Axl's legal name is W Axl Rose

Gagarin

Do you agree?   

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Per eduardo'GNR's request and cumonmyroses' ignorance and stubborness.

Gagarin is straight up got his facts on target. A legal name change requires a birth certificate,some mail addressed to you (for identy verification) a trip to the courthouse,and eighteen bucks. With a legal name change all your IDs have to bechanged,as well as your social security cards et. al

A legal name change is not a A.K.A.,The only way name change can be brought up is if its made public,or it can become a P.K.A. (previously known as) if you have,like a felony hanging over your head.

So by all means,grab your credentials march down to the records department,with 18 smackers in your grimy fist and have you name changed to Princess Banana Hammock,its legal! :)

Actually your name never really changes. It's only amended.

For all practical and legal purposes,the name is legal.You are required to amend your Drivers license,your Social Security card,and all your credit cards and legal papers.

An amendment would require both old and new names to sign paperwork,get a drivers license,passport etc.

So in essence your name is legally changed and recognized by public and private sectors.

I've had my name changed three times. It never changes it is only amended.

Impressive Sunny,I have only one legal name change.It very well be that the rules and regs vary from state to.state. I was reiterating the hoops I was required to jump through.All my legal papers,as well as passport,and SS card had to be changed. Ifsomeone addresses me by my previous name,its Null and Void. Even had to alter my medical records.

May I inquire why you chose three seperate name changes? If its too personal to divulge,i understand.

My husband legally changed his name. It required hiring a lawyer, going to court and posting the name change in a variety of papers. He can not legally use his previous name. When we got married, I changed my name. I had to change my social security info, drivers license, etc, but I still have things in both my maiden and married name and I've been married for 15 years.

if Axl did his name change correctly, then his previous name can not be used on legal documents as that name is not him.

Is it really considered a name change when a woman takes her husband's name? If so, I changed my name twice by getting married, but I also changed my name, legally, back to my maiden name after the 1st divorce. I had to ask the court's permission. So, maybe, I've had 3 name changes. 2 were the same name.

Why would anyone call him William regardless? Same with people calling Slash Saul, it just seems silly

It's a little different. I'm sure Slash wouldn't mind if people called him Saul. He never legally changed his name. With Axl, there's personal experience that has damaged him with that name.

Definitely, there is no denying that. But regardless if one has a more ugly past with their past name than the other, they both are regarded as Axl and Slash to the public and have been known as such for a long, long time.

Its like calling Gene Simmons by his original name "Chaim Weitz". Sure I guess you can, nobody is stopping you - but why do it? There is no real logic to it besides wanting to be "different"

I don't see the point in calling Axl or Slash anything but Axl and Slash.

Edited by WhazUp

Why would anyone call him William regardless? Same with people calling Slash Saul, it just seems silly

It's a little different. I'm sure Slash wouldn't mind if people called him Saul. He never legally changed his name. With Axl, there's personal experience that has damaged him with that name.

Definitely, there is no denying that. But regardless if one has a more ugly past with their past name than the other, they both are regarded as Axl and Slash to the public and have been known as such for a long, long time.

Its like calling Gene Simmons by his original name "Chaim Weitz". Sure I guess you can, nobody is stopping you - but why do it? There is no real logic to it besides wanting to be "different"

I don't see the point in calling Axl or Slash anything but Axl and Slash.

Right. I think it's obviously that only cupcakes will use their actual name.

My husband legally changed his name. It required hiring a lawyer, going to court and posting the name change in a variety of papers. He can not legally use his previous name. When we got married, I changed my name. I had to change my social security info, drivers license, etc, but I still have things in both my maiden and married name and I've been married for 15 years.

if Axl did his name change correctly, then his previous name can not be used on legal documents as that name is not him.

Thanks for the candid explanation,I can see where you are coming from but I cant help but wonder if a name change due to marriage warrants the same rules n regs as an Individual requesting a name change as an adult.

I can only speak from my viewpoint.

I agree with this statement and assertion.It immediately brings to mind the Azoff legal papers that were intentionally addressed to a P.K.A. for vindictive purposes.

That said,Axl changed his name BACK to his birthname of Rose,the Axl came from a band he was in,and the W. Is legal because "William was an asshole".

I know this is a off topic but I was reading an article and it mentioned that Axl's mothers maiden name is Lintner. That's a well-known Jewish name. Was she raised Jewish I wonder? Rose is also a Jewish name and it mentions that his grand-parents were Jewish.. I know he was raised Pentascostal church but that was because of his step-father. This looks like his heritage is all Jewish. I Just thought it was interesting.

Thanks for the candid explanation,I can see where you are coming from but I cant help but wonder if a name change due to marriage warrants the same rules n regs as an Individual requesting a name change as an adult.

I can only speak from my viewpoint.

The fact here is that women can get away with a lot of crap. I can use both my maiden name and my married name without any major issues but it is rare for a man to change his name. My husband changed his shortly before we were married and had to go through a ton of BS to get it done. He was told that his "maiden name" (as I jokingly call it) is not interchangeable with his new name.

In this case what it all boils down to is whether Axl legally changed his name. I remember a story that when they were first signed he wanted to sign the contract W. Axl Rose but wasn't allowed to because it wasn't his legal name. I think that if he was that intent on the name then he would have gone through legal channels to have it changed so he wouldn't have to sign documents with his birth name.

I know this is a off topic but I was reading an article and it mentioned that Axl's mothers maiden name is Lintner. That's a well-known Jewish name. Was she raised Jewish I wonder? Rose is also a Jewish name and it mentions that his grand-parents were Jewish.. I know he was raised Pentascostal church but that was because of his step-father. This looks like his heritage is all Jewish. I Just thought it was interesting.

Lintner/Lindner is mainly a German surname and not necessarily a Jewish one. Rose is also a surname that's just as likely to belong to a non-Jewish person than a Jewish one. Saying his heritage is all Jewish just based on the names is pure speculation.

On Wiki it says: W. Axl Rose (born William Bruce Rose)

I though there was a Bailey in there somewhere :shrugs:

Why is this so hard? He was born as William Bruce Rose and his mother later on changed it to William Bruce Bailey, when she married his step-father. But the original surname he was born with is Rose.

Edited by Lumikki