Rose: 'I take good care of my voice'

auad

gunsnroses_pw_L100609.jpg

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose has insisted that he takes "good care" of his voice and even undergoes a cardio workout session before each gig he plays – scroll down to the bottom of the page and click to listen.

Recently, Guns N' Roses have drawn criticism from fans after they posted a message on their official Facebook page telling them that they would simply have to put up with the band's frequent late appearances, although they later insisted they would "never intentionally disrespect" their fans.

However, in a forthcoming interview to be shown on VH1's That Metal Show and previewed on the 'Friday Night Rocks' radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM, the singer has claimed that he takes his stagecraft seriously with a series of warm-up exercises.

After being complimented on his singing performance following a show in Miami as part of the band's US tour, Rose replied:

"I had a good night. It's not an anomaly, but I did have a good night, and I have been taking care of my voice. I do warm-ups before the show, I do warm-downs after the show, I do those religiously."

axl-rose.jpg

He then went on to add: "Everybody in this band has their own physical regimen they have to go through. I do a lot of cardio when I can, or when I can force myself to. But yeah, you've got to get your wind up, and you've got to get your head in the right place and go out and do it."

Rose also admitted that he had trouble performing some songs from the band's back catalogue because they were originally performed in a higher register, making reference to their 1991 track 'You Could Be Mine'. "The first time I had to play that live, I was like, 'What did I do?'" he said. "'What have I done? I have to sing this live now."

The interview will air in full on VH1's That Metal Show on November 11.

Last month, former Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan admitted that the band's original line-up could reform in the future, stating: "Of course there's a chance. I don't know how real that chance is. It's not something I ever write about or talk at home about or with any of those principal people about, ever."

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/60256

Edited by auad

Usually when singers say that, the songs start having a different arrangement. I just think KOHD was more about bringing it back to the Bob Dylan intro.

I actually liked some of the changes the new GNR made. I thought it was cool the way they made the songs more of them now instead of the original GNR. Besides, Axl's voice sounded fucking awesome on every song, so we knew we were listening to GNR no matter what different changes they made. The show was awesome!

It's way better than Slash performing the GNR songs with his singer. Oh God!