Video: Fans annoying Axl

GnR Chris

I don't see how they were annoying Axl. They were acting like any normal starstruck person would when meeting a celebrity that they like. It's not like they were badgering him or anything like that. No big deal, IMO. I'm sure any straight guy in the world would love to hangout with smoking hot chicks in exchange for saying hi to their video camera lol. If he really cared he wouldn't have even allowed them to have a camera backstage to begin with.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if I met Axl, I'd be the most socially awkward person ever. "So, uh, hi. How was your day? Is it cold in Indiana?"

I really wouldn't know what to say to him or any celebrity. I've met Daria Werbowy and all I can think of is..."do you like cats?"

For the record she doesn't. Or didn't at the time.

Edited by BirdCatcher

What do you guys think? I personally detest celebrity worship. There's another video where she demands he say hi with a camera in Axl's face.

They're human beings. I, for one, would be too embarrassed to hold a video camera to a person's face backstage or wherever else. It's different at an appearance/signing to take photos with fans.

Either way, I'm linking because Axl seems in great spirits here.

Edit: Here's the other one:

It must be hard to have to be a nice person all the time when you deal with this on a daily basis.

I think you're reading too much into it. If people gush over someone who's music/movies/artwork makes them feel good or any positive emotions, that's fine. Axl seems to be very nice and accepting and very cordial in the video. It's also just a 26 second clip. If he didn't want video to be taken, he would have said so.

The whole videoing on mobile phones when at concerts in general shits me. I understand people was something to take away from the show but you lose the whole feel for the gig when you stand there hold your mobile in the air. A quick photo or something yeah but to miss out on the vibe because you're playing with your phone for ages is just a bit lame in my opinion.

The whole videoing on mobile phones when at concerts in general shits me. I understand people was something to take away from the show but you lose the whole feel for the gig when you stand there hold your mobile in the air. A quick photo or something yeah but to miss out on the vibe because you're playing with your phone for ages is just a bit lame in my opinion.

That is my opinion,but it doesn't seem to be a popular one.I don't go to gigs to text messages and photos,I go to have a good time,and enjoy the experience.I also don't go with the motive of "collecting as many pictures/videos as possible.It seems some are staking out and stalking out pictures specifically to boost their e-peen.

Granted,when I started going to shows,we didn't have cellphones,nor computers in school/home.It was a different ambience/attitude.

That is my opinion,but it doesn't seem to be a popular one.I don't go to gigs to text messages and photos,I go to have a good time,and enjoy the experience.I also don't go with the motive of "collecting as many pictures/videos as possible.It seems some are staking out and stalking out pictures specifically to boost their e-peen.

Granted,when I started going to shows,we didn't have cellphones,nor computers in school/home.It was a different ambience/attitude.

Some people need to document every part of their lives, but if an artist isn't putting aside a section for tapers, they want you to have your undivided attention and watch the show. Now you see a sea of iPhones, and while it's nice that it exists for fans, or if it's newsworthy, should put it away after the second or third song. After that, you're bootlegging unless it's a song here and there that's a favorite, or want to get the last song on. Beastie Boys did that "Awesome - I just Shot That" (I got the name wrong but fuck it) where they handed out the video cameras and just made a DVD from all the different angles in the crowd.

What do you guys think? I personally detest celebrity worship. There's another video where she demands he say hi with a camera in Axl's face.

They're human beings. I, for one, would be too embarrassed to hold a video camera to a person's face backstage or wherever else. It's different at an appearance/signing to take photos with fans.

It must be hard to have to be a nice person all the time when you deal with this on a daily basis.

I think you're reading too much into it. If people gush over someone who's music/movies/artwork makes them feel good or any positive emotions, that's fine. Axl seems to be very nice and accepting and very cordial in the video. It's also just a 26 second clip. If he didn't want video to be taken, he would have said so.

