Loaded to open shows!

VillageGorillaHead

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really it seems axl has the relationship to behave himself at the RnR Hall of Fame with Izzy, Duff, and Stephen and play a couple songs. That's 4/5's of the original band. One has to wonder if for one night and only briefly could Axl and Slash get along enough to do a quick set. Slash has also said himself he doesn't want a Van Halen sort of fiasco. Granted even though that sounds simple enough, nothing is simple with GN'R. But if Water and Gilmour can do it...

Really it seems axl has the relationship to behave himself at the RnR Hall of Fame with Izzy, Duff, and Stephen and play a couple songs. That's 4/5's of the original band. One has to wonder if for one night and only briefly could Axl and Slash get along enough to do a quick set. Slash has also said himself he doesn't want a Van Halen sort of fiasco. Granted even though that sounds simple enough, nothing is simple with GN'R. But if Water and Gilmour can do it...

I highly doubt it. Even though it would be really cool, and there definitely is a chance of Axl and Slash both showing up I doubt they would be able to put their differences aside enough to perform with each other again.

Plus even if they do miraculously find a way to get along during the RRHOF, wouldn't they need to rehearse and make sure everyone has their gear to play? If Axl and Slash aren't planning on doing anything it would be logistically impossible to set everything up for all of them to perform that day anyway

So it's TRUE ... the *only* guy Axl has issues with is Slash!

Slash must have done something very very terrible and :drevil: to piss Axl off!

:D

Or rather both of them have yet to resolve conflicts that they both are a part of and that both could have handled better.

This is a great thing. Duff could probably help ease Axl's anger toward slash.

They don't have to be buddies. But it would be cool if Axl could just forgive slash.

How cool would it be if Axl, slash, Duff and Izzy collaborated on one song in the future.

They don't have to be buddies. But it would be cool if Axl could just forgive slash.

How cool would it be if Axl, slash, Duff and Izzy collaborated on one song in the future.

Yeah that would be really cool! Didn't Marc Canter say that Axl was going to have Slash on 1 or 2 songs on CD back in 01-02 if he apologized? I'll have to find the quote to make sure that's accurate but I remember him saying something to that effect

My thoughts exactly. There doesn't need to be a reunion, but it'd be so amazing if they could all have a nice friendship again.

I don't know if I like the idea of a founding member of a band opening for a new cover version.

Particularly in a case such as this. It would feel weird, even if I'd like to see Loaded.

Well as long as Duff and Axl want to do it, what you think doesn't really matter.

So it's TRUE ... the *only* guy Axl has issues with is Slash!

Slash must have done something very very terrible and :drevil: to piss Axl off!

:D

Or rather both of them have yet to resolve conflicts that they both are a part of and that both could have handled better.

The whole Axl/Slash rift still makes no sense to me. I mean, Izzy seemed to have slagged off Axl just as bad to the press after he left GnR but they managed to reconcile since then.

LOL. Axl & Slash will never be friends again, let's forget about that.

It's cool that Duff legitimates this version of GNR by opening for them. THIS is awesome!

I don't see any sign in it, neither did I see a sign when Izzy played with NuGNR!

It is REALLY, REALLY awkward for Duff to open for GnR.... he is part of GnR.... Of course it's awesome, 'cause Loaded is awesome and all...but.... I wonder how Duff feels about this... it's like "I'm the opening act for something I was once a part of and helped build" really strange...

I think some of you are overreacting to this. Is it always wrong for an artist to open for a former band? Imagine an artist who chooses to quit to do something new and then opens for the old band, which he is on good terms with, to present the new project to the old fans. Would that be wrong or great promotion? I think great promotion.

And I think this is comparable if Duff feels like he is not in GN'R cause he doesn't want to, and if that is not because he was chased away by Axl. If he's simply moved on it's a great way to publicity.

Plus, I don't think Duff is nearly as melodramatic about GN'R as the fans. For him it's simply another lifetime.