GN’R: “We would never seek to intentionally disrespect anyone, especially our fans.”

Guest NGOG

I guess Axl will put the blame on someone else regarding his forgotten lyrics and bad voice. It's always like that. You people have to live in a dream world to believe this bullshit.

I haven't read this whole thread, but to me it doesn't seem like this is anything about being unrehearsed and forgetting lyrics. This is specifically about the start time.

I'm just saying that is always somebody's fault.

Everybody tries to figure out who to blame. Fans included. It's quite annoying, this

blame game. Who to blame for lack of promotion? Who to blame for late starts? Who to blame for the weather being bad?

The only thing that's important, is figuring out who's fault this is. :rofl-lol:

You are to blame! (kidding) It just shouldn't be so damn hard to do a concert tour. Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Keith Urban, Lady Gaga,

The Crue etc.....noone has all these issues. GnR had em before and has em now. Hmmmmmm, what is the same ingredient as before??? It's Dizzys fault!

I don't see the issue with this tour. No shows have been cancelled yet. Ron is holding in there. Axl (who is ALWAYS late, duh) seems to be in a great mood on stage. Estranged is back....

Yea, Rio was a cluster. And now it's over. But the blame game still continues....

Edited by packersnroses

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how people are blaming that one facebook post on the house keepers kid. How do we know it wasn't axl? And even if it wasn't, I'm sure axl has to give the OK before anything gets posted...

But it seems to me the facebook post was very personalized, and straight from the horse's mouth.

Why would he give an OK to 15 posts about women's soccer? At least it is obvious that a lot of stuff posted this last year, completely unrelated to music, was not Axl. I would not think he has such a big sports interest, and if he had a big need to speak on those kind of subjects I think he would have posted SOME of it on his own Twitter.

I think it's a matter of him not realizing the importance of those channels and giving full responsibility to the few people he trusts.

And as for the last post being Axl - nah, if he was to post such a long message we would recognize his style. His loooong sentences for example.

Edited by Changes

I like how people are blaming that one facebook post on the house keepers kid. How do we know it wasn't axl? And even if it wasn't, I'm sure axl has to give the OK before anything gets posted...

But it seems to me the facebook post was very personalized, and straight from the horse's mouth.

Why would he give an OK to 15 posts about women's soccer? At least it is obvious that a lot of stuff posted the last year, completely unrelated to music, was not Axl. I would not think he has such a big sports interest, and if he had a big need to speak on those kind of subjects I think he would have posted SOME of it on his own Twitter.

I think it's a matter of him not realizing the importance of those channels and giving full responsibility to the few people he trusts.

The GnR Facebook is simply Fernando powertrippin'.... I think he feels special by doing so...

I guess Axl will put the blame on someone else regarding his forgotten lyrics and bad voice. It's always like that. You people have to live in a dream world to believe this bullshit.

I haven't read this whole thread, but to me it doesn't seem like this is anything about being unrehearsed and forgetting lyrics. This is specifically about the start time.

I'm just saying that is always somebody's fault.

Ah fair enough, I read your comment wrong within the context of the thread.

Didn't anyone watch Rio though? It's Beta's fault!

Why would he give an OK to 15 posts about women's soccer? At least it is obvious that a lot of stuff posted this last year, completely unrelated to music, was not Axl. I would not think he has such a big sports interest, and if he had a big need to speak on those kind of subjects I think he would have posted SOME of it on his own Twitter.

And as for the last post being Axl - nah, if he was to post such a long message we would recognize his style. His loooong sentences for example.

I'm still assuming that axl has to give the ok. Maybe the house keepers kid asked "hey can I post about soccer?"...axl probably doesn't care about that. But the "going on late" post was directly about guns. Not only that, but it was sending a specific message to the fans. I'm sure, at the very least, axl had to give his ok on that particular post. I personally believe it was him, himself.

I actually think they gave Fernando the responsibility and permission to be in control of the GnR Facebook, allowing him to update it once in a while, just to keep it up to date. His only obligations are to post upcoming concert news and such...

And you pulled that right out of your ass, didn't you?

And you came to that conclusion...why? There's very good amounts of evidence that support my theory. EVERYTHING that's said in this thread particular is just speculation. I'm just trying to come up with the most reasonable theory. Do you have solid proof to disprove it? It's just as valid as anything you could come up with.

We all know axl runs the show. I gotta believe anything specifically posted about HIS BAND, on HIS BAND'S OFFICIAL FACEBOOK PAGE, had to, at the very least, be okayed by him to post. But that's just me. Me and logic like to go hand in hand.

Please present this "evidence". If it came from Axl's twitter, then yes. I highly doubt Axl is monitoring Facebook and Twitter when they update post during concerts.

Your theory is only reasonable in your own mind. Funny how what Facebook says and what the actual publicist said are quite contradicting. I wonder which one Axl's behind.

