SPIN: Inside Axl Rose's First TV Interview in Over a Decade

auad

the new lineup deserves respect.

Yes, this new band is fucking amazing.

Maybe Axl will do what Kiss did for awhile. When the tour ends, and Slash and Duff are available maybe they'll do a few dates with the original lineup. It worked for Kiss for awhile and then they realized the newer members were better since Ace still was drinking or drugging or whatever and Peter CRiss too.

It would be cool to see the original GNR members, but after seeing the new GNR, it's not a priority for me anymore.

It would be cool to see all of them accept the Hall of Fame induction and play a song or two, but it's all up to them. I will respect anything they decide to do.

The best thing about the interview - all the stuff about Slash :D

Dude you suck! lol

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Axl will do what Kiss did for awhile. When the tour ends, and Slash and Duff are available maybe they'll do a few dates with the original lineup. It worked for Kiss for awhile and then they realized the newer members were better since Ace still was drinking or drugging or whatever and Peter CRiss too.

It would be cool to see the original GNR members, but after seeing the new GNR, it's not a priority for me anymore.

It would be cool to see all of them accept the Hall of Fame induction and play a song or two, but it's all up to them. I will respect anything they decide to do.

Dude you suck! lol

Yeah, at this point thinking about Reunion is stupid IMO. The new band is not my favorite and it will never be (because I'm an old fan) but I think they're doing great, they just became a pretty solid band so there's no point to be throwing that out for Slash and Duff or whatever. I just want Axl and Slash to get along, that's all for me. I won't be seeing Guns N' Roses as the most dangerous band in the world but it's not their fault. Axl is doing great, Slash is doing great so I don't care about reunion. I'm very thankful for what they did in the past, but it's over now, it's fuckin' 2011 lol. :shocked:

Edited by pi2loc

Dude you suck! lol

Yeah, at this point thinking about Reunion is stupid IMO. The new band is not my favorite and it will never be (because I'm an old fan) but I think they're doing great, they just became a pretty solid band so there's no point to be throwing that out for Slash and Duff or whatever. I just want Axl and Slash to get along, that's all for me. I won't be seeing Guns N' Roses as the most dangerous band in the world but it's not their fault. Axl is doing great, Slash is doing great so I don't care about reunion. I'm very thankful for what they did in the past, but it's over now, it's fuckin' 2011 lol. :shocked:

He was asked about CD, not about the band itself.

But nice try hombre.

You can't throw a bunch of guys together after a 15 year absence and expect the magic to still be there. Music doesn't work that way

And the guys in the current GnR lineup have dedicated a lot of their professional careers to Axl, it would be pretty crappy of him to toss them to the side now.

It is also obvious the musical styles of all ex players has evolved into different beasts than in 1992. Velvet Revolver imo was pretty generic rock without much substance. Slashs solo album shows he wants to do the safe old school rock route. I don't see Axl ever wanting to go back down that path. And I don't imagine Slash wanting to do songs like Twat, catcher and shacklers.

I'm afraid that ship sailed a decade ago.

You can't throw a bunch of guys together after a 15 year absence and expect the magic to still be there. Music doesn't work that way

And the guys in the current GnR lineup have dedicated a lot of their professional careers to Axl, it would be pretty crappy of him to toss them to the side now.

It is also obvious the musical styles of all ex players has evolved into different beasts than in 1992. Velvet Revolver imo was pretty generic rock without much substance. Slashs solo album shows he wants to do the safe old school rock route. I don't see Axl ever wanting to go back down that path. And I don't imagine Slash wanting to do songs like Twat, catcher and shacklers.

you're right.

is not just to put the five guys in a room and the magic returns.

and yes, the actual team deserves consideration.

I honestly don't even care for a reunion. I just want more new music. That's all.

I just want more new music[2]

I just want them to stop performing the old songs, as only Slash can plays those like they should be played.

I agree, this new band should make some attempt to create new music, tour it, and earn a living off of it.

I honestly don't even care for a reunion. I just want more new music. That's all.

I just want them to stop performing the old songs, as only Slash can plays those like they should be played.

I agree, this new band should make some attempt to create new music, tour it, and earn a living off of it.

These are GN'R songs. GN'R obviously should play them.

Btw: Slash and Miles playing GN'R sucks a lot.

No. Axl helped create the old songs, so he has every right to play them. And tons of fans still want to hear the current bands version of them.

Just like VR and Slashs solo tour played old GnR songs. I'm sure you didn't protest that.

The great thing about music? It is optional. You don't have to listen to it. You don't have to go to their shows. So no big deal.

You still have all the old bands albums, dvds, YouTube for hundreds of concert footage. You have two VR albums. A slash solo album. Two snakepit albums.

You have a wealth of slash music to choose from.

