East Rutherford, NJ - 11/17/2011 - Setlist, Pictures, Video etc.

Black Sabbath

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great story on your experience, you should go to all the shows & get paid to do reviews :rolleyes:

Why are they stopping people filming, is it just for the reason that people will sell it for profit? Wouldn't have thought it worth buying when so much is on youtube anyway rock4

Yeah, that's the "New York City Bitch Committee". There is hardly ever a show in the NY area that they don't film. I knew they would film this.

It's so fucking irritating that they charge for it, but they do a damn good job, I must say that. Hopefully someone will be a champ and buy it and upload it, because I won't be able to for awhile :/

Yeah, that's the "New York City Bitch Committee". There is hardly ever a show in the NY area that they don't film. I knew they would film this.

It's so fucking irritating that they charge for it, but they do a damn good job, I must say that. Hopefully someone will be a champ and buy it and upload it, because I won't be able to for awhile :/

I think I'm gonna buy it. They said they might film Camden too so I'll see about that as well.

amazing video rock3 rock3 rock3 rock3 rock3 I want the complete show with this quality :o

Fuck me that vid is great!!

Don't care that they didn't write this, but even accounting for what they've written and played themselves, this is the one song that this lineup (with either Finck or Ashba) has consistently done the best. They own Night train now and have for some time.

amazing video rock3 rock3 rock3 rock3 rock3 I want the complete show with this quality :o

Fuck me that vid is great!!

Don't care that they didn't write this, but even accounting for what they've written and played themselves, this is the one song that this lineup (with either Finck or Ashba) has consistently done the best. They own Night train now and have for some time.

Still take the Music Machine performance above this.

Overheard: "I can't tell if those people are serious about wanting to hear 'Oh My God.'"

from a review :rofl-lol:

I'm just gonna bring a little cardboard sign to Worcester that says "Oh My God" on it, I'll be on the rail, and I'll simply hold it there, all show long. hahah

Edited by GunsNRevolvers2

I was at the Izod show. I'm not a huge GnR fan who's been following them for the past 20 years, but I have all the albums and I loved them when Appetite came out.

Here are my impressions of the show.

They had a lot of energy and admirable stamina. The setlist was too long for anyone but a hardcore fan, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I came away with a lot of respect for Axl. He was professional and he really left it all on the stage, let's put it that way.

My major sense, overall, though, was that this is more of a tribute band than a vital, important band who is in any way relevant to music or art today. The entire thing, from the deafening (slightly off-time) pyrotechnics to the guitarists pouting and swilling Jaegermeister and sucking on a cigarette , seemed almost like a parody of the 1980s Sunset-strip glamrock and metal scene. Maybe that was the point?

Imagine taking your kids to a glamrock/metal theme park, and saying to them, "this is what popular music was like when I was a teenager!" The band that played at Izod would have been the band playing. They were great, they were professionals, they enjoyed themselves, the energy was there, the audience loved it.... but it was a nostalgia act first and foremost.

Thanks also to everyone who posted reviews and videos -- it's great to be able to see them again from different angles.

By the way, the Izod center has 20,000 capacity for concerts. GnR sold 12,000 tickets, so it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 2/3 full, or thereabouts.

By the way, the Izod center has 20,000 capacity for concerts. GnR sold 12,000 tickets, so it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 2/3 full, or thereabouts.

That's a pretty respectable number of tickets for a tour that hasn't seen much in the way of promotion. Good to hear!

Got to the venue and in line almost exactly at 1pm. There were only two people in line at the time, GNRSkidRow1 from MYGNR, and a lurker. GNRSR1 and I hit it off right away, real cool kid. He got there at 11am, and the second guy in line, in his 40s, was there at noon. So at least my friend and I had some cool people to enjoy the show with.

29awrhz.jpg

It was around 44 degrees all afternoon, with drizzling here and there. I had been up since around 7am and had gone to sleep around 1, so I didn't have much sleep. I drank a NOS on the way there, but that was it, and after being in line for awhile, I started to feel it the tiredness come over me. Luckily they started handing out cans of Monster not long after :awesome:

Finally, around 7:15 they let us inside, and they stupidly did everything then (scanning tickets, putting and 'X' on the back of the ticket, and wristbands), and the people doing it sucked at it. Regardless, we got in there and we (the first 4 in line) were directly front row. I could touch the stage.

After waiting until somewhere between 9:15-9:30. Asking Alexandria came on and I must say, they were among one of the worst "shows" I have seen. They were terrible. It's pretty bad when I would have rather had Buckcherry, or even Hinder open. They got booed after just about every song. Apparently they cancelled the show they were supposed to be at that night to open for Guns because they would have gotten more money, so in my opinion, that's like a "Fuck you!" to the fans that actually wanted to see them that night. Regardless, the band sucked. Fuck them.

After they left the stage, the crew came out and started setting Guns' stuff up right away. There was really only maybe 15 minutes or so between the time they were done and when Guns came on, which was exactly at 11.

Lights out.

The "Dexter" intro started and everyone started to cheer/scream. After the intro, the Chinese Democracy intro started and DJ stood up behind Frank as he always does. I could see Axl on the side of the stage getting ready. Once the song was about to kick into the vocals, Axl came out to the center stage and got ready and everyone that could see him started going nuts, myself included. When the lights came out and the song really started, the whole place went ballistic.

11kf59y.jpg

To save myself and everyone else time, I'll make it easy and simple - Axl was on mother-fucking fire, as was the band. Haters can call it a "cover" band all they want, but these guys fucking rock and they love every minute of it.

Some highlights for me:

- Being front row for my first Gn'R show

- Shaking Mike Smith's (Bubbles) hand during November Rain [bottom left corner] when he was in front of the rail (If you go back to 5:26 in the video, DJ gets hit by the fireworks lol)

- Being on the big screen during "

"

- Bumble talking/saying things to us while he was starting his solo - Some guy behind me was joking and saying "Bumblefoot, do you want some gum?!" And after Bumble looked up, the guy said it again. Bumble laughed and joked "Don't fuck me up!" - Then after the solo GNRSR1 was yelling "Don't Cry!". Ron said back, "For you, brother!"

- Shaking Bumble's hand at the end

To be honest, with it being so loud and with myself and everyone around me singing so much/so loud, I honestly couldn't hear/understand Axl all too much, but I didn't give a fuck. It was one of the best concerts I've been to.

Axl and the rest of the band were nothing short of amazing.

Can't wait 'til tomorrow night!

2n0pj09.jpg

x54d4g.jpg

nqafx4.jpg

2mx52so.jpg

wbrtdu.jpg

bdjdow.jpg

2r3b9tx.jpg

9h3nsg.jpg

Edited by Black Sabbath

That's a pretty respectable number of tickets for a tour that hasn't seen much in the way of promotion. Good to hear!

12,000 is a whole lot a fn people, great numbers!