Guys, it seems that the reason the publicist felt a need to issue a statement is twofold;

First, they went on much later than usual, even for GNR. They go on late by your standards consistently, but 230 am is late even in their opinion. To them, they were late. If they had gone on at 1, no statement.

Also, this was a huge, public concert which a lot of people paid attention to. The smaller venues are for specific GNR fans who (you would think) know what they are in for. Axl's gonna hit the stage around midnight and rock you for 2-plus hours. Nothing to apologize for there.

All this bullshit about how it's disrespectful to the fans is just dumb. People beg for a band to come to town, then insist on a certain venue or day of the week or opening act or setlist or start time.... get a life. Watch some videos from the 80's and stay home so there is more room at the foot of the stage for those of us willing to eschew convention and go see the band that we love.

It might not have been axl himself, but I don't think he would let the housekeepers kid just write whatever he wants to the fans. There's gotta be some boundaries of what can and can't be said. I'm betting that post is one of those things that just can't be said without axl giving some kind of thumbs up.

But there has been such stupid posts over the year. Like acknowledging every fucking holiday in the world. I just don't think that a) Axl would have the interest to write all of that. If he did, he would also post on his own Twitter once in a while, and b ) it's too stupid to come from some kind of professional.

Edited by Changes

It might not have been axl himself, but I don't think he would let the housekeepers kid just write whatever he wants to the fans. There's gotta be some boundaries of what can and can't be said. I'm betting that post is one of those things that just can't be said without axl giving some kind of thumbs up.

It's not like it's a bad statement to make - not like the guy said "Fuck everybody, eat my shit, love Axl."

He tried to put an edgy spin on a bad show, it's not a big deal.

I don't think either statement is bad to be honest. The only problem I see is they kinda contradict each other. Should have just made the first statement and left it at that.

At this point I think the best thing for Axl and co. to do is leave it alone. I would let Bumble and the other guys "spin" it in their future interviews and and never address it (Rio) again myself.

All this bullshit about how it's disrespectful to the fans is just dumb. People beg for a band to come to town, then insist on a certain venue or day of the week or opening act or setlist or start time.... get a life. Watch some videos from the 80's and stay home so there is more room at the foot of the stage for those of us willing to eschew convention and go see the band that we love.

it's not the start time that is being taken as disrespectful, it's 1) axl's piss poor attitude at Rio, and 2) the band's response to the start time criticism, which was "if you don't like it, don't come." this is all about ATTITUDE.

and stop acting like a white knight around here, it's clear you have no idea who you're talking to, or what you're talking about... you're just trying to appear holier than thou

But there has been such stupid posts over the year. Like acknowledging every fucking holiday in the world. I just don't think that a) Axl would have the interest to write all of that. If he did, he would also post on his own Twitter once in a while, and b ) it's too stupid to come from some kind of professional.

True. But none of them really are a specific message about a specific matter to the fans. I'm up in the air about whether or not axl wrote it himself, but I also don't see him just letting the housekeepers kid write something that direct without some kind of approval. Whether or not it's bad is up to perspective. But one thing we all seem to agree on is that the statements contradict each other.

I'm thinking that if the housekeeper's kid had gotten used to the freedom, maybe he thought it was OK. But it is also obvious it could as well have been Axl's sentiments to begin with. Which is also a reason I think it could have been Fernando who wrote it without any kind of permission; because he grew up in all this madness, probably taught Axl was right.

Actions speak louder than words. What statement do you really think they stand behind? That's why I think axl was more behind the first statement...

But you have to wonder, who would have corrected Axl afterwards? He has no proper management after all....

Guest ben9785

Nice for them to reach out.. But I think this is more of a response to press circulating regarding the show rather than in reassurance to the fans. I appreciate the circumstances regarding the Rio show. However, particularly in comparison to the message posted on Facebook, it doesn't really address the other circumstances where GN'R have been late and resulted in grievances from the fans and local radio etc. Doesn't bother me but just offering my opinion.

All in all, that Rio show was well over a week ago now, so no matter how badly people want to pick at it, it's already happened and gone into the past. If the subsequent tour was cancelled that would be another story but at least it's still moving along.

Would have preferred a comment from a publicist about a new album.. but can't have it all..

Edited by ben9785

I was a part of the UYI Tour as some of ya know. I can tell ya first hand that rain can cause some very serious delays. Water weight on the front truss, power cabling, boards and light rigs, pyro and of course slippery conditions caused by water build-up on the stage surface. SOAD did have a huge production and it can take a lot of time to remove safely when there is water involved. Take it for what it's worth. Fact is.. G N' Rdid play an extended set instead of just going home.

True fans wiill support this. All of u plastic gunners will find a way to bitch. Let's begin /m\