Axl takes Care of His Voice (?)

mcalldp

Axl states he takes care of his voice with warm-up and Cool-down (even more important in my opinion) - there are FEW people that have had a voice like Axl and I would venture to say NONE that have had long carereers!

This is my take, Axl sounds like a mix between Janis Joplin and Bon Scott- anyone agree? Even Janice knew she could not keep up the rasp in her voice and we hear Axl fighting that along the way. So, I think he does take care of his voice. I think he must have a vocal coach (any thoughts on this?) But to have that rasp at his age for three hours...I don't know, I get the feeling he knows the difference between head-tone and chest-tone. So, what do you think he does before a show as his warm up? I can see oxygen and tea and perhaps some vocal stretching...I don't see the pre-show time wasted on just siting there, I think he really is working his voice.

Axl states he takes care of his voice with warm-up and Cool-down (even more important in my opinion) - there are FEW people that have had a voice like Axl and I would venture to say NONE that have had long carereers!

This is my take, Axl sounds like a mix between Janis Joplin and Bon Scott- anyone agree? Even Janice knew she could not keep up the rasp in her voice and we hear Axl fighting that along the way. So, I think he does take care of his voice. I think he must have a vocal coach (any thoughts on this?) But to have that rasp at his age for three hours...I don't know, I get the feeling he knows the difference between head-tone and chest-tone. So, what do you think he does before a show as his warm up? I can see oxygen and tea and perhaps some vocal stretching...I don't see the pre-show time wasted on just siting there, I think he really is working his voice.

I know he had a vocal coach called Elizabeth sabine somewhere in the 90's.

I dont know if he still has one.