finished, Axl would still get other people in. That's what he does.

The finnal product would probably feat. -50% of what DJ ASh put in at tops.

By the time a new album was ready for release, Axl would be too old to perform it live.

The band would have to perform to backing tapes, and the stage would have to feature a 3D hologram of Axl :D

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

The greatest GN’R album ever? Whilst Dj’s enthusiasm is encouraging; this isn’t an intention GN’R should seek to publicize given the expectational consequence.

Axl has a positive studio history with bluesy, simplistic players. I am more optimistic about the reception of an Axl/Dj album that I would be regarding an Axl/Bucket effort.

It's great to hear that a new GNR album is right around the corner.

2lsw6lz.jpg

Why do u and your ilk post daily at a forum of a band that you don't like? I will never understand how people can be so negative all the time.

Bring back Madison. At least she would ban these clowns whose sole forum purpose is to bash Axl and the band.

2lsw6lz.jpg

Why do u and your ilk post daily at a forum of a band that you don't like? I will never understand how people can be so negative all the time.

Bring back Madison. At least she would ban these clowns whose sole forum purpose is to bash Axl and the band.

Its a little more complicated than people liking or not liking the band. A lot of people like the band for what it is, but not everybody takes new music from them so seriously, and seeing DJ Ashba claim they're going to release the best GNR album ever looks so ridiculous and stupid its not even funny.

2lsw6lz.jpg

Its a little more complicated than people liking or not liking the band. A lot of people like the band for what it is, but not everybody takes new music from them so seriously, and seeing DJ Ashba claim they're going to release the best GNR album ever looks so ridiculous and stupid its not even funny.

He never said they were going to do it, he said it's what he wants to achieve. is that overly ambitious or optimistic? of course it is, but what would you have him say? "we want to make an album which isnt quite as good as Appetite for Destruction"?

ps. that picture is hilarious by the way :D

Edited by sturginho

I just hope (and this is just my own personal wish) that there's atleast a few good radio hits this time. That was the biggest hurdle for CD and it really kept it from taking off. I think if you want songs like TWAT and Prostitute on the record, truly epic songs like that, than put them on there but you also need a few 3-4 minute radio friendly hits to go along with them. If you make a record without them it's going to commercially fail even if the music is good and while commercial success in and of itself doesn't personally matter to me it DOES help the band....there's no debating that.

Edited by Nintari

Sweetness I disagree 100%. What do u want the band to shoot for? "I hope we put out a mediocre album." Every band hopes their next album is their best album.

And I'm not talking about fans who are just being critical. I'm talking about the posters who ONLY post negative posts. Every day. Day after day. Month after month. Their sole purpose of posting is to bash Axl. Yes, to do that is childish and pretty pathetic.....but there is a group that does that.

Don't think he meant any offense and was just excited, but there's no reason for an artist to state they are going to create the "biggest and best" album, especially when referencing a catalog with such iconic albums as Appetite and the Illusions. Axl probably had more than enough of that pressure with the making of CD and has finally rid himself of that monkey , so not only does it sound flat out naive and silly for Ashba to say, it's the last thing Axl needs at this point.

Just let your work do the talking and be respectful, not giddy/childish...

DJ Ashba: "My plan is to release the best GNR album ever. I know we can do it"

When? 2021?

That is funny. How did u ever come up with that?

And username has been at the forum for years. I've never heard anybody say that he and maddy were the same person.

is Madison still around? i remember her posting frequently in the old days.

Edited by Madagascar88

Don't think he meant any offense and was just excited, but there's no reason for an artist to state they are going to create the "biggest and best" album, especially when referencing a catalog with such iconic albums as Appetite and the Illusions. Axl probably had more than enough of that pressure with the making of CD and has finally rid himself of that monkey , so not only does it sound flat out naive and silly for Ashba to say, it's the last thing Axl needs at this point.

Just let your work do the talking and be respectful, not giddy/childish...

You do realize this is just rock and roll we are talking about, right? They are not scientists and doctors trying to cure cancer.

Somebody you people are so cynical.

I think EVERY band should try and beat their prior albums. And I'm glad GnR has somebody enthusiastic and willing to accept the challenge. I would hate it if the band was "well appetite was one of the greatest albums ever, so let's not even attempt to match that. Let's just be happy with an average album, full of average songs. Let's not shoot for greatness.Let's settle for average."

I dont know why some of u have to take a negative spin on everything.

I'm glad DJ is optimistic, but we'll see how optimistic he is if, say in 3 years from now there's no new album on the horizon. We'll prob see another Sixx AM album, before a GnR album. And as far as this current lineup just going in and banging out a good 12-14 song album, I just don't see that happening. Hopefully I will be proven wrong.....