Omaha 11/8/11

Freeaxl

Crowd in Omaha was pretty hot, especially for Jungle and Nightrain. Tons of energy there. Half the crowd left early because it was almost 1am and they already played most of the hits.

"They'd already played most of the hits". Huh...come again. I don't even know how to respond. AFD in entirety is all 'hits', Lies kicks ass, UYI's are phenomonal, CD is awesome. They must've played alot of songs if they ran out of "hits".....LOL

Hits as in WTTJ, SCOM, Nov. Rain, YCBM, the stuff they play on the radio. Shocking to believe that not everybody at the concert was as obsessed as we are. Tons didn't even know Estranged or It's So Easy nor cared for Chinese songs. I'm not complaining about the show in any way, just observing the audience.

didn't know estranged? it was on MTV for like 3 years solid. Back when people watched MTV

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As bad as I hate to say it, concert crowds here in America suck out loud. Nearly every show I go to, people just stand there. They don't nod their head, dance, sing, nothing. It fucking kills me!!!!!!

Culture's moved on, and/or the average age of rockfan has increased, and older people aren't (in general) going to act like kids - no matter how much they love the music.

It doesn't mean they aren't into it, necessarily.

Don't know if you're religious, but some Christian sects are laid back, others do jumping and wave flags and have tambourines. Both could be serious and 'into it'... but the culture in the two groups is different. I don't know if SA fans are "better" because they move more. It's just different.

As bad as I hate to say it, concert crowds here in America suck out loud. Nearly every show I go to, people just stand there. They don't nod their head, dance, sing, nothing. It fucking kills me!!!!!!

Culture's moved on, and/or the average age of rockfan has increased, and older people aren't (in general) going to act like kids - no matter how much they love the music.

It doesn't mean they aren't into it, necessarily.

Don't know if you're religious, but some Christian sects are laid back, others do jumping and wave flags and have tambourines. Both could be serious and 'into it'... but the culture in the two groups is different. I don't know if SA fans are "better" because they move more. It's just different.

Actually I remember going to see Paradise Lost a few years ago. I went crazy and everyone else around me just stood still.

I thought it was a really bad crowd. However I read an interview with the band later where they said they appreciated the

new audience reaction as they felt it showed that the audience were primarily concentrating on the music, rather than using

the music as a secondary thing to jump around, dance etc.