Slash/Myles album update thread - Release Date May 22nd 2012

Naupis

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool foto.

Is Myles permanent rhythm guitarist now?

I hope so. Don't like that other dudes hair.

No, they are supposedly auditioning rhythm guitarists right now. I am sure Myles will play on his own songs, but they are bringing in another guy.

"The next couple of days we are filming the band playing the album for a special, high tech, interactive video to be released down the road."

That was from Todd.

Slash said on his twitter they are rehearsing the whole album for a video right now.

That will be fucking awesome to have a live video of them playing the album all the way through.

I love how Slash is so 21st century about his approach to his music right now. I loved the live concert recordings he was doing, and now this album video project. He is doing alot of cool stuff for the fans.

Was Bobby a good singer or was that the bass player?

Either way, I hope they find a good replacement.

Slash wouldn't want the frontman to play guitar. He has never been comfortable with the lead singer playing guitar even if it is only rythmn.

Edited by BirdCatcher

Was Bobby a good singer or was that the bass player?

Either way, I hope they find a good replacement.

Slash wouldn't want the frontman to play guitar. He has never been comfortable with the lead singer playing guitar even if it is only rythmn.

Todd the Bass player is the one with the really good voice.

I would just assume have Myles help write and play his parts.. I am thinking they will probably get a touring guitarist though. But who knows.. Maybe ther willt tour as a four man band. That would still be pretty cool. This really sound sliek it should be a Slash and Myles album rather than a "Slash" album.

I would just assume have Myles help write and play his parts.. I am thinking they will probably get a touring guitarist though. But who knows.. Maybe ther willt tour as a four man band. That would still be pretty cool. This really sound sliek it should be a Slash and Myles album rather than a "Slash" album.

I'm pretty sure Perla tweeted that they were auditioning guitarists for the touring band, so it looks like they are filling Bobby's spot.

I'm thinking Myles will play on the new stuff and anything they do that he played on in the last tour (ie rise today, nothing to say) then he'll be just fronting for the rest of the GnR/VR/Snakepit stuff they do.

not really news but it does confirm it, also his facebook page says he won't be touring with them

My link

Your link is broken but here is a fixed one:

Click Here

Nothing we didn't already know I suppose. I'd be curious to find out the reason why. Maybe they just didn't get along or something.

Losing him is not really that big a deal. He was cool with the live band, but he had no part of the creative for this album, so he may have just wanted to move on.

Part of having Myles on for the album was he would be doing the rhythm stuff for the record (and probably those songs live). I doubt Myles would have been as enthused about the project if he was strictly singing.

He is a killer guitar player, and Slash would have been a fool not to use him for that on the record. If it meant losing Bobby, it was OK because they can always get someone else to cover the stuff he was playing during the world tour.

not really news but it does confirm it, also his facebook page says he won't be touring with them

My link

Your link is broken but here is a fixed one:

Click Here

Nothing we didn't already know I suppose. I'd be curious to find out the reason why. Maybe they just didn't get along or something.

I don't know the reason behind Bobby leaving but he and Slash have been friends for years.