What do you hope CD II sounds like?

ITW 2012

I never thought of this before, but even if the next record comes out, there won't be much promotion for it. They will probably only play a couple songs live to make sure AFD still dominates the set lists.

And I think as long Chris Pitman is around there will be one or two tracks that will have an industrial sound. I think they have a good thing going there but I can see if most fans aren't ready for it. I can't see them with a "safer" rock and roll record.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll take anything at this point. Just want to hear/see more of Axl's art. if he has 20 some odd songs the way the band talks then release it as is. I bet they sound great. just like the "99" leaks sounded. Don't keep fucking with the songs.

I agree the originality on CD cannot stop. To me, not another band sounds like Guns do right now and it's awesome. Idk the chorus in Shackler's gets me sooooo pumped I scream with it. Every time. So I guess my answer is more of what they're doing. Maybe a couple curveballs

Dude....are you serious? GNR is a rock band, man. This would NOT be cool for a GNR record. Maybe a solo thing, but you can't put music like that out under the GNR name. No way. I wouldn't buy it.

Yeah, that would be brutal. Guns N' Roses is a fucking rock band.

CD was a rock album from a rock band.

BTW, The White Stripes are better than any of those other bands you named.

You think the White Stripes are better than Jane's Addiction and NIN? Sorry, but the White Stripes are garbage! Jack White should just be a guy fronting a cover band.

I don't think that. I know that. Janes Addiction are horrible. NIN are good, but Jack White is a guitar god. Maybe you've only heard their radio songs. Jack White is the only musician since Axl to do anything worthwhile in rock music IMO.

I don't want to hear GNR do an electronic music style. I think that's what most people disliked about the new band giving them the image they have to the public. Axl sounds best over Rock N Roll music. Just listen to him sing over Bach's rock band. It's more fitting than Chinese Democracy in some ways. I hope it's a very heavy rock album.

So you think that Jack White is a better musician than Trent Reznor, and a better guitar player than Dave Navarro?

Yes I do. I think most people would agree with that as well. Jack White is one of the most respected musicians in the world. When you get the respect of someone like Jimmy Page, you'd think he is doing something right. Dave Navarro has never written any memorable riffs/solos like Jack White has.

Fuck Jimmy Page! To quote Tracii Guns, "Jimmy Page never heard a riff he didn't steal."

Dude....are you serious? GNR is a rock band, man. This would NOT be cool for a GNR record. Maybe a solo thing, but you can't put music like that out under the GNR name. No way. I wouldn't buy it.

Yeah, that would be brutal. Guns N' Roses is a fucking rock band.

CD was a rock album from a rock band.

What's your point? I agree. But going all electronic like the OP youtube video would be hideous.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Dont expect from a band that isnt original anymore,to create original GNR sound anymore.

The key to originality is the prominence of Chris Pitman.

& please look at Bumblefoot’s music.

I think this claim derives solely from the involvement of Dj; who like Slash is a traditional, bluesy player (which at times can produce originality).

Honestly? I hope they get a little more bold with the production. CD sounded great, but I was hoping for something that threw us for a sonic loop, like a NIN/Beck sounding production.

Exactly. I would love to see moar industrial/ nu metal downtuned stuff on the next record.

don't want: ballads and covers

do want: pretty much anything else but for specifics - venomous-vicious-stab-you-to-death-run-you-over-with-my-car-and-feed-you-to-the-wolves kinda songs, these songs could be in most genres as long as the attitude and hate is within them. some trippy songs that goes well with eating shrooms. some riffy slow songs with groove. guest vocals from phil anselmo. guest solos from dave gilmour. axl's version of tool kinda music. laid back acoustic songs with axl's humourus lyrics (think kid rock - half your age).

i really could go on for quite a while. but as always. when it comes to new music from GN'R - in the end ANYTHING WOULD BE GREAT UNCLE AXE!

Dj & Bumblefoot are capable of producing an album of significant commercial success. I will like it and so will Spin and RS; but it won’t be a Chinese Democracy in terms of future appreciation.

You're hilarious. "future appreciation"? Seriously? I love CD as much as anyone, but even I can see that it has done everything it's going to do.

I would say that Ron and DJ should have no problems whatsoever outdoing CD. As far as "future appreciation" goes, CD is and always will be the redheaded stepchild of the GnR discography.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

You're hilarious. "future appreciation"? Seriously? I love CD as much as anyone, but even I can see that it has done everything it's going to do.

I do think the future, devoid of the emotions regarding the breakdown of GN’R, will be able to see Chinese Democracy as an important album.

I do think the future, devoid of the emotions regarding the breakdown of GN’R, will be able to see Chinese Democracy as an important album.

I guess I can't predict the future so I'll put my crystal ball away. I do find the lineup now to be more talented than the CD lineup though, and I think they should be able to put out something great. In my opinion, Ron improves every one of Bucket's solos live, and DJ doesn't butcher the old stuff as bad as Finck did. With Axl's influence, I see this band going a long way if they are allowed to do so.

Guest ben9785

It comes down to personal preference but I like the way Finck, Bucket and Brain sounded together. I would love to hear the darker songs Axl hinted at, like "Soul Monster" and "The General" which Brain apparently cowrote. I thought Bucket and Finck complimented each other well and Brain is a monster on drums.

I am resigned that DJ with this lineup is the way forward. I only hope that some of the tracks left over from CD will turn up (without overdubs, rerecorded solos) and then they move on..