Springsteen to tour in 2012 and release a new album.

NightProwler

FUCK YEAAAAAAA

www.brucespringsteen.net

Well, things are starting to heat up down on E Street.

A lot of you have been hearing that Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will be on tour in 2012. That is absolutely correct. The European dates run from the middle of May until end of July and are being announced this week. Info on the US dates and the World tour dates will coming up shortly.

In addition, we want you to know that the music is almost done (but still untitled), we have almost settled on the release date (but not quite yet), and that we are all incredibly excited about everything that we're planning for 2012. That's all the info we have for right now, but we'll get back to you--real soon.

Isle of Wight, Hard Rock Calling, Sunderland's Stadium of Light, and Manchester's Etihad all announced for June and July. This is gonna be amazing.

It's the E Street Band, so we know most of the band: Charlie Giordano on organ, Roy Bittan on keys, Mighty Max behind the kit, Little Steven and Nils Lofgren on guitars (maybe Patti if they let her plug her guitar in), Sister Soozie Tyrell on the violin, Garry W. Tallent on bass, and of course The Boss. Only question is who takes over Big C's parts. The obvious choices are the Miami Horns, Curt Ramm, or Jake Clemons (C's nephew). I would take Jake, personally. I like the idea of keeping it all in the E Street family, and Jake is a hell of a horn player. Check this out - if he can do this, he's set for any other song:

I am absolutely thrilled. I cannot wait for these shows. Seen the E Street Band 4x, and they are easily the 4 best shows I have ever seen. I'm gonna cry like a fucking baby when they hit the Born To Run sax solo - I'll never forget any of the 4x I've heard it, and - no matter how great the new player is - will never replace the BIG KAHUNA, the MAN WITH A PHD IN SAXUAL HEALING, the DUKE OF PADUCAH, the KING OF THE WORLD, LOOK OUT OBAMA! THE NEXT BLACK PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES EVEN THOUGH HE’S DEAD… YOU WISH YOU COULD BE LIKE HIM BUT YOU CAN’T! LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE BIGGEST MAN YOU’VE EVER SEEN!... GIVE ME A C-L-A-R-E-N-C-E. WHAT’S THAT SPELL? CLARENCE! WHAT’S THAT SPELL? CLARENCE! WHAT’S THAT SPELL? CLARENCE BIG MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN CLEMONS!

Isle of Wight, Hard Rock Calling, Sunderland's Stadium of Light, and Manchester's Etihad all announced for June and July. This is gonna be amazing.

It's the E Street Band, so we know most of the band: Charlie Giordano on organ, Roy Bittan on keys, Mighty Max behind the kit, Little Steven and Nils Lofgren on guitars (maybe Patti if they let her plug her guitar in), Sister Soozie Tyrell on the violin, Garry W. Tallent on bass, and of course The Boss. Only question is who takes over Big C's parts. The obvious choices are the Miami Horns, Curt Ramm, or Jake Clemons (C's nephew). I would take Jake, personally. I like the idea of keeping it all in the E Street family, and Jake is a hell of a horn player. Check this out - if he can do this, he's set for any other song:

I am absolutely thrilled. I cannot wait for these shows. Seen the E Street Band 4x, and they are easily the 4 best shows I have ever seen. I'm gonna cry like a fucking baby when they hit the Born To Run sax solo - I'll never forget any of the 4x I've heard it, and - no matter how great the new player is - will never replace the BIG KAHUNA, the MAN WITH A PHD IN SAXUAL HEALING, the DUKE OF PADUCAH, the KING OF THE WORLD, LOOK OUT OBAMA! THE NEXT BLACK PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES EVEN THOUGH HE’S DEAD… YOU WISH YOU COULD BE LIKE HIM BUT YOU CAN’T! LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE BIGGEST MAN YOU’VE EVER SEEN!... GIVE ME A C-L-A-R-E-N-C-E. WHAT’S THAT SPELL? CLARENCE! WHAT’S THAT SPELL? CLARENCE! WHAT’S THAT SPELL? CLARENCE BIG MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN CLEMONS!

Could be Max and Jay Weinberg on drums. I think as long as Conan has his show, Jay's going to be involved in the band, or at least be there for the sessions.

Likely on sax - Eddie Manion, who was also part of the Seeger sessions.

Rumours saying that he will be playing a month or two in the US then off to Europe for the summer. 3 Italian shows just got confirmed by a promoter on FB, so things are lining up. Saw the last show in Buffalo 09 (so thankful I went). THREE AND A HALF FUCKIN HOURS, Oh god it was orgasmic.

As for the lineup, I think Jake Clemons playing would be awesome, but I also want the Miami Horns there, just because Tunnel of Love bootlegs are my favourite. LOVE THE HORNS. Anyways bring on the album, bring on the tour. HES BACK FOLKS, HES BACK.

Could be Max and Jay Weinberg on drums. I think as long as Conan has his show, Jay's going to be involved in the band, or at least be there for the sessions.

Likely on sax - Eddie Manion, who was also part of the Seeger sessions.

Max hasn't been on Conan since Conan moved to TBS...

Manion won't take on sax duties by himself. If it's a single saxophonist/sexophonist, it will be Jake. Manion would definitely be a part of this incarnation of the Miami Horns. I'd say him, La Bamba, Pender, and Curt Ramm. I'd like them to have Jake full-time with the horn section as needed - bring em on for 10th Ave, Higher and Higher, Kitty's Back, etc. but otherwise leave Jake up there.

I would have KILLED to make Buffalo, especially in hindsight post-C's passing. The C story / BTR pose gives me goosebumps just watching on YouTube. I got to the last 2 at the Spectrum in Oct 09 (as well as what was supposed to be the last show in April). Just a magical 28 hours or so. BTR the first night - got tix about 3 wks before when they announced the album because I just had a feeling I needed to go if I was ever gonna hear Jungleland; still tear up whenever I listen to the bootleg and get to C's solo - and USA second night. The crowd singing back "This is your hometown" to Bruce on the first stadium stage he ever played, last time he'd ever play it.....wow. Chills. Plus, he pulled a crazy audible, a song the band hadn't played since the early 70s, on a whim. The band literally figured it out on stage. You're welcome, world, because that night is where Higher and Higher made its triumphant return.

I'm rambling, I know, but that is simply the power of the Boss. Words cannot describe how excited I am. I will not do any work the day the record comes out, and I will setlist watch every fuckin' show for the first month at least. All this anticipation just makes me feel like I'm livin' in the future, 'cause none of this has happened yet...

Edited by axlslash