Funny Axl

Kosonen

Reunion or no reunion, slash or no slash, album or no album, the guy's charisma is unquestionable. It's the reasons why all of us, including the haters, are here and drawn to him. It just makes you wonder sometimes, why he isn't out there doing all that he can? He could be bigger than Mick Jagger, Ozzie or Bono. What's stopping him?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reunion or no reunion, slash or no slash, album or no album, the guy's charisma is unquestionable. It's the reasons why all of us, including the haters, are here and drawn to him. It just makes you wonder sometimes, why he isn't out there doing all that he can? He could be bigger than Mick Jagger, Ozzie or Bono. What's stopping him?

There's very few genuine and nice media people out there - too many arseholes who have nothing better to do thatn write shit. I don't blame Axl for avoiding the media and public. As long as he's happy is the main thing.

Thanks for posting the video OP - always great to see him smile and be happy...

This really touched my heart. He was being very friendly and that was something I would NEVER expect from him. He talked about Slash, he put a great smile on that story and he knows that deep inside, the time he spent with the old band was THE BEST! Fuckin' great to watch something like this. And the best part is that he was being like this with fans. Another good one uncle Axl. :thumbsup:

This really touched my heart. He was being very friendly and that was something I would NEVER expect from him.

People tend to interpret Axl as this huge VILLAIN or this huge HERO while he's just another human being with complex personality like all of us, bad sides and good sides in more or less harmony. The problem is since he is so rarely in the media fans tend to imagine how he is based on the few sides he decides to show us, and extrapolate from that; and since people are stupid we end up thinking black/white, good/evil, genius/loser, villain/hero, leading to absurd caricatures of how he really is. And then fans get really surprised when Axl makes a rare appearance in media (e.g. the Eddie Trunk show, or his bashing of Slash) and THEIR expectations turn out to be wrong because he doesn't act the way they had figured he would.

I'd so like to empty that bottle of Jack with him and just listen to his stories, I wish he was this nice and relaxed on stage, really cool vibe.

When it comes to performing in front of crowds, a lot of people can't be cool and chill about it, esp. a rock concert where your energy is a big part of the show. If the show goes off without a hitch, then you get him in an excellent mood.

To me, if you want perfection, festival shows, esp. outdoor shows, aren't the place to do it, because a lot of things are out of your control. But if you deliver a shitty performance, it's going to be discussed for a while.

I do think GNR need to record a show for TV just because the You Tube mix isn't going to be the same as what you'd hear at the show. Even if it's just a one hour concert, with most of the ChiDem songs and a couple of the older ones. We already know there's pro shot HD footage, but then they'd have to decide whether to take from different shows, or from one show.

My other wish list would've been for a 86-93 era DVD, just taking the different performances and news footage. I'm sure Classic Albums has tried to get GNR to do Appetite for a documentary, and I think with the 25th around the corner, should have one in the works, even if it's self-produced, which is what Springsteen did for Born To Run & Darkness.

A couple of things, from what i've *heard* about Beta I honestly don't think she would intentionally drive Axl away from his fans, they probably just had to get going. Mind you, I'm not really a supporter either way of the "Beta & Co management" because the only interaction i've personally ever had was when Fernando and I got into an argument on here.

And secondly I just think Axl was telling a story, would've been the same if it were about Bax or anyone else from Axl life. But I do have to admit that it is nice to see Axl just talk about slash without him acting like "Oh here we go again, another idiot asking me about slash" it was just very laid back. Pretty awesome.

That was great! It's also cool that there was a bit of implied self depreciation (him following Slash to pick up his leftovers etc).

If he was able to talk nicely about Slash, then that shows he's not this super angry at Slash guy in the way that people seem to believe.

I guess the best solution is to get them in a room together with a little bit of alcohol and maybe they can improve the relationship. Reunion or not, that would be a good thing.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Then the way the conversation ends is really awkward, just a walk away nobody saying goodbye or thanks

I think Axl merely moved to another part of the bar/café. They probably met him several times after.

That scream depicting the girl’s reaction was sublime.

sb transcribed it on YT

0:04 "and it was great because he would pass out and piss his pants and then I would get to be with the girl" 0:34 "no, because he usually had just met them" (ie slash did not have an existing relationship with these girls)

0:43: "he would be embasissed that he had pissed his bed, so he didn't care about the girl" (that axl had left with her)

0:52 "like he says it in his book like it happened once, but no, it happened everytime, all the time"

lol @ Slash

I gotta be the only one who watches this and feels bad

Really? About what?

Axl's remembering fondly those times with Slash yet he claims to hate the guy at the same time

Then the way the conversation ends is really awkward, just a walk away nobody saying goodbye or thanks

That probably wasn't filmed. There was a bit of a language barrier thing going on as well.

This really touched my heart. He was being very friendly and that was something I would NEVER expect from him. He talked about Slash, he put a great smile on that story and he knows that deep inside, the time he spent with the old band was THE BEST! Fuckin' great to watch something like this. And the best part is that he was being like this with fans. Another good one uncle Axl. :thumbsup:

That's something you'd never expect from him? wtf. I encourage you to search for other videos and photos: many of them found on this site. I've seen tons of photos of him taking pics with fans, and I've seen footage of fans mobbing him in lobbies and he quietly signs autographs with cameras clicking and flashing away.

Sometimes people forget that your perception of him is formed from mostly media sources (and assholes on the internet). Reality trumps perception.

In any event, Axl's a redhead. Everyone knows gingers have fiery tempers. But that doesn't mean he's fired up all the time about anything and everything.

Glorified, vilified, treated as super human, or subhuman, but rarely just human. And that's what Axl is: a human being.