I'm sure Beta told them what they could or couldn't do, including how much time he had, so she prob. had them limit the interaction to a minute or two per person, and if they got out of control, he'd leave and that would be the end of it. She seems like she'd be friendly but pretty clear about the rules.

I feel great shame to see this video, poor Axl, sometimes the fans are unbearable.

I will not tire of repeating, is a human being like you and me, listen to music and leave him alone!

and in the second video he was not so happy!

Edited by Blummas

Ohhh shit, groupies finally got a camera!

Wish Axl had his shades on. Or put them back on in the second part right before he said "hi." :shades:

I have to admit when I saw the thread title I thought it would be something like the "Wheeeeeeere's Slash???" idiocy again. This isn't really antagonizing him. Most people don't get to meet the stars behind the stage, so it's natural they don't understand the courteous way to behave.

Everyone hating on these people for aggravating the artiste, how long would you have been there trying to say how highly you value the new band, how you were the one who really got Chinese Democracy, how the media always lies about him, oh and by the way can you name me at least one new song off the next album? Can you play Oh My God next show? Can you play the General for Christmas? :rolleyes:

And Axl just sits on and on going from to :D:) to :huh: to <_< to :book: as you go on and on praising him for his superior choice in guitarists, the newfound chemistry amongst the band, how the shows have never been *too* late, how you tried to bring him an inflated dolphin, how he looks like he's in such great shape for someone his age and the reviewers at Blabbermouth are all gay and have depth perception disorders, how you really understand and respect his decision not to reconnect with Slash but you look forward to seeing Izzy come back whenever he bicycles his way and hope Steven the best in his recovery, even though Frank, Brain, and Josh were all better, except Matt, who just utterly lacks soul and drums like a boring machine, Slash is welcome to keep him, oh and Axl how about that Rock and Roll Hall of Fame thing, what are you thinking about on that? And heheh, did you see how Slash butchered Sweet Child O' Mine with Fergie? Complete sellout, completely tarnished the name! And Myles Kennedy can't sing it either. Well actually he's a pretty rocking singer, but he just can't do it like you, no one can do it like Axl, well I do sing in a covers band, that's why I wore this bandanna tonight, that's part of it, I actually caught this bandanna from your hand in 2002 at the VMAs - which, by the way, kicked ass, the sound system didn't do your vocals justice and Welcome to the Jungle was a troublesome one, but you did THE BEST PERFORMANCE OF MADAGASCAR THAT HAS EVER BEEN HEARD, its like, as amazing as Sailing, truly that's one the most underrated, poignant masterpieces Guns N Roses ever performed.. I should know bout that Jungle thing, cause I sing it at my tribute band shows and I'm wrecked, we have to go into Patience right that and a drum solo and then a jam on Double Talkin' Jive so my voice can recover, man, how can you manage a three hour performance? And so it continues until the lameass security arrives to beat you out of the building.

LMFAO

Thanks guys, i go to sleep with a smile!! Good thread in general

Some people need to document every part of their lives, but if an artist isn't putting aside a section for tapers, they want you to have your undivided attention and watch the show. Now you see a sea of iPhones, and while it's nice that it exists for fans, or if it's newsworthy, should put it away after the second or third song. After that, you're bootlegging unless it's a song here and there that's a favorite, or want to get the last song on. Beastie Boys did that "Awesome - I just Shot That" (I got the name wrong but fuck it) where they handed out the video cameras and just made a DVD from all the different angles in the crowd.

Nice synopsis Dalsh,well written and I agree with this viewpoint.I go to gigs for the concert experience that simply cannot be duplicated on Utube or even a DVD.

I may be wrong but it seems like some people's motivation is to brag to the online community and impress people with their,for lack of a better word "exclusivity".

This is not the Axl I've been reading about. The Axl I've been reading about would have smashed that camera beat the shit out of that girl and shoot flames from his ass.

This Axl...seems like a cool guy.

Edit: Bumblefoot is hilarious. "You going to put this on fucking YouTube?"

Edited by BirdCatcher