How's the US tour doing?

Georgy Zhukov

That is awesome! I am happy to hear how well these guys are doing. Hopefully it will elevate the band to a whole new level of respect in the public.

Yeah wouldn't that be cool! I know the fans are happy, but there are still some critics out there who are still critizing Axl for whatever they feel like!

I've said it before, the only thing that matters is that the fans are coming to the shows and loving it!

I don't care what time Axl and GNR come out. They're playing 3 hour shows and that's fuckin amazing! Like Axl said on the Metal show, they're putting it all out there, so what is there left for them to do?

Rock and roll bands have always lived a different lifestyle from Elvis to now. It's part of their personna. I think it's about time the so called critics get off Axl's back and give him some props for getting out there and giving a 3 hour show to every damn city they're performing in, instead of being so damn critical.

So there are 3 guitar players. Iron Maiden have 3 guitar players and yet no one says they're trying to replace anyone. Some people say Axl needs 3 guitar players to replace Slash. I doubt that. I think he's picked some amazing musicians who are also kickin ass on stage. There are many talented musicians out there and let's give them the respect they deserve too.

You can see from the footage how comfortable the guys are on stage. I think back in the 90's, GNR was losing that and it's sad to think, but that's the way it is. Axl and company are having a good time onstage and so are the fans! This is a beautiful thing!

From what I've read in reviews from fans and critics alike, it seems like the tour is doing respectable numbers considering the little to no promotion it's had. Seems like 10 000 or more for the bigger markets, and a bit less for the smaller ones. Reviews have been mostly positive, with most of the nitpicking being done by critics for little stuff like Axl changing his clothes too much rather than the quality of the show. I'd say Guns is doing just fine. :thumbsup:

Man, I use the thumbs up icon WAY too much.

Edited by Paul Stanley

Selling about 8K a show which is about all you can ask for so I would say it has been successful all things considered.........

See, that wasn't so hard!!!

Not talking about venue size, how would you rate the actual shows?

Three hours long, 30 songs, added estranged, most shows appear to be starting 1 hour after opener ends, reports from attendees are positive about how Axl and the band starts.

Cons....no new songs, six covers, too many solos.

10,000 ticket sellout in Chicago, according to me.

I'd say pretty good. And something like 10,000 in NY the other day?

Tour reviews: Great reviews from fans, pretty good from media.

Was it a sell out though? I didn't have anyone to go with last Tuesday but I was checking that day to see if tickets were available and I was able to find 8 GA tickets on ticketmaster only a few hours before the show.

From what I've heard the band members themselves are having a blast. Everyone is having a great time. Estranged is back and better than ever and its going better than everyone hoped it to be. I've never seen so much respect and appreciation for the band since I've read about the Illusions tour. I think it may be their best lineup. Though I do respect past lineups including the original, Illusions and 2002.

Was it a sell out though? I didn't have anyone to go with last Tuesday but I was checking that day to see if tickets were available and I was able to find 8 GA tickets on ticketmaster only a few hours before the show.

Don't know. It was a 'capacity crowd'. Seats all full. I'm sure you could find GA tickets... you'd be way back by the soundboard, but...

Don't know. It was a 'capacity crowd'. Seats all full. I'm sure you could find GA tickets... you'd be way back by the soundboard, but...

At the beginning of the show it looked like the place was completely packed, although people started pouring out before the encore as it was close to 2AM. :lol:

although people started pouring out before the encore as it was close to 2AM. :lol:

Pussies full of maggots :tongue2:

It's funny, cause people leaving early really separated the casual fans from the die-hard Guns fans. The roar of the crowd was just as loud during the encore when the arena was 60-70% full as it was when the show started with it filled to capacity.

The crowd for Wilkes-Barre last night was terrible. Worst concert crowd I've ever been a part of. You could've done a head count. I still can't figure out, if they were coming to PA, why not Pittsburgh or Philly. Oh well. For those of us who did go, we got a great show. Hopefully that was the low point for the 2011 tour and things pick up from there.

Selling about 8K a show which is about all you can ask for so I would say it has been successful all things considered.........

See, that wasn't so hard!!!

Not talking about venue size, how would you rate the actual shows?

Three hours long, 30 songs, added estranged, most shows appear to be starting 1 hour after opener ends, reports from attendees are positive about how Axl and the band starts.

Cons....no new songs, six covers, too many solos.

Not as hard as you making a post without whining about Axl/NuGuns haters I am sure............ ;)

Sigh.

Ok. Well I tried anyway.

And yes, I will probably always comment on those who come to a GnR forum specifically to bash the band. Just like the people do in the VR section if u don't proclaim that Slash is a God and the best guitar player in history.

And I suspect you will continue to educate (and take great offense) anybody who dares says something positive about GnR at a GnR forum.

Now that we have firmly established that......are you capable of actually answering a topic question without carrying grudges from topic to topic? I was actually curious to hear your response.

This week I've received 3 different emails with tickets lower bowl tickets from free to $25 for Detroit. I'm really hoping for a good turn out, but it's not looking real good right now.

It was so cool to see the venue sold out in Chicago, I was hoping for a huge crowd in Detroit as well.

This week I've received 3 different emails with tickets lower bowl tickets from free to $25 for Detroit. I'm really hoping for a good turn out, but it's not looking real good right now.

It was so cool to see the venue sold out in Chicago, I was hoping for a huge crowd in Detroit as well.

How big is the venue? I bet they have about 6-8K there like most of the shows...considering the economy in Detroit that would be a win Yes?

The Palace seats about 20,000 for an end stage concert. When tickets went on sale, they already made it clear that upper bowl wouldn't be sold (same of 06). But in 06 the lower bowl and floor were filled in. All the free to $25 tickets are in the 4 sections behind the mixing board, opposite end of the stage.

How big is the venue? I bet they have about 6-8K there like most of the shows...considering the economy in Detroit that would be a win Yes?

The Palace seats about 20,000 for an end stage concert. When tickets went on sale, they already made it clear that upper bowl wouldn't be sold (same of 06). But in 06 the lower bowl and floor were filled in. All the free to $25 tickets are in the 4 sections behind the mixing board, opposite end of the stage.

Economy may be hurting sales in Detroit? they still may 6K+ which about average for this tour...........

Could be. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm gonna enjoy the piss out of the show whether there's 2k or 20k, I was just surprised to get so many different offers from free to $25.

Edited by russtcb

someone had posted some actual concert stats from billboard a few weeks ago. not sure if more data has been put up online but it would be interesting to see.

i was at the houston and dallas shows and there were around 12.5k fans at each one, if not more.