Funny Axl

Kosonen

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man i feel bad for axl. Such a hateful life he leads.

What the fuck are you talking about?

He's talking about Slash without being bitter or hateful towards him, and he seemed to be very happy and was having fun. He told a funny story and everybody loved it. This is the kind of Axl that has been buried and washed away by the media because the media wants you to believe Axl is this bipolar, narcissist that is a recluse and hate's his fans. But, the man is a normal human being like everybody else and does like to hang out with his fans, sign autographs, and take pictures.

Out of all the fan interaction videos I've seen of Axl over the past ten+ years he does seem the happiest here. It's sort of funny to me that you usually see Axl right pissed off but in this vid, where he's making fun of Slash and people are laughing, he can't stop talking! lol. It's not the sort of story you tell about an old friend, that's for sure. It was just Axl making fun of Slash and making himself seem like the bigger man...

This vid shows you why the media portrays Axl the way they do, not why they have it wrong. Why can't we ever get a video of Axl enjoying himself with fans without the spite? The spite doesn't seem to leave.

How was Axl making fun of Slash? He said Slash would pass out then he would get his girl, I have no clue how someone can interpret that as "making fun." Slash even talked about it in his book. He didn't mention anything of Slash's current music career, looks, or bash him and call him a "cancer," he just told a story about things what happened 15 years ago.

Oh wait, Axl told it, never mind. I should remember that this forum has it's band of cupcakes and pessimist who bash Axl Rose and New GN'R to no end.

I liked that video. It showed Axl in a really good light.

He was talking about Slash, and there was no bitterness.

Just a story. A Jack Daniels story.

-

..could it be.. could Axl be over Slash, ready to forgive, in the light that Slash is playing so well these days.

Dare I menion the word *reunion* - oops, I already did! :D

Edited by star

Wish I could come around then Bobbo and Dre!

But I see this as a dude joking about (making fun of) a guy he used to know saying he stole his girls and focusing on the embarrassing aspects of the guy. I'm glad he wasn't my friend! lol. I'd be pissed if my buddy followed me around all night ("all the time") to try and steal my girls when I was drunk. Reminiscing? Nah, making fun. If it meant there was a bridge starting to be built between the two that would be great but you know Slash will read this and get embarrassed and the divide grows and grows.

The last bit about the whiskey was cool.

I agree with Del. http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/59864 Axl got the intended result.

I liked that video. It showed Axl in a really good light.

He was talking about Slash, and there was no bitterness.

Just a story. A Jack Daniels story.

-

..could it be.. could Axl be over Slash, ready to forgive, in the light that Slash is playing so well these days.

Dare I menion the word *reunion* - oops, I already did! :D

That's exactly what I felt. Kinda like if he remembered that story and laughs not in a bitter way, but like if he cherishes those memories. Like I said before, I hope this is what happens if, someday, they meet up. Just have a talk about the old days, laugh a bit at themselves, taking it lightly.

Wish I could come around then Bobbo and Dre!

But I see this as a dude joking about (making fun of) a guy he used to know saying he stole his girls and focusing on the embarrassing aspects of the guy. I'm glad he wasn't my friend! lol. I'd be pissed if my buddy followed me around all night ("all the time") to try and steal my girls when I was drunk. Reminiscing? Nah, making fun. If it meant there was a bridge starting to be built between the two that would be great but you know Slash will read this and get embarrassed and the divide grows and grows.

The last bit about the whiskey was cool.

I agree with Del. http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/59864 Axl got the intended result.

Like he thought anybody was gonna spin it the way he wanted it if he really was out to hurt Slash in the press.

A shame it made the news... I don't know if he knew he was being filmed, but if he wasn't, imagine to get that headline in your face. Might result in him talking even less in the future.

Out of all the fan interaction videos I've seen of Axl over the past ten+ years he does seem the happiest here. It's sort of funny to me that you usually see Axl right pissed off but in this vid, where he's making fun of Slash and people are laughing, he can't stop talking! lol. It's not the sort of story you tell about an old friend, that's for sure. It was just Axl making fun of Slash and making himself seem like the bigger man...

This vid shows you why the media portrays Axl the way they do, not why they have it wrong. Why can't we ever get a video of Axl enjoying himself with fans without the spite? The spite doesn't seem to leave.

That's exactly the kind of story old friends tell about each other. That's the kind of story family members tell about each other just to give them shit. It's like your brother telling a story of the time you got caught jerking off when you bring your new girlfriend to the family for the first time. I think it is ridiculous that anyone thinks Axl sits around all day being consumed with rage for Slash like it is the only thing he can think about. He probably doesn't even think about the current band unless he has a show that day. He does have a life outside of Slash and GNR. He talked the same way about Izzy on stage in 2002 and it was nice to hear then, too. A great portion of his life stories involve Slash. Just because it ended bad doesn't mean he can't look back fondly on the good times. Someone said it was similar to your dad telling a great story about your mom when they've been divorced for years. Obviously it didn't end well, but that doesn't mean the good times become bad times. I have a hard time believing that there is any legitimate anger left in either guy. I agree that if they ran into each other it would all melt away. The issues are still there, but I really doubt the emotions are.

