East Rutherford, NJ - 11/17/2011 - Setlist, Pictures, Video etc.

Black Sabbath

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl just sang happy birthday to Fortus before start of KOHD...Richard just wanted to play the song and as soon as they were done Axl goes to him, "you can play the fuckin song, dude." hahaha

Now playing don't cry....crowd is hot for this song

thanks so fuckin much!! are you in the izod center?

@gunsnroses

Jersey's own Pink Panther Ron @Bumblefoot Thal

449593278.jpg

Yup I'm here

Axl just sang happy birthday to Fortus before start of KOHD...Richard just wanted to play the song and as soon as they were done Axl goes to him, "you can play the fuckin song, dude." hahaha

Now playing don't cry....crowd is hot for this song

thanks so fuckin much!! are you in the izod center?

@gunsnroses

Jersey's own Pink Panther Ron @Bumblefoot Thal

449593278.jpg

Yup I'm here

yeah !! enjoy dude enjoy :D

reading the reviews on htgth, it looks like the show had a lame audience.

Axl sounded amazing tonight. He really brought his A game. Only issue was that they stopped selling booze at 11 which was basically when they went on. That may have put a damper on the crowd. Plus it's jersey. But axl was sick tonight!

Holy shit, Just got back home. I saw GNR in 2002 at Madison Square Garden, 2007 in Continental arena, and tonight's show was the best out of all of them.

Tonight's show totally exceeded expectations. In fact, it was pure magic.

Hey guy's, this is "the band". This is that special group Axl was looking for. The chemistry and musicianship is incredible. Every player is a star. But most importantly, was the "energy". This group of guys has it. I've never seen or felt this from any other line up, or new Guns performance. Even performances in the past where they played rare CD songs, or Axl's voice was doing it's perfect patented schred in it's finest form. It was like, it didn't matter what Axl sounded like or what songs were played or how they were played. It was just fucking awesome. I can't even explain it.

Before the show, I was bored with the setlist, and wasn't expecting much. I didn't understand why they were doing it like they were, but bow, I totally get it. This show was a straight up high energy, momentum of a freight train, rock and roll motherfucking show. Even the slower songs which sometimes bore me, were in a totally different light tonight. Everything just clicked, all cylinders firing, and was just flat out awesome.

Man, they played 3 hours tonight of just non stop pure energy. And let me tell you, this band was having so much fun, you could see it and feel it.

And can't even explain it properly now, but it was fucking awesome. Best concert I have ever been too in my life. No exaggeration.

I've got tons of details, won't write them all tonight. Here's one that's interesting though: every time I went to take a leak, I heard dude's praising the fuck out of the band. Some of the comments were dumb, but cool to hear like, "Fuckin Axl finally got a fuckin band that can play these goddamn songs." And that doesn't translate well into text, but it was said in a very supportive way. Basically, everybody that left to buy something or use the bathroom was talking about the band, and did everything quickly so they could get back to the show as soon as possible.

I left the show high on energy, and feel positive as fuck. That means a lot.

Holy shit, Just got back home. I saw GNR in 2002 at Madison Square Garden, 2007 in Continental arena, and tonight's show was the best out of all of them.

Hey guy's, this is "the band". This is that special group Axl was looking for. The chemistry and musicianship is incredible. Every player is a star. But most importantly, was the "energy". This group of guys has it. I've never seen or felt this from any other line up, or new Guns performance. Even performances in the past where they played rare CD songs, or Axl's voice was doing it's perfect patented schred in it's finest form. It was like, it didn't matter what Axl sounded like or what songs were played or how they were played. It was just fucking awesome. I can't even explain it.

Before the show, I was bored with the setlist, and wasn't expecting much. I didn't understand why they were doing it like they were, but bow, I totally get it. This show was a straight up high energy, momentum of a freight train, rock and roll motherfucking show. Even the slower songs which sometimes bore me, were in a totally different light tonight. Everythi

Before the show, I was bored with the setlist, and wasn't expecting much. I didn't understand why they were doing it like they were, but bow, I totally get it. This show was a straight up high energy, momentum of a freight train, rock and roll motherfucking show. Even the slower songs which sometimes bore me, were in a totally different light tonight. Everything just clicked, all cylinders firing, and was just flat out awesome.

Man, they played 3 hours tonight of just non stop pure energy. And let me tell you, this band was having so much fun, you could see it and feel it.

And can't even explain it properly now, but it was fucking awesome. Best concert I have ever been too in my life. No exaggeration.

