Korn (ft. Skrillex and Kill The Noise) - Narcissistic Cannibal

star

Checkout the amazing microphone / stand, an HR Giger design (the same artist behind Alien).

Only discovered this tune today, it was on Scuzz TV.

I love the drumming. The video's interesting too.

Korn (ft. Skrillex and Kill The Noise) - Narcissistic Cannibal

Yes, that Korn feat. dubstep artists is gonna be the best thing they did since Issues...

I haven't liked anything since that album but the two songs that have been released so far are killer.

EDIT : this is gonna sound like shit live though...too much editing to even hope to come with an acceptable live version.

"GET UP" sounded awful when they attempted it live recently.

Edited by The Glow Inc.

At first I was completely opposed to the project, however after listening to this and Get Up, I've begun to think this could actually work, since these songs are really good. Free download of Get Up! on their page at RoadRunnerRecords if your interested, look it up. However it could be Skrillex just doing a really good job with Korn, but I still have hope!

I tried to bump the electro thread with some Skrillex love, but it did't happen. These tracks are pretty killer, interesting take on both nu-metal and dubstep (fan of both tbh). Really like the the little nuances in this song, more so than Get Up, can;t wait for the album now!

OT: Skrillex's EP is sick for fans of the more melodic Dub. I think they label it as like Dub meets progressive House meets techno - but I'm not really knowledgable on dance music, so maybe some guys on here would have a better idea.

Peace!

xXx

I'm newly introduced to dubstep (partially thanks to Korn), but I really dig it. Well, all I know is Skrillex and Excision, but I like them crazy. I loved Skrillex/Sonny in From First To Last, so I was already a fan of him, but man he's really talented!

• 3 weeks later...

dubstep all sounds the same, and it all sounds like shit

agreed on this, dont like this one.

Narcissistic Cannibal sounds greatI I read a review of the album yesterday, there is supposed to be a track of a similar type to Narcissistic Cannibal. While the review described the album as unmistakably Korn, he said it was a collection of tracks what did not relate to each other. I think the album will be better than Remember Who You are, which I didn't like at all.

dubstep all sounds the same, and it all sounds like shit

agreed on this, dont like this one.

This isn't dubstep; it's bro-step... and you're right, it's shit.

I've liked a lot of Skrillex's stuff, but I thought this was sub-par.

I actually think there's plenty of dub/electro stuff that would appeal to the heavier rock/metal listener; don't judge the genre based on this shit.

Agreed on the Bro-step thing.

Listened to the album last night, purchased it today. I think if you like KoRn and electronic, chaotic music (essentially bro-step) then you'd enjoy it. I really enjoyed it, love the cheesy melodies, the chaos and the general energy that it brings. Same reasons I enjoy dnb, bro-step and general rave music.

Off topic: Anyone know if there are any decent clubs in Hong Kong? I'm an exchange student here and find the scene dead. Need either a dub club or some epic rave music.

Peace!

xXx