Life should be good in your world.

Can you explain why Slash and Myles suck a lot? Myles might not be the best fit to cover Axl Rose (but who is?). Slash sounds more Gn'R playing those old songs than the hired hands. I don't think you're trying to say the opposite :).

Can you explain why Slash and Myles suck a lot? Myles might not be the best fit to cover Axl Rose (but who is?). Slash sounds more Gn'R playing those old songs than the hired hands. I don't think you're trying to say the opposite :).

Guns n' Roses vs. Slash n' Miles

Better singer = Axl by a huge margin

Better lead guitar = debatable, I think Ron is better than Slash at everything he does, but some people don't.

Better rest of the band = Guns n' Roses. Not even questionable. The "hired hands" are more talented by almost as huge of a margin as Axl beats Miles.

Any other questions?

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Guns n' Roses vs. Slash and Miles

Better lead guitar = debatable, I think Ron is better than Slash at everything he does, but some people don't.

Better rest of the band. Guns n' Roses. Not even questionable. The "hired hands" are more talented by almost as huge of a margin as Axl beats Miles.

Any other questions?

Thank you for making me laugh. :thumbsup:

Edited by pi2loc

Guns n' Roses vs. Slash n' Miles

Better rest of the band = Guns n' Roses. Not even questionable. The "hired hands" are more talented by almost as huge of a margin as Axl beats Miles.

Any other questions?

intersting point of view.

I've heard band members talk about the experience of working with the original guys in the same room, and they usually said it was as if the time in between didn't exist. They just got into the music, played and it felt like they were back to how it was in the beginning.

To me, it would be an unannounced appearance, not a tour and kept pretty informal. I think it would be great if they did Record Store Day at Amoeba as an unannounced appearance. Keep it simple.

I think trying to debate the better guitarist is retarded. there are those that see slash as the original and best and others like myself that see ron and dj do a damn fine job covering slashes work. I also like dj's style better than buckets and think he as a writer/guitarest has more to offer the band as a whole.

lets reverse it and ask.. if there ever was a reunion would you expect slash to learn the new material as is? (i dont care about a reunion personally) I like the way this band is jelling, and having a bluesy/old school type in Dj has me excited for (hopefully) new music soon and in the future

I think trying to debate the better guitarist is retarded. there are those that see slash as the original and best and others like myself that see ron and dj do a damn fine job covering slashes work. I also like dj's style better than buckets and think he as a writer/guitarest has more to offer the band as a whole.

lets reverse it and ask.. if there ever was a reunion would you expect slash to learn the new material as is? (i dont care about a reunion personally) I like the way this band is jelling, and having a bluesy/old school type in Dj has me excited for (hopefully) new music soon and in the future

I would pay money to see Slash publicly humiliate himself by attempting to play the new music. Maybe not money, but I'd watch it on youtube for sure. Slash has a hard enough time playing the music he wrote live.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

Estranged 2011 » Any other version

Just to name one, and Slash & Myles Kennedy is even worse.

Besides, Slash even plays the same goddamn Godfather solo before Sweet Child as he did in the 90's. Talk about creativity :rofl-lol:

You're on your period, aren't you? Recently you have sure been a pain in the ass, dude... Look. If you took audio-only performances of the instrumental parts by NuGnR and the same for Slash solo tour or old GnR that you've never heard before, you couldn't tell the difference. Trust me. You could say CD's music doesn't sound like GnR or whatever you think but you can't say they don't play the shit out of the old songs, at many times superior to the original formation's performance. I guess you don't see it because you don't want to.

You're on your period, aren't you? Recently you have sure been a pain in the ass, dude... Look. If you took audio-only performances of the instrumental parts by NuGnR and the same for Slash solo tour or old GnR that you've never heard before, you couldn't tell the difference. Trust me. You could say CD's music doesn't sound like GnR or whatever you think but you can't say they don't play the shit out of the old songs, at many times superior to the original formation's performance. I guess you don't see it because you don't want to.

:lol:

Although I think that the current band is talented,I'm waiting to hear more new music from this lineup. Axl's touring power is from the classic lineup as far as music. It's sure not frpm Chinese Drmocracy. Smells like a lot of Slash hating around these parts also.

Besides, Slash even plays the same goddamn Godfather solo before Sweet Child as he did in the 90's. Talk about creativity :rofl-lol:

Slash:

Ashba:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7digXMqXRI

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Slash:

Ashba:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7digXMqXRI

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why didn't you try that with Ron? Hmmmmmm.... I wonder :shrugs: . It must suck for a Slash fan to see him get owned on his own solos :rofl-lol: . Cheer up though little guy :violin:, you still get Slash's stunning, amazing, wonderful, abysmal covers with Myles :thumbsup: .