East Rutherford, NJ - 11/17/2011 - Setlist, Pictures, Video etc.

Black Sabbath

I know there's another thread, but this is the official one, as the other one is 4 pages of somewhat discussion and wondering who the opener is/will be :lol:

My first Guns N' Roses show! ^_^ Who else is going?

I've been to this venue 2 other times, for Rammstein and Ozzy, and the sound isn't the greatest from what I remember, but it's not the worst.

I probably won't be doing setlist updates, as I'll be trying to focus on the show more since it's my first, but depending on how well my battery holds up, I'll try to upload pictures to my facebook throughout, and anyone who is friends with me on there can post them, just as long as it's just the pictures.

8272v.gif

GUNS N' ROSES

North America Tour 2011

November 17th, 2011

East Rutherford, New Jersey, USA

IZOD Center

GunsNRoses.jpg

Show start time: Ticket says 8:00

-- No official/scheduled opener --

Guns N' Roses

Setlist

- Dexter Intro

Chinese Democracy

Welcome to the Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Riff Raff

Estranged

Better

Rocket Queen

- 4tus Guitar Solo

Live and Let Die

This I Love

Shackler's Revenge

My Generation

- Dizzy Reed Piano Solo

Street Of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

- DJ Ashba Guitar Solo

Sweet Child O' Mine

- Another Brick In The Wall Jam

- Axl Rose Piano Solo

November Rain

- Bumblefoot Guitar Solo

Don't Cry

Whole Lotta Rosie

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Nightrain

Encore:

- Instrumental Jam

Madagascar

Patience

Paradise City

Edited by Black Sabbath

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there's another thread, but this is the official one, as the other one is 4 pages of somewhat discussion and wondering who the opener is/will be :lol:

I've been to this venue 2 other times, for Rammstein and Ozzy, and the sound isn't the greatest from what I remember, but it's not the worst.

I probably won't be doing setlist updates, as I'll be trying to focus on the show more since it's my first, but depending on how well my battery holds up, I'll try to upload pictures to my facebook throughout, and anyone who is friends with me on there can post them, just as long as it's just the pictures.

8272v.gif

GUNS N' ROSES

North America Tour 2011

November 17th, 2011

IZOD Center

GunsNRoses.jpg

Guns N' Roses

Setlist

I will be there with my fiance. This is show number 3 for me and the first one for her. Funny to think that my first GnR show was in 2002 (i was in high school), second was in2006- 2007 i believe (in college). And this one will be after just completing my masters degree and getting engaged.

8272v.gif

GUNS N' ROSES

North America Tour 2011

November 17th, 2011

IZOD Center

GunsNRoses.jpg

Guns N' Roses

Setlist

I was there for a concert last December, the sound quality was poor like you said. I'm sure it will be a great show no matter what, if I wasn't already going to Hartford and Worcester I would probably also be going to Izod and staying overnight at the Econo Lodge Meadowlands like I did last time. It was nice not to have to deal with the parking or driving ^_^

Have a great time! rock3

This show is gonna be awesome. 5th time seeing Guns. I was there for the first and last night of both Hammerstein shows (waited in line allllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day and was at the front of the line with some awesome people and the front row as well!), then at IZOD and then at MSG. I actually preferred the show they did in IZOD better than MSG because I felt the sound was much better. Also at the IZOD show I ran into Bumble and his wife Jen who were just walking around in the concourse right in plain sight of everyone. I found it funny that because he was so new to the band nobody knew who he was. had a great convo with him. Really stoked for this show tonight!!!!

-HollyWood

This show is gonna be awesome. 5th time seeing Guns. I was there for the first and last night of both Hammerstein shows (waited in line allllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day and was at the front of the line with some awesome people and the front row as well!), then at IZOD and then at MSG. I actually preferred the show they did in IZOD better than MSG because I felt the sound was much better. Also at the IZOD show I ran into Bumble and his wife Jen who were just walking around in the concourse right in plain sight of everyone. I found it funny that because he was so new to the band nobody knew who he was. had a great convo with him. Really stoked for this show tonight!!!!

-HollyWood

I was infront of the line at the last Hammerstein shows too! The people, probaly yoursellf included were some fn awesome people! Have fun tonite! And everyone too have fun, its soo fn cool knowing its some of u guys first GNR concert. Get ready for the best rock show on earth. You have been warned though, one GNR show will never be enough. :xmasssanta:

Edited by batman007

Very weird to not announce an opener and still tell people to show up at 8... I saw Broski asked about it on Twitter yesterday and they were really vague about it and didn't say anything.

gunsnroses Guns N' Roses

@broskirose1 remember its not how you start but how finish

Uhm ok... By the way, Guns just asked Jimmy Fallon to come to the show. Wonder what that is about.

According to the Izod Center Facebook page they are in the process of confirming Asking Alexandria as the opener... never heard of them but after a quick listen to a song on youtube they are terrible...

This is on AA's Facebook page:

ae1hzr.jpg

I'm not really a fan, but Sebastian Bach plays them up as the next big thing in music.

According to the Izod Center Facebook page they are in the process of confirming Asking Alexandria as the opener... never heard of them but after a quick listen to a song on youtube they are terrible...

This is on AA's Facebook page:

ae1hzr.jpg

I'm not really a fan, but Sebastian Bach plays them up as the next big thing in music.

2 things. First Bach is excited about oatmeal in the morning so i'm not going to trust his judgement. Second it does seem that while GnR picks openers that their fans may not particularly like (i go back to the last few times i've seen them with CKY, Buillet for my Valentine, etc.) but they do pick bands that are always going to be the 'next big thing' even going back to the 90s when Soundgarden was opening for them.

About covers: the most awful thing to ever happen to a GNR-song is this:

The problem in that cover is Cypress Hill, I honestly believe that Fergie does a great job on this cover.

But I don't get it with her, she sounds great on this song in studio.

She sucks live.

I'd do her.

fergie-maxim-webb.jpg

holy shit, how did this post get here?