huge

GnRDuff1

Everyone shits on Paul Huge constantly and everyone talks about how terrible he is/he broke the band up/what a douche etc etc. I was just looking at the album credits in CD and two of the songs I think are the best-written (not necessarily hardest rocking, but best from a songwriting standpoint) are Prostitute and CITR. He is given credit for BOTH songs and also TWAT, which is highly regarded around these parts as the album's masterpiece (not universally, but the majority). Do you think he was just given credit as lip service or should we maybe reconsider the fanbase's general opinion of the guy?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't blame the guy for joining GNR upon Axls request.

Anyone in his shoes would have done the same.

Props to him for helping write those tunes.

Exactly.

Guy obviously has some musical talent. Pretty pathetic to dislike somebody just because a guitar player doesn't like him.

Slash hates that guy.

Well I have no opinions or intellectual capacity of my own whatsoever, so that'll do it for me.

I was just sayin'...

Wasn't aimed at you, just at anyone who'd follow that type of mentality. Holy shit this double quote signatures getting annoying, I'll have to lose the picture.

Edited by Flayer

Exactly.

Guy obviously has some musical talent. Pretty pathetic to dislike somebody just because a guitar player doesn't like him.

Sounded like a clash of egos,or possibly a pissing match.Whatever,but Paul Huge/Tobias seems to catch flac for helping out by request of a longtime friend.I actually liked the Sympathy for the Devil cover,and fuck what Sorum says,seriously.

Exactly.

Sounded like a clash of egos,or possibly a pissing match.Whatever,but Paul Huge/Tobias seems to catch flac for helping out by request of a longtime friend.I actually liked the Sympathy for the Devil cover,and fuck what Sorum says,seriously.

Maybe Slash hated Paul's suspenders.

Exactly.

Maybe Slash hated Paul's suspenders.

Ha! Flayer,you are entertaining the fuck outta me tonight,some of your posts are hilarious! :). Please continue, the humor elevates the mood that is sometimes present.

Nobody should "hate" Paul at all,for his contributions,or presence,or whatever else nonsense has been floating around over the years.

I'd actually like it if he came back just to help out on the songwriting for CDII.

he probably has already , there's 20+ songs out there apparently

I'd actually like it if he came back just to help out on the songwriting for CDII.

But I have a feeling at least part of the next album will consist of material written by this formation...

Okay I'm very happy to hear all the positivity/netrality regarding him. I know it used to beb that he'd get bashed almost whenever possible. Hell, maybe it was just a couple people and they did it so often and with such venom that it seeped iinto my mind as how the fanbase at large felt about the guy

But I have a feeling at least part of the next album will consist of material written by this formation...

I hope not, if that's the case then we'd have to wait another 15 years for it to be recorded/rerecorded /re re recorded etc

give me some dim sim left overs

Edited by gunns5

He really helped not only writing songs, but also getting the foundations for several others.

Also, he wasnt a bad guitar payer at all. At least he played the rhythm parts of Rocket Queen they way it should be, unlike Gilby. :P

I dont get why anyone would hate Paul,other than the smarmy swill of innacurate stories and people in general wanting someone "to blame". :shrugs:

He really helped not only writing songs, but also getting the foundations for several others.

Also, he wasnt a bad guitar payer at all. At least he played the rhythm parts of Rocket Queen they way it should be, unlike Gilby. :P

I dont get why anyone would hate Paul,other than the smarmy swill of innacurate stories and people in general wanting someone "to blame". :shrugs:

Matt's and Slash's stories are the main reasons for the hate towards Paul...