That's exactly the kind of story old friends tell about each other. That's the kind of story family members tell about each other just to give them shit. It's like your brother telling a story of the time you got caught jerking off when you bring your new girlfriend to the family for the first time. I think it is ridiculous that anyone thinks Axl sits around all day being consumed with rage for Slash like it is the only thing he can think about. He probably doesn't even think about the current band unless he has a show that day. He does have a life outside of Slash and GNR. He talked the same way about Izzy on stage in 2002 and it was nice to hear then, too. A great portion of his life stories involve Slash. Just because it ended bad doesn't mean he can't look back fondly on the good times. Someone said it was similar to your dad telling a great story about your mom when they've been divorced for years. Obviously it didn't end well, but that doesn't mean the good times become bad times. I have a hard time believing that there is any legitimate anger left in either guy. I agree that if they ran into each other it would all melt away. The issues are still there, but I really doubt the emotions are.

This to a tee.

When you get older this type of stuff is fun to reminisce and laugh about; I bet a million bucks if Slash watches the video, he'll laugh in a good way...

+1

+1

+ 2

So the media is spinning this one as negatively as possible...

Josie on Edge102 in Toronto was on about this "horrible" video on the net of Axl making fun of Slash, and how he's a meanie, and does it because he's fat.

I kid you not, that was her perspective. Don't know if she even actually watched it because she barely seemed to know what was up with it. Then made a hypocrite of herself.

So the media is spinning this one as negatively as possible...

Josie on Edge102 in Toronto was on about this "horrible" video on the net of Axl making fun of Slash, and how he's a meanie, and does it because he's fat.

I kid you not, that was her perspective. Don't know if she even actually watched it because she barely seemed to know what was up with it. Then made a hypocrite of herself.

Exactly. Croatian TV station has it in the news section of their website: Axl dissed Slash, bla, bla, bla. A reader gets the impression that Axl is the meanest and grossest man alive

The worst part is when he says "If Slash was with a hot girl I would go 'okay I guess I'll go out with the boys tonight'". So he had every intention of stealing Slash's girl at the time. That's not exactly the kind of story you tell about an old friend...

But see, Slash didn't really care, otherwise he would've complained about it in his book.

At face value, sure, what Axl said could be considered a diss, but the way he said it and stuff... It really wasn't. It's more like chuckling about the ridiculous times in your life.

The worst part is when he says "If Slash was with a hot girl I would go 'okay I guess I'll go out with the boys tonight'". So he had every intention of stealing Slash's girl at the time. That's not exactly the kind of story you tell about an old friend...

But see, Slash didn't really care, otherwise he would've complained about it in his book.

At face value, sure, what Axl said could be considered a diss, but the way he said it and stuff... It really wasn't. It's more like chuckling about the ridiculous times in your life.

I always got the impression that Adler was the biggest hit with the girls, and Slash wasn't far behind. Izzy was best in bed, and Sorum had the biggest tool. Poor old Axl, he seemed to have the most issues.

I always got the impression that Adler was the biggest hit with the girls, and Slash wasn't far behind. Izzy was best in bed, and Sorum had the biggest tool. Poor old Axl, he seemed to have the most issues.

Do you have the capability to think before posting?

Ya... how she (she, right?) even knows that is sort of fucked.

To the bold part that was in response to me. I don't really think this is a big deal, not that my opinion changed it's just no biggie, so this will be my last post about this. The part in bold says Slash would have talked about it in his book. First, what an assumption! Second, Axl was saying Slash was like passed out drunk I seriously doubt he ever knew Axl sneaked in after the fact and stuck the chick. Third, the main point, I seriously doubt Slash knew Axl would decide to go out with the guys just because Slash had a hot girl with him, whom Axl's point of going out with the guys was to steal that girl.

Fair enough. We don't really know.

It's just the way Axl told the story (and how he was kinda poking fun at his own sloppy seconds self) led me to believe otherwise, I guess.

Slash talks quite a lot about pissing his pants in his book, so I think he just considers it to be rock n' roll and nothing to feel bad about :) good to see Axl in a good mood like this, but my guess is that he didn't expect for this to get out on the web (ofc the camera was there, but still). I'd be hesitant to speak at all if I knew that every story I tell might be added to my criminal record!

So Slash is apparently doing TMS tomorrow. I wonder if he will be asked about this.

If I was to guess Slash will laugh it off and say it was all true what Axl said....can't see him getting worked up over it

Why would anybody get worked up over it?

I find it sad and stupid that the media has turned this subtle, normal chat with fans into a bitter rage again Slash. It's stuff like this that is the reason Axl never does interviews or talk shows, everything he does, or says will be turned around in a hostile manor and made to make Axl look evil and cruel. When, judging by the video, he's just hanging out with some fans telling a story about Slash, a story Slash mentions in his book.