This is about as contented as things get around here...

Graeme

The band's on a tour of the U.S. (finally), they seem to be going from strength to strength; the reviews are largely good, we're getting interviews for just about every date, a televised interview with Axl, dates spread pretty well geographically across the states, the line-up looks stable and solid... Okay so there's no real promise of new music on the horizon. But this almost makes it more enjoyable than when the band was doing really well in 2006 because they still had the Chinese Democracy monkey on their back, and it was by that yardstick that success would ultimately be measured.

Ultimately with this clusterfuck of a fanbase you're never going to get an entirely positive consensus, but this is definitely the least conflicted I've seen this board in years and years. It seems the periods of silence are when the cupcakes come out to play because in the vacuum of news there's always the potential just to make shit up.

Long may it continue!

I remember things were really positive around the time of the Axl chats as well as the first initial shows in 2009. Whenever there are big silences things tend to get pretty negative and lackluster here so its no surprise a tour is initiating a lot more forum activity

I must say that for the most part things are really positive and chill in these "update" threads for shows - and a big thanks to everyone involved in keeping us updated every show! It is a complete 180 degree turn from the days following the Rio show. Its also cool to see the "$la$h" fad completely gone as well

Lets keep this positive vibe going!

Edited by WhazUp

I remember things were really positive around the time of the Axl chats as well as the first initial shows in 2009. Whenever there are big silences things tend to get pretty negative and lackluster here so its no surprise a tour is initiating a lot more forum activity

I must say that for the most part things are really positive and chill in these "update" threads for shows - and a big thanks to everyone involved in keeping us updated every show! It is a complete 180 degree turn from the days following the Rio show. Its also cool to see the "$la$h" fad completely gone as well

BOOM.....you just started it again with your dis of Slasher......and I'm a Slash fan, but Mpls was dominant with new musicians. Awesome show.

BOOM.....you just started it again with your dis of Slasher

I just said that I am glad to see that people AREN'T doing the whole "$la$h" thing and that there are seemingly more respectful discussions going on (even though there is always gonna be some people who are impossible to reason with)

I'm not dissing Slash (I have never been a "basher"), I am commending the fact that there are less of those arguments going on. There has been more positive vibes here in general and thats a good sign

Edited by WhazUp

BOOM.....you just started it again with your dis of Slasher......and I'm a Slash fan, but Mpls was dominant with new musicians. Awesome show.

Slasher? Who are you? Hulk Hogan?

Its also cool to see the "$la$h" fad completely gone as well

Were talking GNR fan forum buddy. I'm glad the "OMG Axl's fat" or "Mickey mouse voice" fads are almost completely gone.

Yes we are talking GNR fan forum. And from what I remember there were many insults thrown around by everyone regardless of the side that I am glad that they either don't do anymore or are dying off.

Its also cool to see the "$la$h" fad completely gone as well

Were talking GNR fan forum buddy. I'm glad the "OMG Axl's fat" or "Mickey mouse voice" fads are almost completely gone.

Yes we are talking GNR fan forum. And from what I remember there were many insults thrown around by everyone regardless of the side that I am glad that they either don't do anymore or are dying off.

also, hopefully people deal with disagreement betterly next time around...

I hate to be the bearer of reality, but shit will be exactly the same as it was once the tour is over. People will start bitching because Axl isn't giving them what they feel they deserve and it will snowball from there. Nobody needs a crystal ball to see that.

Enjoy the moment!

I hate to be the bearer of reality, but shit will be exactly the same as it was once the tour is over. People will start bitching because Axl isn't giving them what they feel they deserve and it will snowball from there. Nobody needs a crystal ball to see that.

Enjoy the moment!

Definitely. It is a good time to be a fan.

So true... :(