They should tour the U.S. during the summer next time.

Upgrayedd

I'm not an expert (duh), but I'm sure the start was dictated when Rio was, and if you're talking about Feb, then you're talking about basketball and hockey seasons going full speed. Arena availability would be more limited (and more expensive). Summer entertainment dollars are stretched further than usual. Fall concerts make a lot of sense.

...totally wouldnt be opposed to shows in the summer, mind you, but its not like they flipped a coin and toured in the fall =)

Edited by Gagarin

I'm not an expert (duh), but I'm sure the start was dictated when Rio was, and if you're talking about Feb, then you're talking about basketball and hockey seasons going full speed. Arena availability would be more limited (and more expensive). Summer entertainment dollars are stretched further than usual. Fall concerts make a lot of sense.

...totally wouldnt be opposed to shows in the summer, mind you, but its not like they flipped a coin and toured in the fall =)

Hmmm, basketball and hockey both start in October (not basketball this year) and end in April-May. So it's the same boat. football season ends in the first quarter of the new year as well. Baseball season is on during the summer, but rock concerts generally aren't held in baseball parks. In the summer the main competition is other bands.

And wasn't there supposed to be a Guns/Van Halen summer tour that got canned?

I still think some of these NBA venues were chosen over the smaller arenas in some markets because there was no NBA in the foreseeable future. The promoters were most likely able to score good deals. Unfortunately, the larger arenas make the band look less popular.

A summer tour would be much better IMHO.

They could hit the outdoor amphitheaters and do some 10-15,000 seats hockey arenas which would be easy to get during the summer. Though the owners may ask for more money due to all the touring that goes on during the summer

Stadiums would not be a good choice for GNR or really any band except a select few.

As a fan I like the smaller venues much better anyway.

As far as them playing at bigger arenas at some shows on this tour than they should I am sure the NBA not playing would make the price to rent them go way down so the band can just close the upper deck.

Everyone knows that money is tight in the US and the current tour is happening to close to Christmas which makes money even tighter as far as going to a concert or similar.