Does anyone like Myles Kennedy?

Guns n' Swedes

I don't think he's voice and style work on aggressive, angry songs. (Hence some GNR songs sound off.)

But otherwise I like him very much. If you ask me, we need more songs like

today. Everybody today tries so hard to go for understated. Where did the fire go? Where is the enthusiasm?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two times I've seen Slash live he did 2 songs off his album, 1 VR song, 1 Snakepit song and t

he rest was all GnR. No one called him a "cover band". GnR do 7 songs off Chinese and still get shit. I just don't get it.

Edit: Not quite sure what happened here, this wasn't meant to be the post I posted ^THAT^ in.

I like MK, I just don't like him singing GnR songs. I don't quite know what Slash thinks is so great about him, the 2 songs with him on RnFnR are nowhere near my favourites. Doesn't really bode well for the next album!

Edited by Binge_And_Slash

It's not a problem of vocal ability. Myles clearly can sing, he doesn't go out of breath, he stays in pitch etc...

It's a problem of having a fucking annoying nasal voice.

Give me Rod Jackson or, better, Eric Dover any day of the week instead.

+1

Not sure about Eric Dover, but Rod Jackson is probably the best vocalist since Axl. And yes, Myles is very good technically but it's his voice that annoys the fuck out of me.

+2

I said it before and I'll say it again. After Axl Rose, Rod fuckin' Jackson was the best singer that has ever played with Slash. Goddamn, that vocal range.

rock3

Edited by pi2loc

Rod Jackson is so terrible he might just give me cancer.

Rod Jackson is just not even on the same level, he falls well short of great singer status...

He sounded good on the album. But live he was quite disappointing.

You guys can't be serious.... Watch this....

It's like Slash feat.Elton John on Back To The Moment! Amazing voice!