DJ Ashba "we have planned more tours and stuff"

bumblecool

I don't want to complain about the setlist for shows I haven't gone to, but i just don't understand why they would have3 covers in the set instead of replacing those3 songs with just 1 more cd song.

It couldbe that 1 extra cd song tht is played that could win over the old and new fans and they might go buy CD or really see this band as something that they could be proud showcasing the current material.

Edited by gunns5

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to complain about the setlist for shows I haven't gone to, but i just don't understand why they would have3 covers in the set instead of replacing those3 songs with just 1 more cd song.

It couldbe that 1 extra cd song tht is played that could win over the old and new fans and they might go buy CD or really see this band as something that they could be proud showcasing the current material.

I actually think LESS CD songs is the best way to turn fans on to the record. If they get a lot of what they like, and then Better thrown in, they are going to be more open to that than if these unknown songs go on and on. Do you really think 8 CD songs instead of 5 would do the trick? That said, I think the covers should be replaced by USE YOUR ILLUSION! Oh, those lovely records.

When I go to a Guns N' Roses show, I want to hear a lot of post-Slash songs. Yes, I still want to hear Estranged, Nightrain, Live and Let Die, and all of the other older songs they still play. It would just be nice if they could mix more Chinese Democracy songs and even newer songs in there too. If I went to a GN'R show and they played There Was A Time, it would be like the biggest highlight for me (unless they played an even newer song). The thing is, though, most of the fans that go to the shows are not members on these message boards. It's hard to believe, but us online fans are the only ones that would kill to hear a new song played.

I actually think LESS CD songs is the best way to turn fans on to the record. If they get a lot of what they like, and then Better thrown in, they are going to be more open to that than if these unknown songs go on and on. Do you really think 8 CD songs instead of 5 would do the trick? That said, I think the covers should be replaced by USE YOUR ILLUSION! Oh, those lovely records.

you have a good point, maybe just have some rockers from cd as a 'ploy' of getting the crowd into it, better, twat, shacklers and cycle of ifthe world or scraped each night and that should keep things interesting as well as more spontaneous.

Edited by gunns5

"My whole thing is I'm not coming in to this to try to replace anybody. I am my own person. I want to do what I can to do the job justice. I'm a fan of the band, too. I'm trying to give the crowd what I would want to hear if I was standing in the crowd if some new guy was on stage. I don't want to sway too hard off the original vision. People come out to hear those old songs, and they're classics. They take you back to certain memories in life. I'm trying to stay as true to those parts as I possibly can on this stuff."

This is why they won't "double the amount of CD songs" on this tour, or any tour...DJ gets it, not sure why some of the fans on this board don't... :shrugs:

Because it's the Chinese Democracy Tour.

Don't get me wrong, the nearly 3-hour sets are great, but more CD songs would make them even better.

After seeing him live, he's a great showman and interacts with the crowd way better than Slash did when I saw him live. (Not that I'm trying to drag Slash into this)

but in a very tryhard way. It all looks very rehearsed/put-on....

and theatrical. It never looks spontaneous.

392044_287786154576856_196386010383538_978476_1997007664_n.jpg

Rehearsed with a doll at home...

Depends what kind of doll.

If that was the case I'm sure he'd get along pretty well with Myles and co.

After seeing him live, he's a great showman and interacts with the crowd way better than Slash did when I saw him live. (Not that I'm trying to drag Slash into this)

At least Myles and co. don't tour the same album for about 10 years.

Neither does Ashba... :shrugs:

Truth. :book: And what was his contribution to C.D.?

Ashba joins in 2009 cupcake.

ChD was released in 2008 :shrugs:

I wonder if they will tour Europe again next year. They could tour Asia in the first months and then do the European summer festivals. Maybe too soon for Europe again, dunno.

What do you guys think?

Im from Portugal, so i really hope they come again. we get a fucking awesome setlist and the crowd was wild.

Edited by bumblecool

Truth. :book: And what was his contribution to C.D.?

He made no contribution to CD... but I don't know why he gets the hatred you people have towards him when he's clearly one of the most positive, dedicated and professional members in GnR. If you don't like GnR how it is now, it ain't got nothing to do with him...

Dreazle....why do you care? Don't like the current band, don't like Axl, don't like the set-list....then why are you here?

Why does the current success of GnR bother you so much?

Nobody cares if you love Axl or slash. Music is subjective. But its odd that with so much negativity, why u choose to come here?

Why not spend time on a forum of a band that brings u joy and happiness?

The answers in this thread show how crazy it is for Axl.

One person says they need to stop playing old songs.....the next person says they love the old songs.

No matter what the band does, some people will whine and cry.

Guys like dreazle will never be happy. They feed on negativity and bashing Axl and the new band.

Dreazle....why do you care? Don't like the current band, don't like Axl, don't like the set-list....then why are you here?

Nobody cares if you love Axl or slash. Music is subjective. But its odd that with so much negativity, why u choose to come here?

One person says they need to stop playing old songs.....the next person says they love the old songs.

Guys like dreazle will never be happy. They feed on negativity and bashing Axl and the new band.

I think people just want to see Axl move forward with new music.

Respect the past, love the present, live for the future. the whole band gets it.

Definitely!

I can't see why people have to choose between them playing new songs or playing old songs they can do both!

I just wish there was an even amount of both.

I think the setlist now is great. If they took off one or two of the covers and added TWAT, OMG, and/or Civil War it would be perfect IMO

Edited by WhazUp

I think songs need to be cycled, even the most beloved of them need to be put on ice every now and then. Are the crowds going to riot the one night they decide not to do SCOM, PC, or WTTJ?

but in a very tryhard way. It all looks very rehearsed/put-on.

Your snide comments are so petty. As always.

Then why don't you go post on Myles' fan forum with his fanboys and leave us in peace?

Edited by The Archer

but in a very tryhard way. It all looks very rehearsed/put-on.

Your snide comments are so petty. As always.

Then why don't you go post on Myles' fan forum with his fanboys and leave us in peace?

:thumbsup:

This is why they won't "double the amount of CD songs" on this tour, or any tour...DJ gets it, not sure why some of the fans on this board don't... :shrugs:

He gets what exactly? that this current band is just a covers band of 80-90's GNR? what are you trying to say.

It never was Axl's vision to ride on the coat tails of what once was. his idea was to bring on something cool and new.