Kansas City, MO 11/12/11

parisrocks

Great to see fair reviews posted.

There was a point in Don't Cry where a blonde girl in the front row of the audience got zoomed in on by the camera and appeared on the viewing screen. I was standing right behind her. Being my narcissistic self, I was checking the videos to see if I could spot myself there in the background on the screen, but the camera never caught it...are there any pics or other video that did happen to capture that moment?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome solo at the end from Bumblefoot. This is the first time I can recall him doing the end solo NOT on the fretless neck since before the 2009 shows but I could be wrong. As much as the fretless is something different and Bumblefoot knows his way around it, I hope he sticks to doing the solo like this. Fits the song a little more and just plain rocks!

disappointed that they didn't play OMG. best song since Illusions.

They don't play OMG because it sucks and nobody outside of a few posters on this board wants to hear it. It's not the best song since Illusions, in fact it pales in comparison to pretty much everything on CD. The band is playing kick-ass 3 hour shows and yet people are whining about them not playing a crappy song that hasn't been in the setlist forever. I guess some people just enjoy being unhappy.

Edited by therock

disappointed that they didn't play OMG. best song since Illusions.

They don't play OMG because it sucks and nobody outside of a few posters on this board wants to hear it. It's not the best song since Illusions, in fact it pales in comparison to pretty much everything on CD. The band is playing kick-ass 3 hour shows and yet people are whining about them not playing a crappy song that hasn't been in the setlist forever. I guess some people just enjoy being unhappy.

Oh shut the hell up its a rocker. It could pretty much fill the same place as Riff Raff or Shackler's.

I know this is a little late, but here's my personal review/experience of the show last weekend:

http://eashorts.blogspot.com/2011/11/guns-n-roses-in-kc-review-111211.html

rock3

Great review you wrote of it. Curious about that mother and daughter backstage...think I met have met them while I was waiting for GA, and I saw them afterwards in the section sitting for the backstage trip. What'd they look like?

I know this is a little late, but here's my personal review/experience of the show last weekend:

rock3

Great review you wrote of it. Curious about that mother and daughter backstage...think I met have met them while I was waiting for GA, and I saw them afterwards in the section sitting for the backstage trip. What'd they look like?

Thanks man :-)

They were maybe from South America or Latino - the mother had black hair, tattoos. The daughter seemed real sweet, maybe 13. They were very emotional - felt like an asshole for chuckling at the scene!

rock3

Thanks man :-)

They were maybe from South America or Latino - the mother had black hair, tattoos. The daughter seemed real sweet, maybe 13. They were very emotional - felt like an asshole for chuckling at the scene!

Yeah that was them. I talked to them a bit before and after the show. Daughter was 15, that was her first concert of her life. I told her she picked a hell of a good one to start with. Very cool.