I've got tons of details, won't write them all tonight. Here's one that's interesting though: every time I went to take a leak, I heard dude's praising the fuck out of the band. Some of the comments were dumb, but cool to hear like, "Fuckin Axl finally got a fuckin band that can play these goddamn songs." And that doesn't translate well into text, but it was said in a very supportive way. Basically, everybody that left to buy something or use the bathroom was talking about the band, and did everything quickly so they could get back to the show as soon as possible.

I left the show high on energy, and feel positive as fuck. That means a lot.

That's awesome, dude! Nice to hear that! Specially from someone who has seen all of the nuGnR formations live! I always felt like this for this band since I saw them live in 2010, they aren't individual players playing for pay or trying to stand out individually, they are a band, their chemistry is awesome! :thumbsup:

Wow, only 7 pages for a ny area show....??

I was wondering the same thing, until I saw some of the pictures and videos. Check out "DJ walking on the boards" at the 1:00 mark, there's a sea of empty seats behind him. It's really disappointing to see that for their only NYC area show on the tour.

even with the band chemistry getting better (fantastic), it's essentially the same show they have been doing for years now, if you are a regular joe, would you go to the same show twice or more? of course most of us on here would...maybe we are the crazy ones.

I was wondering the same thing, until I saw some of the pictures and videos. Check out "DJ walking on the boards" at the 1:00 mark, there's a sea of empty seats behind him. It's really disappointing to see that for their only NYC area show on the tour.

is that jarmo's head @ 0:27?

only places behind were empty,but that was "nighttrain"...if you read previous reviews after november rain people left arena...on some pics and on reviews you can see-read that arena was 90% full

Absolutely awesome show. My 5th time seeing them (1987 and 3 shows in 2006) and this was the best show. I was in the first row against the barricade, between Fortus and Axl's "spot." Axl's voice was clear and crisp, the band was tight and having fun. Axl opened the show by saying, "bet you were all wondering if I would show up. So was I." They sang happy birthday to Fortus. DJ nearly caused himself and his guitar to go up in sparks. Ron called Axl a motherfucker when he couldn't get to his foot pedal. Axl had new snakeskin cowboy boots on. The audience, eh, the people on the floor were into it, except for the two people who passed out, the fight that broke out, and the two guys being passed from person to person until security got them. It was simply awesome. I don't remember the order of songs, of course it opened with Chinese, followed by Jungle. I know Riff Raff was played pretty early. Shacklers, November Rain, Better, Sorry Night Train, Brownstone, Rosie, Rocket Queen, Sweet Child, ..... and more...... encore was Maddy, Patience, Paradise. Three solid hours of pure awesomeness.

Guys the arena was much more full earlier in the night, trust me. Around 12:45 or so a sea of people started leaving because the last train outta there is like 1:30 something otherwise you're fucked and stuck there the whole night. It wasn't sold out but it was definitely much more full earlier in the night. By the time DJ started walking along the hockey boards that was already towards the end of the show.

Absolutely awesome show. My 5th time seeing them (1987 and 3 shows in 2006) and this was the best show. I was in the first row against the barricade, between Fortus and Axl's "spot." Axl's voice was clear and crisp, the band was tight and having fun. Axl opened the show by saying, "bet you were all wondering if I would show up. So was I." They sang happy birthday to Fortus. DJ nearly caused himself and his guitar to go up in sparks. Ron called Axl a motherfucker when he couldn't get to his foot pedal. Axl had new snakeskin cowboy boots on. The audience, eh, the people on the floor were into it, except for the two people who passed out, the fight that broke out, and the two guys being passed from person to person until security got them. It was simply awesome. I don't remember the order of songs, of course it opened with Chinese, followed by Jungle. I know Riff Raff was played pretty early. Shacklers, November Rain, Better, Sorry Night Train, Brownstone, Rosie, Rocket Queen, Sweet Child, ..... and more...... encore was Maddy, Patience, Paradise. Three solid hours of pure awesomeness.

I agree about the crowd. The crowd sucked IMO but I've never been to a show in NJ where I haven't been disappointed in the crowd. That's why I was reall hoping for a Garden show.

It was definitely the most energetic and entertaining 3 hours I have ever been apart of. The show flowed tremendously, Axl was in great spirits, and the band was on point.

I'm not sure where the complaints about the crowd come in though. My section seemed pretty lively, and the floor looked that way to me as well....can't wait til Sunday!