The SONGS that the 2011 setlists really MISS

D..

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone please explain to me, why does anyone want to hear Prostitute live again? It sounded like shit in Osaka/Tokyo. Might be a great song on the album, but if they can't play it great live, it shouldn't be played at all live.

Completely agree.

The band can sure play Prostitute. There is too much talent in the band to not be able to play any of the songs from CD.

Prostitute is just a very difficult song to sing live. The studio version is a freakin' masterpiece and its amazing that they were able to record it like that at all!

If Axl felt like he could do a good job performing the song, he would. But he knows how much energy that song requires to sing justly. Axl knows his limitations.

If on any given night he feels like he has it to sing it, I'm sure he will sing it.

Someone please explain to me, why does anyone want to hear Prostitute live again? It sounded like shit in Osaka/Tokyo. Might be a great song on the album, but if they can't play it great live, it shouldn't be played at all live.

Edited by gnrfan2007

As for music, I listen to a lot of stuff and while I agree AC/DC have some great hits, they don't have an almost flawless album, same goes for Metallica, while CD is near perfect.

Don't bring back "if the world" ever. Worst song on CD. Same for Riad, don't bring those fuckers back.

Make your mind up son! ;)

Near perfect. 2 songs not perfect. Rest of the album is perfect. I didn't contradict myself. But nice try :D

If The World is a 5/5 for me you just don't hear many songs like it. Axl sounds incredible and the guitars are immense with all their subtle simplicity and enjoy the noodles opening and closing the track in equal measure with the solo that arrives like a freight train. The lyrics give it a dreamy vague feel too, really nice to take you away for a couple minutes.