The SONGS that the 2011 setlists really MISS

D..

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Axl did not sing those songs on UYI tours, he is not going to sing them now on the CD tour.

The outro to Civil War is gay. What a dumb way to kill that song by going all blues-rock. I think that's why Axl doesn't want to sing that song.

What do you mean? They didn't change anything aside from pick up the tempo to double time. Aside from the tempo increase, the progression is the same as the regular chorus. No different than the end of Paradise City, although I do get where you're coming from that perhaps this wasn't the style of song where it fit. I like it though, and I could totally see Ron owning it.

"So Fine" is a song where I always thought the double time sections sounded totally out of place.

I'll tell you what are the songs that these setlists miss, and I'll only allow people with good tastes in this topic :rofl-lol:

Let's be real honest, here are the songs that we'd all love to hear:

1) Coma (i was astonished that everybody knew the lyrics in norway and how it was everyone's favourite song!)

2) There Was a Time

3) Prostitute

4) Catcher in the Rye

5) I.R.S.

6) Sailing

That's ALL we want, let it be on rotation, whatever. People are fed up with "live and let die" and "knockin on heaven's door" bullshit.

Don't bring back "if the world" ever. Worst song on CD. Same for Riad, don't bring those fuckers back.

The songs in this list are top notch choices from people with fine test. I'm being objective here :chef:

Hmmmphhhh....

Two words.

CIVIL WAR

2) There Was a Time

6) Sailing

These, off your list. I never want to see Prostitute live, it was a disaster. I don't think Coma would ever be a remotely real possibility. I couldn't care less about Catcher without Brian May, and IMO, IRS is kinda bland live.

Oh My God trumps all for me. That song NEEDS to be played live again! Silkworms and Riad would be nice too.

Edited by Powerage5

I'd love to hear Breakdown, Don't Damn Me, Civil War, etc. But since this should be an exercise in realism, I am going to limit my list to only songs that the new band has played, at least once.

These should be, if not staples, at least played frequently:

1 - There Was a Time

2 - Catcher in the Rye

3 - Used to Love Her

4 - Oh My God

5 - Shackler's Revenge

6 - Sailing

And if we're not being realistic, I will simply say, "why let one bad apple spoil the whole damn bunch?"

If I had it my way, they'd perform the whole of 'Chinese Democracy' every night but I'm also a semi-realistic person. 'TWAT', 'Catcher', and 'Prostitute' are obviously the heavy hitters we all wanna hear, and at least, the 3 should be roated nightly. But 'Shackler' and 'IRS' should definitely be staples, and I say drop 'It's So Easy', 'Mr. Brownstone', and 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door' in favor of those, plus yes, 'If the World'. When they did it live and turned it into like a 6 minute long funk jam, it was AMAZING. Axl really pulled out some amazing vocals. But yes, above all, 'Shackler's Revenge' should be played every night. Hell, play it twice a night...

I'll tell you what are the songs that these setlists miss, and I'll only allow people with good tastes in this topic :rofl-lol:

Let's be real honest, here are the songs that we'd all love to hear:

1) Coma (i was astonished that everybody knew the lyrics in norway and how it was everyone's favourite song!)

2) There Was a Time

3) Prostitute

4) Catcher in the Rye

5) I.R.S.

6) Sailing

That's ALL we want, let it be on rotation, whatever. People are fed up with "live and let die" and "knockin on heaven's door" bullshit.

Don't bring back "if the world" ever. Worst song on CD. Same for Riad, don't bring those fuckers back.

The songs in this list are top notch choices from people with fine test. I'm being objective here :chef:

roughly translates to:

My opinion is better than your opinion!

Just change the setlist up from night to night. It drives me nuts that people say "great setlist tonight!" when they play the same songs EVERY night in almost the exact same order.

Hell, even two years ago, the setlist was much richer with CD songs. On this tour, they've dropped a bunch of those they used to play regularly, and added two AC/DC covers. WTF?

In a perfect world, I'd love if they copied what Springsteen or PJ do. One night you might hear Estranged, the next night they'd add Civil War etc. etc. It'd make every show just a little more special.

Just change the setlist up from night to night. It drives me nuts that people say "great setlist tonight!" when they play the same songs EVERY night in almost the exact same order.

Hell, even two years ago, the setlist was much richer with CD songs. On this tour, they've dropped a bunch of those they used to play regularly, and added two AC/DC covers. WTF?

In a perfect world, I'd love if they copied what Springsteen or PJ do. One night you might hear Estranged, the next night they'd add Civil War etc. etc. It'd make every show just a little more special.

Yeah, I personally think that's what they're planning to do in the US tour or something... Remember the pre-show official RiR setlist? They've rehearsed tons of songs, so they're ready to play TWAT, ITW, Shackler's, OMG, Think About You, Nice Boys, tons of songs, it's just up to Axl to say "Let's do this, boys".

Coma is a masterpiece but Axl could barely sing it in the 90's (not really a fault of his own, it's a tough song) he did fantastically but the amount of endurance you need to do that song justice is insane and if he's not at the height of his vocal powers I can't see him pulling that one off.